Is anyone else a SERIAL weigher?

I'm an excellent example as to why we shouldn't weigh ourselves everyday...yesterday morning I was 9.10 and a half....this morning I was 10stone!! I've not had a mad binge or anything so I know it cannnot possibly be proper weight gain but it's still mighty annoying and I seriously hope it has vanished back to where it came from by weigh in on Tuesday!!

really need to throw my scales out! weighed myself this morning abduction im the same as i was last week :( weigh in tomorrow and il be gutted if i stay the same especially after i went for my 1st run and been to the gym four times!

hollys nan said:
mrs big b I am exactly the same! I am also at target never weighed myself whilst losing, but now I struggle to keep within the target band. I keep bobbing under, so I need to know so that I can eat a little more before weigh in. I weigh in every week as I am on the social team. Maintaining is harder than others think really. I also dont want to go back to where I was, its been hard work!

Yes I'm struggling too I'm currently 2 under range and had to pay last week . I thought I might as well go to wi and show what I'd lost as I might get some support but nothing really so this week I'm considering adding weight to myself if I haven't gained which I don't think I have . Don't really want to lower my target as I'm already quite low for my height .

Hi, my name is suzy and I'm a scalesaholic! I weigh myself several times a day - every morning (sometimes three or four times in a row if I don't like what they say in the vain hope that the reading might go down!) and at least once at night and sometimes in between too. I can't help myself....it's an addiction! :eek:

suzyflo said:
Hi, my name is suzy and I'm a scalesaholic! I weigh myself several times a day - every morning (sometimes three or four times in a row if I don't like what they say in the vain hope that the reading might go down!) and at least once at night and sometimes in between too. I can't help myself....it's an addiction! :eek:

Lol, I hop on and off as well

Last edited:
I haven't been on the scales since weigh in on weds night-been 95% on plan + loads of exercise....I know I'm gonna peak on the scales at work tonight (even tho they're not accurate it's just nice to see the needle move) gonne be gutted if I've put on :(

Aggghhhhh.... I have just made the mistake of having a sneaky weigh in too.... and I am a STS and I weigh in on Thurs. Worst of all I was so miffed as I have been really good since last Thurs (only went a few syns over yesterday) that I ate loads of rubbish this afternoon in a sulk and have now gone 25 syns over today! Grrrrr.... Now my chances of getting a loss this week are 0!! So annoyed. Wish I hadn't looked at the scales! Is there any way of pulling out a loss after today??? Am never having a SWI again!

suzyflo said:

Me too!! *slaps wrist*

At least I'm braced for the fact that to 2.5lbs I wanted to disintegrate by tomorrow haven't *lol* x

I weigh myself all the time. I find it helps to motivate me as when you seeing the weight drop of on a daily basis it makes you want to continue.

I am definitely addicted to my scales, to the point where they are actually in the doorway of my bathroom so I jump on every time I go in, apart from when I trip over the, in the middle of the night lol.

I like to know how I'm tracking that week and the way I see it at least I'm prepared at the WI. Having said that, the behaviour that worries me that I tend to display sometimes is the "bargaining".... For example "if the scales say I've lost this much, I will reward myself with a glass of wine". Cue a three day binge, a missed WI and a severe black cloud over my head. This is the bit I need to cut out :(

-2lb which I have no idea how that happened but I'm not going to complain :D x

This sounds like me, im glad im not alone. sometimes i really have to force myself not to stand on them if i get up for the loo, mainly because its a pain having to strip off my pjs lol

I weigh myself every morning as soon as I've finished in the bathroom. It does motivate me to be good the rest of the day if the result is going in the right direction, if I have weight on then I have to talk to my little greedy diet buster that sits on my shoulder and tell them to bog off as it's not gonna stop me getting lighter. :p

I need to hide my scales, I weigh myself nearly evey time i go for a wee! Which is a lot as i drink LOTS of water!

Back