• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Is anyone here a runner?

S: 16st0lb C: 15st7lb G: 11st6lb Loss: 0st7lb(3.13%)
Hi girls

Iv been on WW for a couple of weeks and its going really well so far.

I want to start running but im completely unfit and its sooo hard :cry:Can any runners give me tips in how to get my fitness up whilst not killing myself in the process?

I go to my local country park, the distance round the loch is just over a mile and im currently walking round it twice at a decent pace. I jog a little but only a few hundred meters before i have to stop.:eek:

Help!

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
S: 19st0lb C: 12st5lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 27.9 Loss: 6st9lb(34.96%)
Heyyy!

Although I'm a massive gym fan I too am rather scared of running! I never used to be able to do it, so I've gradually been working my way up and I can tell I'm better and better at running for faster and longer! :)

I just started briskly walking, then every couple of minutes add in a little jog (only for like 30 seconds or so!) then take it back down and then repeat (it's called interval training :))

Over time you'll be able to up the amount of time you jog/run for and the pace and do less time walking in between the fast bits...

It's totally worked for me! I never EVER used to be able to run! But I'm getting better and better at it now! :)

I know that's rubbishly explained lol but I hope that helps a little??

Good luck anyways!! :)

ladyvegas

Silver Member
S: 17st3lb C: 14st4lb G: 12st12lb BMI: 30.4 Loss: 2st13lb(17.01%)
There is something called Couch to 5K for the Ipod - do a search for it online. Think that it gradually builds you up from walking to running over a number of weeks.

Thanks so much for this! Im going to definately give this a try. How often would you say to do it? I can normally only fit in twice maybe 3 times a week around works, kids, husband :p is this enough?

There is something called Couch to 5K for the Ipod - do a search for it online. Think that it gradually builds you up from walking to running over a number of weeks.
U are a genius! Ive just downloaded it to my ipod and im going out tonight to try it out!

Thanks so much x

Can I now bother you guys for some running song suggestions?

ta x

S: 16st2.5lb C: 15st10.5lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 36.7 Loss: 0st6lb(2.65%)
ooh i might see if i can get this onto my ipod...tho im no good with all that sort of stuff, i usually lose everything off it lol. im no runner but i def do want to be able to so it sounds ideal...thank u for this!! x

minirog

Silver Member
S: 19st4lb C: 18st13lb G: 12st2lb BMI: 40.3 Loss: 0st5lb(1.85%)
I use the C25k plan on a website called Inside the Mind of Suz It has a much better mix of music (imo) and you can download the podcasts for free.

I am now up to week 6 but seem stuck there and keep having to try it again and again! Having said that, I love jogging now and am much fitter than I was so I'm sure I'll get there!

Feel free to PM me anytime.

S: 15st0lb C: 14st3lb BMI: 28.6 Loss: 0st11lb(5.24%)
I'm a newbie runner and I'm following a plan from a book called Running Made Easy, I'd recommend it if you've never run before as starts you off slowly!

fionao

S: 13st2lb C: 13st2lb G: 10st10lb BMI: 34.8 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Ooohhhh Id love to jog to but like you am unfit and get puffed out after a little while. I was walking then jogging and using the telegraph poles, walk between two of them then jog then walk etc etc. Havent done it for a few months and I have to go out really early as I dont want people to see me :(, thats my main prob I think, people seeing me jogging.
I might give the ipod thing a try once I get hubby to download it for me!

Let us know how your getting on with it, see if it will motivate me!
xxx

S: 14st9.5lb C: 13st6lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 30.3 Loss: 1st3.5lb(8.52%)
great tips i to am very unfit i done a 10 mins running on the spot on the wii a while ago and about past out lol ok i have a chesty cough thing prob a little to do with it but hoping this works in the same way for me once i get out there! more i also need to get these app for my phone will help! x

Well I did it! Went out last night for a run and use the Couch 2 5k programme on my ipod an im amazed at how well I did! Dont get me wrong I was like a burst balloon for the rest of the night and my butt muscles are in agony today but I feel great for doing it and strangely can wait to get back out :)

Id definately reccomend it!

Hi tracy, i am completely unfit and determined to loose weight and get fit! ive just started jogging, i use lamp posts and trees as goals, and try and beat those goals as much as possible and then walk for a bit and start again! i hate the thought of people seeing me though so i go out at about 10pm! lol or jog round the local country park. i really want to be able to run 5k so im definatly going to download that thing! :) let me know how you get on! x

Go for it Kelz89!

Im on day 4 of the Couch to 5 k programme and im gobsmacked at how well im doing! The app is fantastic but i suppose it helps that im so focused and determined that im going to do it.

1st time i did it i thought i was gonna die but 2nd time was a bit easier, 3rd time was a piece of cake and i am actually hoping that it doesnt rain tonight so i can get out for a run tonight again:)

What i would say though is that i definately get more out of it if im outside running instead of on a treadmill, i dont feel as it my muscles are worked on a treadmill.

Let me know how you find it!

oh and many thanks to the original poster for the tip xxx

Shabba

Loves the Nom Nom!!!
S: 14st11lb C: 13st0.5lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 26.9 Loss: 1st10.5lb(11.84%)
I did it on a treadmill and the first time i went outside i thought i was going to die!
If your thinking of doing it, just go outside, the treadmill is like walking compared to the pavement!!

S: 13st10lb C: 11st3lb G: 8st2lb BMI: 30.7 Loss: 2st7lb(18.23%)
Ive been saying to myself for a few days now that I want to go out for a run. Just downloaded that app for my Ipod and as soon as I have got rid of this cold and bad chest, ill be out there!

S: 107.27kg C: 101.83kg G: 69.85kg BMI: 35.2 Loss: 5.4kg(5.07%)
I've got this app too but am too heavy to use it at the moment. Really encouraged to hear it's working well for you.