Irish Molly's GL Diary

And Me And Me!!! :eek: xx

30/10/2010 GL so bloomin rocks as a way of life!!! I really mean it. I am never hungry and so enjoy the foods I eat. I never miss all the stodgy carbs at all. Of course, I'm no saint and I do have treats and stuff that is not all that GL friendly but I keep to the old 80/20 rule.
I am busy busy busy and pretty stressed at the minute but am managing to keep on track with food. No major blowouts, no big emotional bingeing. What a change for me as it always was the six pack of crisps and the cheese and crackers. GL does away with all those cravings for me.
Best of all, I am actually a pound down this week. Would have been thrilled to have a STS but am glad to have the comfort of a few pounds fo slippage!
Hope everyone is doing well.

Can i have some of your willpower please molly?!!! :giggle: x
Genuinely, I am the pits for willpower. I put it down to the combination of foods on GL. I really believe in GL as a way of eating cos I have no cravings, no big hunger pangs. It is brilliant!!

Ok rub it in why dont you!!! :giggle:
So glad you are doing fab chick - its really nice to hear that you have found that comfort and ease with food that you still feel in control etc .... if that makes any sense whatsoever lol x

I'm really pleased for you too Molly. I'm trying to stick to that sort of plan at the mo .... we'll see if I can be as successful as you :D xx

Wow molly it sounds like you've got it sorted. I've got a low GI recipe book and the shopping and eating out book for low GI. I hope to be able to follow something similar to you when I eventually get my head round to maintenance. Well done you!!

07/11 Hi folks. Busy as a bee and really stressed but am so glad that I am not turning to comfort eating as a response to it all. I find precooking foods and planning core menus a great help in keeping me on the straight and narrow. Having the odd mini choc bar or kit kat with a cuppa in the evenings, after all we are all human. At least, I find I can stop at one, well maybe two!! Seriously, in the past I would have had a whole binge fest once I started.
Daily weighing keeps me focussed. Another week where mid week it looked like I might creep up a pound or two but have pulled it back and can report a pound down. I don't actually want to lose anymore weight so I have to find a way of keeping it hovering about the 170-180. Guess this is the hardest part of maintaining, slacking a little but not so much as to keep creeping up a few pounds every month.
Anyhow, I have a little slack in hand for the party season around the corner, so it will all balance out.
Sending positive vibes all round folks and hope you are all doing well.

Doing brilliantly as ever Molly - I'm afraid I still have the all or nothing mentality myself .... if you know the secret to losing it please share it!!!! :eek: xx

Jan, for me, it has had to become a way of life as I have a bad back and cant exercise much soo watching my intake is the only way to maintain my losses.
I really keep away from all the carb laden, sugar laden stuff and do not miss them. I had to get my head around the fact that this is not a diet bt a lifestyle. I think I know Patrick Holfords book by heart , lol! For me a GL lifestyle suits me fine. I am becoming more and me a veggie. I rarely have meat. Beans,pulses and some fish with loads of fresh veg are my staple. I have about four slices of bread in the week, this is because I make fresh bread for OH and just have a slice for a treat.
You do so well at maintaining, I have tried to follow your advice about balance and having treats etc. We will keep battling.

Isn't it funny the impressions we have of each other. I see you as being the most in control and having the best handle on maintaining - more and moreso as time goes on. I understand the GL way and think it's the way to go - but I can't seem to keep to it, can't seem to keep to anything!!

As you can tell I seem to have a real downer on myself at the moment - put it down to the cold. I rarely get sick and hate it when I do!!! :) xx

Jan, for sure, we all have different impressions of people compared to what they feel about themselves.
I hope you are feeling a little better. You seem to have a tough week this week. We all get those and it's o.k. to wallow a little sometimes. cuddles to you and hope things look brighter.

13/11 Hi everyone. Another very, very hectic week. I knew it was going to be hectic so made sure to have a few portions of lentil curry and spicy bean casserole in the fridge. That way, though I had to do OH's dinner in the evenings, mine was already made up so this kept me on the straight and narrow. A couple of days, I did not even find time to keep up my water intake and found this really made me feel peckish. I had the odd treat like a cuppa and a couple of kitkats in the evening or a few hot whiskies for my cold(any excuse) and a couple of G&Ts.
I am down a pound for the week which is great. It's another one in the bank for some Xmas cheer!!!!
Hope everyone has a good week. Remember GL is for life not for diet. It will be your best friend ever!!

lol!! The hot whiskies are the only part of a cold I enjoy.

Well done on your lb Molly :D ... with extras too - that's excellent :) xx

Hi - well done Molly that's brilliant! Next weekend I shall try your trick and cook a couple of emergency dinners for those days you get in from work unable to think or create anything useful.....happens to me most evenings! My family call those dinners 'Blue Peters' ....ie one I prepared earlier....

"Blue Peters" !!!! I just love that one. From now on I will call my precooked dinner just that!! For me the "blue peters" really help keep me in check!!

20/11 Hi all and hope you are doing well. I have had a week of eating out a lot together with way too much snacking. I have paid the price for it by a small gain. Just a pound and my first gain in a very long time. However, it does remind me that once I overeat for any length of time then I will push the scales up. I will need a better behaved week to at least keep a STS. I'm happy once I can hover between 170 /180.
Good luck all for a good week.

Hi Molly - I guess you have to push the boundaries a little, to see what you can get away with! Seems like you have it pretty much under control...

Kate

A pound seems like nothing after what you say you've had ... well done!!! xxx

Back