Is anyone else a SERIAL weigher?

I weigh myself all the time. I do it at different times of day, before and after meals, in different clothes, but my scales bear no resemblance to what the SW scales tell me!

Ive not been very good this summer Hols, having 6 weeks off isn't good for dieting!!!

I think my scales love to tease me - after a week of apparently not moving, and not moving even 5 mins before leaving for group I am somehow 2lbs down at group lol

I stayed the same this week at weigh in, feeling like I'd sort of lost my way, and thinking maybe all my low calorie stuff had starved my body i elected to have a non SW meal for a one off. I got a 300g ham and pineapple pizza, made SW chips with salad and lighter than light mayo, sat down and scoffed the lot, absolutely stuffed. Then I ate some soft cheese with almonds and pineapple bits in it, not a lot, like 40 grams ish, and drank a can of diet coke.

Checked my scales this morning and had lost 2.5 lbs despite that meal, body why do you do this to me!?

Not a huge fan of my scales this week. They've stopped throwing totally random numbers at me, but it looks like I'm on to STS this week. I'll be a bit disappointed if I do, but I've been using more syns than usual (10-12 instead of 6-8) plus I think it might be a delayed reaction from my 2 days of silly starvation when OH and I fell out last week followed by a few naughty bits at Center Parcs last weekend.

I'm trying not to give myself a hard time today, though, because I'm wearing an outfit which is all size 12 and even the ring I've got on is a bit too big and will need to resized!

Mine are the same today after a dinner out last night and about 1lb down on weigh in. Hoping to drop another pound or so before WI but I'm not holding my breath :/

gazter said:
Kg? I have a slide rule somewhere, for those of us born before 1980....
(kg to pounds is easy peasy, just multiply by 2.2)

Shhhhhhh.....my ignorance is bliss! Plus I'm still trying to convince my consultant that it's not weighing in as it's not in stones and lbs so I can't compare it to Saturday WI. :D

natti_a said:
Shhhhhhh.....my ignorance is bliss! Plus I'm still trying to convince my consultant that it's not weighing in as it's not in stones and lbs so I can't compare it to Saturday WI. :D

I also weigh in kg's at home then go on my iPhone converter,minus 1lb 5oz that they weigh different and then another 1lb that I usually lose from doing an exercise class straight before...don't know y I don't just weigh in st's in the 1st place lol x

I've read this thread many a time with interest and sometimes amusement but never been brave enough to join until now. My name is ScarlettStar and I'm a scalesaholic!
I weigh every day,so much so that I understand the pattern my body follows but not enough to predict my weigh in midweek yet. Official group weigh in is on a monday and my lightest day is Wednesday or Thursday usually. Yesterday though I had an undeserved shock on the scales and threw a wobbly! Last official weigh in I was 12st4 1/2, Thursday I was down to 12st1. Got in from work last night, jumped on the scales- 12st10! I actually cried! Went to zumba spontaneously and much happier this morning. 12st2 :) who says weighing in the week is bad for you- got my bum out the door to do some exercise!

My scales are hilarious, i have very old, uneven stripped floorboards in the bathroom and they weigh different where ever I put them. It's like I'm doing the Time Warp when I weight myself until I get a satisfactory outcome! "it's just a jump to the left. Then a step to the riiiiiiiiight!".
Today the difference between a nudge left and a nudge right was a whole 6lb....
If I weigh on the carpet I weight 4 stone lighter B-)

Think I'm destined for a STS this week as my scales are just not moving. I've been fairly liberal with the plan though so I can't really complain!

im usually a scaleaholic! but im going cold turkey this week lol. weigh in is Tues an i HAVENT weighed since class! :woohoo:

I need to break the habit of weigh myself everyday I'm so tempted to actually give my scales away I'm struggling like mad I really want to see my weight going down but obviously with water and fluctuations daily it's bound to change I know this and yet I still get peeved off when I see it going up! It can spoil my whole day and lead me into a binge naughty binge at that :)

I started this thread and love some of the replies here. I have come to the conclusion that I am a serial weigher and will continue to be one. Ok, I know that its the ones at group that are official but the ones in my bathroom definitely keep me under control! I only weigh in the mornings at the moment and in all fairness if I have a bad day I am keeping off them until I feel I have put right some of the damage.

I gave my original scales to a friend who refused to give them back, but I gave in and had to go and get some more lol.

Ok, so my scales hate me today. 1kg on since saturday. Grrrrr...

It's just part of my morning routine too, Liz. It's never more than once a day, but it's like brushing my teeth, it's just something I do first thing!

Annoyingly I'm looking at STS this week, which I'm annoyed at myself about. Too many glasses of wine at the weekend while relaxing with the OH. I thought the hours and hours of housework and gardening might have cancelled most of it out, but apparently not enough for even a little loss :(

Back