Irish Molly's 2011 Diary

That makes sense to me too IM. Ive been quite vocal about how I dont think I could ever do tfr, but Ive been struggling this weekend to get out of weekend mind, and I was even thinking perhaps it is something I should do for a few weeks, just take food out of the equation altogether. Then I though, no, I cant do it. Ive got to learn to eat only when hungry. I had a lovely breakfast this morning, scrambled eggs on seeded bread, and grilled tomatoes, but I stupidly went and had 2 biscuits afterwards. What is wrong with me. Grrrr.
Anyway, I think Ive got to totally revise my whole eating plan and reduce portions and sugars.

Hope you have had a lovely weekend.
xxx

Clarri, it is tough and I know you are struggling at the minute. I feel that we have to do a gearshift in our heads to the one that says healthy foods are tasty, are a treat, are associated with having a good time etc. Otherwise we will feel deprived and permanently dieting.
I no longer regard a takeaway as a treat. I just see it as gross processed fat and White carbs. I see cakes, biscuits etc in the same light. I will of course have some occasionally but given a choice I will easily opt for the healthiest thing on offer and ENJOY it. I don't sit there thinking oh I wish!!!
I loved all the wrong foods for me but now love all the right foods. If I can do it, then any one can!

Hi Molly, I read your last post the other day and again, you make so much sense. I also can't stop thinking of the takeaway as you described it!! :) x

Hi Irish Molly, great job on your weightloss and maintaining. Thank you for sharing all your info an tips. I do have a few questions what is STS??? And what is TFR?

Thanks . STS is a stay the same weigh in. TFR is total food replacement. These are diets that are very low calorie and consist of shakes, soups and meal bars.

Ahhhhh okay, now it makes a lot more sense. I'm a total noob, thank you for explaining it to me :)

31/7 hi all. I had a picky week. Don't know why. It wasn't too bad in that I picked on dried fruit, nuts and apricots. I need to watch it though or the picking will steadily increase. Food otherwise was good with occasional treats. I had a carvery lunch one day, pork, stuffing, carrots and mash, but I felt so bloated for hours after. Why did I have it? we were late in and it was all that was left. I should have asked for a wrap and salad instead!! I definitely feel much better eating GL friendly foods.
Anyway, best news is a STS this week

Congrats on the STS! Looking forward to the next update!

Well done on your sts Molly. Good choices in your picking obviously! :) xx

well done Molly :) x

Well done on your STS, thanks for your reply the other day, it made a lot of sense to me!

Well done on your STS Molly, maybe a picky week for you, but at least they were good choices to pick on. I know what you mean about being careful though, even good choices can mount up and lead to gains!

1/08 Morning all. Just posting my menus for this week:

B: 500mls water + coffee with one of:
>50 g porridge oats
>Poached egg on two slices of burgen soy and linseed bread.
>40g smoked salmon on wheatfree oat bread
>148 g Mixed berries with seeds and 100 ml yoghurt

L: 500 mls water, coffee with one of:
>68 g tuna , large salad of leaves, tomato, pepper, scallion on two rye crackers seasoned with black pepper and balsamic
>50 g hummous with large salad of leaves, tomato, pepper, scallion on two homemade oat bread seasoned with black pepper and balsamic
>68g Nakd bar
> any type of chicken or ham salad wrap

D: one of these recipes in recipe thread)
>spicy mixed bean dish
>Veg stir-fry with quorn
>Quinoa,prawn and veg stir-fry
>100g Turkey and veg with 30 g couscous
> Lentil curry with mixed veg on the side
> chicken and haricot bean stew
Pudding: 100 mls any easiyo yoghurt with:
>125g blueberries
>Apple
>Pear
>Two plums
>Two kiwi
> 140g frozen mixed berries

Snacks: any two of the following
>two plums with 15 g mixed seeds
>Chopped apple
>2 Oatcakes with peanut butter or cherry toms and cream cheese
>Up to 4 nairns sweet biscuits
>carman fruit muesli bar ( note to self: cut these down!!)
>small handful dried fruit and tsp mixed seeds.

Hope to minimise snacking this week as I think it's getting a bit much. As usual, I'll allow for a few drinks and good choices if out.

Your menu for the week sounds yummy! Maybe I should start planning my meals better. I usually only plan for a day or two in advance. In the past I've planned meals, but then it usually gets thrown out the door because my guy has something planned with family or friends so dinner gets changed. Or I make too much food and we eat leftover for a couple of days >_<

Well done on your STS Molly. I know what you mean about the picking and even if it is the healthier option it still adds up! Your menus for this week look great. I too like the nairns sweet biscuits, my favourite are the dark chocolate ones but I think I will have to watch myself with them as they are lush. The ginger ones are nice also.

I still haven't found the carman bars but just got a box of the nakd bars delivered last week so they should keep me going for a while. I may nick a few of your meal ideas! Have a good week lady!! :)

Well done for STS, Molly.

I noticed that on your menu that you don't seem to have any wheat products - is that because you are wheat intolerant?

Also, I know you don't follow Rick Gallup but he does say to eat half an energy bar as a snack. Perhaps that might be a way forward?

And finally, is it ok to eat oatcakes and Nairns biscuits as I am struggling with snacks?

Looking good as always molly :)

AshieFan said:
Well done for STS, Molly.

I noticed that on your menu that you don't seem to have any wheat products - is that because you are wheat intolerant?

Also, I know you don't follow Rick Gallup but he does say to eat half an energy bar as a snack. Perhaps that might be a way forward?

And finally, is it ok to eat oatcakes and Nairns biscuits as I am struggling with snacks?

I avoid wheat as much as possible as I find it tends to make me crave more. If having wheat, per Patrick Holford, I limit it to two portions a day. So that might be a wrap or a slice of burgen bread or homemade wholemeal bread. Most wheat products are high GL so this is also why I avoid them.
Two Nairns oatcakes are ok for a snack. The nairns biscuits are a good option if you really fancy a sweet treat. I also have a Nakd bar as a snack. This also counts as a portion of fruit and is very filling.
My snacking can get out of control in the evenings!!! Danger time for me! So I need to keep that in check.
Hope you are doing well.

Gosh i wish lived in the UK and Ireland. We don't have Nairn's oatcakes here, actually I don't even know what it is, but it sounds good. We also don't have Nakd bar, what is it? I feel like I'm totally missing out here in Sweden.

Last edited:
Back