Is anyone else a SERIAL weigher?

Woohoo that's amaze! Have a fab time (as fab as you can given that it's work related lol )

Thanks lovely lady! It's going to be a flying visit and totally exhausting, but I'm looking forward to it. And it keeps me away from the temptation of scales! Now if I can just stay away from the temptation of free booze in the airport lounge and South African wine when we're there, then I'll be absolutely fine! lol.

It's official, I HATE my scales. I weigh in on Monday evenings at group, got on the scales earlier in the week and had lost 2lb. Put that back on over the week then weighed myself last night and had put on another 5lb! Back down this morning and I think it's a stay the same for me tonight. I've been so good though! Someone please hide my scales!

It's official, I HATE my scales. I weigh in on Monday evenings at group, got on the scales earlier in the week and had lost 2lb. Put that back on over the week then weighed myself last night and had put on another 5lb! Back down this morning and I think it's a stay the same for me tonight. I've been so good though! Someone please hide my scales!

The ones at Slimming World are really accurate, they've been designed that way... but the home scales if you get a really expensive brand it won't be so accurat, i found with my WeightWatchers Scales if i weigh myself in the bathroom, i lost weight but if i weigh myself in my room on the carpet i've gained by 8lbs. So it also depends on where you weigh yourself aswell. Just do what I do: Stay on plan 100% during the week and go to group and weigh there!

The ones at Slimming World are really accurate, they've been designed that way... but the home scales if you get a really expensive brand it won't be so accurat, i found with my WeightWatchers Scales if i weigh myself in the bathroom, i lost weight but if i weigh myself in my room on the carpet i've gained by 8lbs. So it also depends on where you weigh yourself aswell. Just do what I do: Stay on plan 100% during the week and go to group and weigh there!

We know that's what we should do lol - but we are all hopeless addicts.............:eek:

i need to crack this habit. i was terrified to get rid of the scales because when my last ones broke i put on 3 stone by the time i bought new ones :cry:but i wasn't going to SW then. i can and should stop it now, once a week is enough. otherwise i see 'ooh, i'm 2lb down, i can eat X' or 'i'm 2lb up, feck it, i'm eating X' which is stupid. so after weigh in tomorrow i think i'll put them away and try and last the week. i'll be more on plan in theory.

I lost half a pound in the end, just shows what rubbish my scales talk lol. I'm going cold turkey this week!

I have to say I read this thread with a smile on my face as I can really relate to it. I got on my new(ish) digital scales sat night & it was showing I'd put on 2.5 lbs from Friday morning. Ok I know you weigh heavier in the evening but even knowing this it left me really down, which i cant seem to shake off. This weather isn't exactly inspiring me to eat salads/cold food & I'm getting fed up with omelettes.

I've made a conscious effort not to step on them again mid week & just see what happens Friday. Fingers crossed I haven't really put on 2.5 lbs or I really will feel like throwing in the towel! I've lost 11.5 lbs so far but have another 4 stones to go. :(

I put my scales in the airing cupboard this morning so that I don't keep getting on them!! I was really good for the first couple of weeks and ignored them completely, then got on them once just to see how I was doing and before I knew it I was getting on them every time I went into the bathroom!! Hopefully out of sight is out of mind. Friday will be the big test - weigh in is Saturday morning..!

LuliJ said:
I put my scales in the airing cupboard this morning so that I don't keep getting on them!! I was really good for the first couple of weeks and ignored them completely, then got on them once just to see how I was doing and before I knew it I was getting on them every time I went into the bathroom!! Hopefully out of sight is out of mind. Friday will be the big test - weigh in is Saturday morning..!

I was the same, my first week I didn't go near them until it was time to 'weigh in' (I do sw at home) then the second week i started having sneaky peeks....now I'm a scale fiend!

Hi all well my first official weigh in (I do Sw at home) and I have lost 7lb! So happy especially as I had a few bad days. Tho ive no doubt I'll be checking the scales everyday again until next Tuesday!x

mumblesmolly said:
Newby here!
I weigh myself every day, sometimes 2 or 3 times. Not a good habit right...?!
:ashamed0005:

Noooo. Not a god habit, in my opinion anyway. Your weight can vary so much even within a day. Its great if you've lost, but then do you think "oh well I'll have another biscuit "(or whatever) & not count it ? However, if you've put on and are feeling a bit down anyway it'll make you feel worse! Who know what you'll reach for then...... for me it would be chocolate or biscuits!

As you read on here, some get on fine weighing in between 'official' weigh ins but having done that this week I know I'm not going to do again! Whatever works for you I say but def not 2-3 times a day.

Good luck with your weight loss. :) x

As you know I'm one of the weighing daily camp, however, this week I'm away from home with no scales. I'm feeling withdrawal symptoms :eek:. Tomorrow I'm visiting a local Sw to get weighed but wi is in the evening and I usually get weighed at 10.30 in the morning! It'll be interesting to see what I weigh but I do feel whatever it is it won't be accurate. I know I can weigh about 4 lb heavier in an evening than a morning! I have therefore come to the conclusion I'd better stop eating and drinking at about 1 am ;).

What do other folk do on wi day?
Xx

jane123 said:
As you know I'm one of the weighing daily camp, however, this week I'm away from home with no scales. I'm feeling withdrawal symptoms :eek:. Tomorrow I'm visiting a local Sw to get weighed but wi is in the evening and I usually get weighed at 10.30 in the morning! It'll be interesting to see what I weigh but I do feel whatever it is it won't be accurate. I know I can weigh about 4 lb heavier in an evening than a morning! I have therefore come to the conclusion I'd better stop eating and drinking at about 1 am ;).

What do other folk do on wi day?
Xx

Good luck tomorrow. As I said above, whatever works or you. :)

I weighed myself in the evening Sat & was up 2.5 lbs from Friday morning. Scared the life out of me & I've been 'down' ever since! I so want to lose 2.5 lbs this week for my stone so am trying really hard.

I'm lucky too as I weigh in @ 10.30 am so don't have anything to eat ( or drink) before I go. Breakfast is usually a hi light bar & piece of fruit at class. Last week I had a small banana but in class the stand in consultant went on to sort of criticise them! I felt pretty bad actually!

The class I used to go to was at 7pm, which was a nightmare. Everyone tried not to eat or drink all day, and then everyone was desperately scoffing down the hi-fi bars and bananas as soon as they'd gotten weighed! Morning classes definitely seem the best option but if you go out to work then it's usually not possible to get to one...
Bobbi, what was the consultant being critical of? Surely not the fact that you were eating a banana...?!

I keep meaning to buy some new scales, but this thread has made me too scared to!

Back