Is anyone else a SERIAL weigher?

Just checked my scale and I'm down 2lbs over the last few days, which means technically I've reached my club 10 but I'm not going to say I've actually got it until I get that lovely sticker for my book!!

The C at the class I used to go to told us to be careful with bananas and just have the fun size ones. She also said not to eat a whole punnet of strawberries. I ignored her because I used to eat loads of bananas and if the alternative was a choccy biscuit surely I was making a better choice!

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
I weigh every morning. It doesnt usually bother me if its a gain cause i usually know why. I like getting a loss like everyone else. Today though they had me gain 2 lb and i danced for several hours Thursday night and played a 18 hole short course of golf for the first time yesterday. I am 2 lb above target at the moment when I weighed at club on wednesday night. This was because I have been away on holiday and my scales said I gained 6lb. Which I have worked hard at loosing so to see a gain is not what i wanted. I know I will be ok before I weigh in again. Just cant help myself x

I'm still weighing daily and in kilos,today I weighed in at 84.1 which makes me officially overweight :) got to wait till Wednesday to have it confirmed though-I'm hoping il be down another kg by then just to make sure but the choccy digestives are shouting me x

After a week and a half of being REALLY good and not going anywhere near my scales at home, i relented this morning and got them out before going to weigh in to see how i'd do. according to them i'd lost 1lb but i only lost 0.5lb (for the 3rd week running!!) so i was dead disappointed.

serves me right for getting the scales out! they're safely back in the airing cupboard now (not sure for how long though...!)

I was really bad when on my first time at SW I was constantly checking the scales, the first sign of a bad fluctuation and I would punish myself, I know now that it's just the body balancing itself out.

I have decided that this time round even though weight is a factor it's more how I feel in myself and my clothing rather than the numbers on the scales, obviously it's a big part but I have been very good this week an not peeked so I think that I have my head in the right place so I don't obsess over it

Lulu xxx

Well I am still guilty of doing it every morning and every night!

My scales at the moment seem to be the same as the SW ones but I never assume anything until I get on the official ones, although I usually have a little inkling lol x

I'm still doing it every morning! Totally addicted...

Quite happy with them this morning. If they carry on like this I'll be a happy girl on Tuesday :)

Scales show I'm 6lb up this morning after 2 weeks on and off plan. I'm sure its not all true weight gain after yesterday but still shows how easy it is to gain. I weigh every morning so have seen scales going up and down like crazy recently.Back on it 100% today got 1 week to get back down to target range. Encouragement and butt kicking appreciated.

Welcome back Lau! I had nearly 2 weeks off plan a little while ago as I was away working and got back showing a 6lb gain. After a week though it had dropped back off again so fingers crossed it will for you too :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks really need to keep on track 2 1/2 weeks til my wedding dress fitting so can't afford to keep letting it slip x hope u r doing well

Although I am a serial weigher if I have been a bad girl then I do manage to avoid them - like this weekend for instance!

I will force myself to survey the damage before my official WI tomorrow, but after my fish and chips on saturday and my decidedly NON SW friendly BBQ yesterday I have pretended they aren't there every time I go into the bathroom lol. Oh, and I still have a huge bowl of eton mess in my fridge - waaaaaaa :confused:

I adore sunny weekends but they do make it easier to fall off the wagon! I managed to resist the cider/wine etc., and only drank water with lemon in the pub all afternoon but then succumbed to a 99 with a flake in between pubs (we were chasing the last of the sunshine down the river!). Only ordered salads while everyone else had enormous cheeseburgers and baked Camembert so am hoping I won't pay for it at WI tomorrow. Scales this morning show STS from yesterday so there's still hope for the 10s tomorrow... Argh! I so want to be in the 10s!! xx

I adore sunny weekends but they do make it easier to fall off the wagon! I managed to resist the cider/wine etc., and only drank water with lemon in the pub all afternoon but then succumbed to a 99 with a flake in between pubs (we were chasing the last of the sunshine down the river!). Only ordered salads while everyone else had enormous cheeseburgers and baked Camembert so am hoping I won't pay for it at WI tomorrow. Scales this morning show STS from yesterday so there's still hope for the 10s tomorrow... Argh! I so want to be in the 10s!! xx

Oh I hope you get it! - you were very good - there's no way I could avoid the baked camembert!

I'm going cold turkey!
My bin looks like this,this morning and hubby's got the battery to the good set!!

Attachments

• image-3787360565.jpg
    image-3787360565.jpg
    423.5 KB · Views: 58
Wow, Emma, that's brave! I asked OH to take mine away this morning as I'm driving myself crazy getting on and off them! I'm so gutted I STS this week - I so desperately wanted the 10s but the damn scales won't let me have them! Really wishing I hadn't gone to South Africa or this flippin' conference because it was all going absolutely perfectly until then! Grrrrr

Back