is anyone finding it hard to drink 2+ litres of water

I'm finding it really hard to drink the recommend amount of water at the moment i started off okay i managed to drink three litres a day but since yesterday i have only had about 1/1.5 litres is this going to affect weight loss? what are your experiences? how do you fit it all in!!!:)

I've been following exante total solution for the past 5 days so am new to all this!

I find it horrendous too!!! I down a whole pint of water as soon as I wake up, another at lunchtime, then in the afternoon then in the evening. I just have to stand there and chuck it down me neck and try not to gag plus then have several cups of green tea during the day. I'm thinking of buying shares in loo roll :) If you don't drink the water you will be constipated.

Summergurl on here say her weight loss is linked to the amount of water she drinks

3 litres a day- 3lbs loss...
food (or water) for thought

other drinks count too-try herbal teas

soda water?

have a 2 litre of water with you & make sure you have drunk all that by 4pm? then try & drik at least another 2 pints in the evening.
?

are you drinking really cold water? maybe leave it out for a while & drink it then?

you know you've gotta do it :C

Im back on CD today and aiming to drink 3 litres a day, i manage fine includes hot drinks for me too.x

I found it really difficult the first week, I could only manage 1L, then the next week I bumped it up half a litre & so on & so on each week until I could drink the recommended amount comfortably. I think if you take it slow & dont force yourself then you'll eventually be able to drink the right amount. Now I drink 5-6L (I'm not not not recommending this) because I'm constantly thirsty on this diet! >:

Holy Cow Millux
thats a lot of water !

Summergurl on here say her weight loss is linked to the amount of water she drinks

3 litres a day- 3lbs loss...
food (or water) for thought

other drinks count too-try herbal teas

soda water?

have a 2 litre of water with you & make sure you have drunk all that by 4pm? then try & drik at least another 2 pints in the evening.
?

are you drinking really cold water? maybe leave it out for a while & drink it then?

you know you've gotta do it :C

Thanks for the tip maggie - I have been drinking it cold but have been filling a jug up today and leaving it out and have managed 2.5 litres so far! I've got two little boys and am always running after them so forget about the water but i've tried to have a glass every time i go to the kitchen today:):):)

Magggie, my previous weight loss was also linked to the number of litres I drank too. I aim to go for 3 litres but mostly 4-5 if I can!

If you can, carry a 1litre sports bottle around with you and constantly sip throughout the day and refill as needed. You probably would get through 1 - 2 litres during the day doing that.

I make weak black tea in a jug, then fridge it in small coke bottles. have 2 litre bottle on table at work, always get that down 'cos every time summat is printing or loading I slurp water. Right now i am drinking a hot bouillion in a big cup, 1/2 pint water.
taken a liking to green tea as well, it all counts i think.
fren

ooo i been aiming for 4 litres but dwindles over past few days, as of friday gonna get back on this thing 110% been a bit complacent due to lack of will power and the OH tempting me with dinner out lol...where i drink diet coke which ain't gonna help me none! grrrr.... so good luck with getting all your water and wish me luck lmao! xxxx

It can be hard, I never used to drink very much at all...whether that's related to the fact I had to have a kidney removed last year I'll never know - but due to only having one kidney I was told I had to drink 3ltrs a day. So when I started on tfr I was already well used to it, thankfully.

Before leaving home (before my morning shake) I'll have a pint of water. Then at work, in the morning I fill my 500ml bottle and ensure I drink that 500ml before 10.30am. Refill bottle and try and drink it again by my lunchbreak at 1pm (Up to approx 2ltrs already!).
Afternoon follows a similar pattern with the aim to get another 2x500ml in by hometime. So thats my 3ltrs done.

At 'dinner time' I may have a small glass of water however I don't like to drink too late, otherwise I'm up all night peeing ;)

Well, I have had a busy weekend on my feet standing a lot, so I didn't get any more than 2/3 litres per day fri/sat ( only chemical loos as well ladies, so that puts you off drinking loads ;) )
and this week I have "only" lost 2lbs

I am not bothered, as it's been an important lesson

but also a good warning for others

Drink DRINK drink as much as you can stand !

It quite definately makes a difference to your weight loss!

Back