Is anyone else a SERIAL weigher?

I used to be a serial weigher, up to 10 times per day! :rolleyes:Until 2 weeks ago when I banished my scales to the wardrobe, and I've lost 6lbs in the last 2 weeks! :)
I feel fantastic, and it's the best thing I've ever done!! Xx

Omg this is me to a tee! Ive been known to weigh myself at least 3/4 times .... So far I've weighed myself on Monday and I'm not going to weigh again till Monday! Think I need to get hubby to hide the scales lol

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I keep doing this. But i am training myself to stop. I lost 5lb in the 1st week and then yesterday i looked and had gained, because of this i have decided to stay away from the scales until it is that time of the week, i dont want to end up snacking on rubbish. fingers crossed it works!!

Weighing defo works for me! Didn't weigh for a week and put on 3lb! Keeps me on the straight and narrow!

I have just done this and I hate it leaves you despondent I've just weighed and STS no change :( I know it's only 4 days but thought mmmm yummy a looking flatter dig the scales out !

now trying to stay focussed and fingers crossed I get a loss this week after first week back on track

Does anyone's weight go up down by 2lbs daily ??? It drives me mad I get on yesterday and i'm 157lbs today 159lbs and so on, I just don't get it :(. I know you say weigh once a week but what if on that one day i'm up it wouldn't give me a true picture

I weigh every day and this morning it was up 1.5lbs - but it's happened before and no doubt it will happen again so I don't panic about it now. I think if you look at your losses over a 4 week period and it is down then that's good enough. So many factors can affect it day to day.

Last edited:
Hi, my name's Jenny and I'm a serial weigher!
Weighed most mornings this week and expecting to STS tomorrow when I weigh in. Although I did cut nails and pluck eyebrows today to try and loose some weight HA!

Oh I'll have to try that! Official WI tonight but was the same as yesterday morning! So fingers crossed if not my 5 1/2 st award I'll get 3lbs off!

I'm Ian and I'm a recovering serial weigher.

Two years ago I was checking my weight after every visit to the smallest room. Weekly weigh ins and the sheer madness of how you can have good loses on weeks when you were *bad* and have gains when you were good as gold taught me to leave that trauma to weigh-in session.

My scales gathers dust in the bathroom. Forlorn and only used by occasional visitors who do not understand the need for calibration of weigher and scales.

I wonder if I can get a grant to sell Mylar Helium balloons outside of SW & WW meetings. Given how much shoe and Jewellery removal goes on I expect that a living could be made.

Have a great loss,
Ian

Yeah i find weighing keeps me on the straight and narrow! Annoyed at myself this week, was 2lb down on Friday then had a horrendous food day Sunday ....weigh in Monday I put on 1lb...However AF showed too so could be to do with that, feeling very bloated!

Yeah i find weighing keeps me on the straight and narrow! Annoyed at myself this week, was 2lb down on Friday then had a horrendous food day Sunday ....weigh in Monday I put on 1lb...However AF showed too so could be to do with that, feeling very bloated!

:hugs: hun I was like this last week damn that AF! fingers crossed next week shows your loss x

I'm on mine twice a day!! I'm awful for it!! It's force of habit really!!
But also, when I see that morning weight it makes me feel better and more determined not to mess things up for the rest of the day!!
Xx

Back