Irulan's Diary

Sometimes You Can Do Little Excerises.. Like Star Jumps.. Or Anything To Get The Body Moving.. I First Started Off My Listening To Music In My Room And Just Dancing Around.. Id Sweat A Little.. And Id Do More By More.. Now Its So Much Easier :D

:cry:Starjumps? I am not sure what I'll break or tear, but it will be something. I'm happy to make it up the stairs at night.

:cry:Starjumps? I am not sure what I'll break or tear, but it will be something. I'm happy to make it up the stairs at night.

LOL - I hate doing star jumps - my boobs go one way and my arse goes another and I feel like my skin is stretching to breaking point!

It's just a shame that the one exercise that is kind to one's joints in the one you have to parade practically naked to do...I mean swimming of course in case there were any naughty minds at work! :p I'd love to go swimming but the thought of baring my lumpy bum and bingo wings at the poor unsuspecting public makes me cringe. :eek:

How's the eating going today Irulan?

Pigeonia,
The one place where I dont mind being near naked is the swimming pool cause it is gaurenteed that there will always be someone who looks "worse" than you!!!
If you enjoy swimming, go for it. Stuff everyone else, they dont know you, and wont know you so dont worry.
Hope your day is going well.
xx

Yeah, When I Lose abit more weight. I think im might try and get my mum or a friend to come aqua jogging with me :D But at the moment.. i will stick to excerise around home etc.
BUT i was proud with myself. Last night did 2 km on treadmil and 6km walk with my friend :D:D

Irulan, Do you have any friends around your area who you can support eachother by going walking or anything?

Hi all, I've had the worse backache yesterday...

Food wise an odd day. I had some porridge in the morning and then nothing until diner, I just wasn't hungry. I had the rest of my stirfry I made yesterday. Then after diner I was hungry but full. Very odd. I did my exercise and at 10.30 I decided to eat a sandwich anyway.

Lost weight again so I am still doing good. I started taking multivitamins and fibre tablets to make sure.

I used to love swimming when I was slimmer. I know it's good for me and I know I can do it for at least an hour. I just can't do it. I can't put on a bathing suit and go there. I hear you when you say that there is always someone worse then you, but I know I am the worse one that makes everyone else feel better.

I don't have any friends or such around to do things with. I don't really need those at the moment anyway. My husband has been my rock. He makes me do my exercise and keeps me in line.

Can't wait until Sunday, I am dying to know how much I've lost totally in kilograms and centimetres.

Wold your husband go swimming with you? It is a real catch 22 isn't it?! Don't want to go swimming cus you feel conscious about your size but swimming would help you lose weight! We've all been there x

Only you can decide that. I hope you feel confident enough to get in the pool sometime soon

Much appreciated Taz :)

Yesterday was a hard day for me. The paprika crisps my co-workers ate smelled divine and my sandwiches were just soggy and not very tasty. I had porridge in the morning, a sandwich around 12, another one around 3 and beans and cheese on toast for dinner. Overall I've been peckish all day.
I don't think I did the eat when you are hungry and truly enjoy it very well. I was looking at internet pages over lunch and at 3 I was also answering emails. I had my dinner alone and just couldn't focus. The beans were slightly too hot and I rather shoved it in to prevent my mouth from burning. I should have let them cool down.

It's 9am now and I am starving while usually I don't get hungry before 10. I need to focus again!

You don't seem to be eating a lot. It is possible you aren't eating enough. You shouldn't be getting hungry or it will have an adverse effect on your weight

I am sure I am not eating enough at the moment, but I want to teach my body to be 'normal' again. I've been either dieting or overeating all my life so it needs to learn to ask for things. I eat when I feel hungry at that was going fine for the last 2 weeks. I've been slipping yesterday and the day before it was so so.

I am sure after a while my metabolism will understand the new regime and know it will get food whenever it needs it. I am sure my body has been in starvation mode for so long during diets that it does that naturally.

I mean this in the kindest possible way, as someone who has struggled like you for many years, but I fear you are setting yourself up for a fall by not eating enough. You will, most likely, trigger a binge by denying yourself so much.

I would suggest you graze a bit more; just have a few nuts or some fruit or even a bar of chocolate if you want it. Let's face it, you and I did not get to be overweight by eating normal calories. I know for a fact that I averaged a good 3500 cals per day, maybe more. That means that by reducing that to even 2500 I will lose weight. You CAN eat more than you are doing and still lose weight. As long as you are eating less than you used to, you will lose weight. Gradually, as your body gets used to lower calories and your stomach shrinks then you will find your calories dropping naturally.

Again, please know I am saying this to you from the heart and not in a 'wagging finger' kind of way because I really, really know how bloody hard this is! I am doing this myself and it might shock some to know that I eat chocolate every day and am having chips for tea tonight. I'm still losing weight because I used to eat those things AND a fat load of other stuff on top.

But I have been eating more graduatly. I just eat when my body asks for it. It's quit weird for me to do, as I always thought that hunger was a good thing. I'd go through the day starving and not feeling very well.

Weighed myself today, lost 8.4 kilograms in 2 weeks now. I think I am doing great. Had cheeseless pizza yesterday and it tasted wonderfull.

You've lost so much in 2 weeks. I only lost 7 kgs in a month!! Im know i can do better, so im going to push myself that extra bit harder! Are you feeling better about yourself? Have you noticed it yourself?
I personally cant notice it on myself yet.

Back