Irulan's Diary

Drinking with food or directly before eating will dilute the acids that are vital for the breakdown of the food

So if it breaks down the vitals what does that mean happens to your body? Stores more fat or ? and How Long Should You Not Drink For Before and After You Eat!

I completely agree with you, people just want to make money out of those of us who want to be healthy

So if it breaks down the vitals what does that mean happens to your body? Stores more fat or ? and How Long Should You Not Drink For Before and After You Eat!
I wouldn't drink for 20 minutes before eating if possible. If it's not breaking down properly then the nutrients aren't getting to where they should be going and it would just be empty calories

To wrap up my day.

I lunched again with a wholegrain sandwich with mustard, a little ketchup, margerine, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, gherkin and 3 self cut slices of cathedral extra mature. I have half a pack of blue berries and an apple with it.
Around 3-ish I got hungry and ate my other sandwich. Same topping only tartex instead of cheese.
For dinner we had adzuki bean dal and a mixed vegetable stew with 4 chapati's. I had a 20 minute evening workout. Just now at 10pm I was hungry again so I ate a slice of ryebread with philidephia spread and some dill.

I think I am full up now.

I had a massive craving for crisps right after dinner. I was lounging on the sofa watching Dr. Phil :) and I couldn't stop thinking about crisps. I actually got up like I always do to search for things.
I realised I was very cold, not hungry so I got back to the sofa, covered myself with a comfy blanket and waited 20 minutes if I would still crave the crisps. I didn't.

Another junk food victory for me!

:clap::clap::clap::clap:
Your Doing Great Hun :D:D
You Just Gota Keep Tryng And Keep Motivated.
Even Know I Find It Sooooooo Hard!
But I Just Think..
If I Eat Something Bad, I Have To Work Off Extra Hard To Get It Off..
And The Workout I Do Now Tires Me Enough Let Alone Doing More To Work Off The Naughty Food I Ate :sigh:

Hi there
Just wanted to say good luck with your journey. You have a good attitude to start. And well done resisting the crisps. I am calorie counting, but also doing a cognitive behaviour therapy programme which is called the Beck Diet solution, and basically she gives you a task every day that you work on, like for instance, not eating standing up!! (you wouldnt believe how much you do eat standing up!!) but the reason Im saying this is not to sell the book (lol), she talks about cravings, which are a huge problem for me, being an emotional eater, and she says the more you resist a craving the more you are strengthening your "resistance muscle" and the more you will be able to resist junk or cravings, so you did that last night with the crisps.
Anyway, will keep up with your journey, you can do it.
xxx

Yesterday,

For morning and lunch I had half a baquette with my usual topping (tomato, lettuce, cucumber, ketchup, mustard, cheese)

I had one for lunch and I had one for breakfast.

For dinner I had the same thing but as a sandwich with some patra and a puran puri.

Overal I have not been really hungry all day. I started listening to that Paul McKenna cd. Perhaps that's working. I had no cravings at all yesterday, not even when I went to the supermarket.

That usually is a MAJOR problem for me. I was very thirsty when I went shopping at it had been over 5 hours since I last ate. I got a lot of diet soda's but didn't even think about cookies or crisps. Well I did think about them later, but only because I did not think about it in the store.

No exercise yesterday. My mother in law is here and I am not ready to let anyone else but my husband see me work up a sweat.

I feel good today.

:D Are You Weighing Yourself Weekly?
Have You Measured Your Inches.
I Always Find That Good, i Personally Cant See Any Weight Lost.
But When I Measured Byself It Shows That I Have :D Not Alot. But Its Always Good :D
Ooooooo and have you got a before photo? I Have one... but no way sticking it up until i lose alot more and can put up a photo to show the difference

'Before' pictures are great, I have some in my profile but I probably wouldn't have made them public when I was still that size!

Looks like you are doing well Irulan

Wow Taz, I Just Looked At Your Pics!! And You Looked Beautiful In Your Wedding Dress!!! Well Done :D:D
Yeah I Dont Think I Will Reveal Myself Til Xmas

Thanks. Before you are ready to reveal the befores they are great to use as personal motivation so keep them handy. I still carry a selection of my before pics with me in my work jacket so if I get bored and feel like being naughty I look at them and remember why I am doing it!

I am planning on weighing myself tomorrow morning. I still need to buy a measuring tape, so that will be next week until I have hopefully some results.

I have always avoided being photographed. I have 1 picture from October 2007, my wedding puctures. I so hate the way I look on those and according to my husband I am even heavier now.

I kind of never notice how big I really am. Had a discussion with my dearest about that the other day. I think I have a distorted body image. Just like those annorexian girls only the other way around. I don't really see myself as fat as I really am. Only when I look at pictures of myself, knowing that's me, I realise just how bad it is.

Odd right?

No not odd at all. I look back at my pictures and think, well I knew I was overweight but how could I not know it was that bad? I don't actually feel like I am any smaller now even though I know I am!

I know what you mean, when i look at myself in the mirror i dont think im that fat or anything.. but then when you look at photos if likes OH GOSH!

Back