Is anyone else a SERIAL weigher?

Does anyone else balance their weight on the scales to show up your goal weight and imagine how wonderful it will be when that number shows up for real? Or am I the only weirdo!? Haha

Ha ha you are not the only weirdo, I do this too, balancing my weight on the edge of the sink!

My name is Sheanin and I am a serial weigher.

In fact, I am so bad that I went and invested in a good pair of digital scales last night as my mechanical ones just weren't giving it to me clearly enough. I need cold hard figures right in my face lol.

I checked my weight this morning ahead of my first weigh in tomorrow and while I got a very nice shock, I'm pretty sure it was ALL fluid that came off.

My shiny new scales will probably decide to revolt against me in a few weeks when my body gets used to everything...and that's when I'll start treating it like a magic 8 ball. 7am - 'What about now?'
12pm - 'What about now?'
4pm - 'Have you changed your mind yet? No? I'll check again before bed when you've come to your senses, because Scales, you are clearly not of sound mind.'

Hi again fellow addicts. I weighed myself this morning and was totally and utterly surprised and amazed, not to mention pleased, that I weighed 14st13. Finally broke the bracket!

But had a doctors appointment an hour later and he weighed me at 15st2. Gutted! I'm going to assume his scales are wrong not mine!

I've found myself doing this a little bit over the past couple of weeks but I think I'm going to try to stop... I would find it a little too disheartening if my weight was fluctuating from day to day all the time!

ceebeee said:
Hi again fellow addicts. I weighed myself this morning and was totally and utterly surprised and amazed, not to mention pleased, that I weighed 14st13. Finally broke the bracket!

But had a doctors appointment an hour later and he weighed me at 15st2. Gutted! I'm going to assume his scales are wrong not mine!

His scales are probably calibrated differently to yours, it would be not unexpected to weigh 10 times on 10 different scales and have 10 different results!

I'm terrible for weighing each morning, though I always do it at the same time of day. I bought some really good scales to make sure the reading were consistent and accurate. I wish I could just forget between weigh ins though!

Those who sneaky peek the day before weigh in.........what do the scales usually say? I did this before breakfast and it says I'm the same I was at last weeks weigh in :( is it possible it'll drop by at least 1lb tomorrow?;

Knew I shouldn't have looked!! Aarrrgghh x

lisa2 said:
Those who sneaky peek the day before weigh in.........what do the scales usually say? I did this before breakfast and it says I'm the same I was at last weeks weigh in :( is it possible it'll drop by at least 1lb tomorrow?;

Knew I shouldn't have looked!! Aarrrgghh x

Your scales are prob diff from the official ones! It goes happen.

stivesliz said:
I am 2 up on yesterday's WI BUT I had a very very late dinner x

I so hope this is what happened to me this morning, I was 8.9 yesterday, eat some of my tea super early for me (5.15) whilst little Alfie was having his, put him to bed and at 8.30 when my tummy was rumbling I suddenly remembered my tea was still in the oven, I eat it of course and this morning? 8.13 :-(

ive resisted the scales since weighing(tues),. still doing well!!

I am a serial weigher! Been really on and off plan for 2 months now! Back properly this week and my scales have packed in! Not sure whether to run out and get some quick or stick to plan for a few weeks without weighing?

Def happens - my scales are about 1.5lbs off the group ones so when I weigh at home its just to give me a rough idea, I use the group ones as my official weight. My home ones always show 1.5lbs less so they're kinder to me!

Naughty again too...home scales said 10st 12 (only just, hovered in the 11lbs range first!) first thing this morning so I'm down a pound since Wednesday morning. Really hoping it stays like this, need 1.5lbs off by next Thurs for my half stone award!

Don't worry Jenna - look at losing 1.5lbs versus what you've already lost - it'll be nothing to you! Also, don't want to be gross with tmi but watch what time of month it is as you always gain fluid running up to *that* time - I gain loads!

My scales at home are showing me at 14stone 2lbs! :) They weigh less than groups anyway but still nice to see hopefully I can keep it up to weigh day and then some. I really want to win this illusive SOTW prize sometime lol

Back