Is anyone starting Cambridge January 2014? Lets support each other!

Hi all
I'm returning, I started in January was doing really well but due to finances had to stop, maintained for a bit then easter, my birthday and the bbqs started and old habits crept in and put on 11lb. Just at the end of week 2 and I've lost 12lb. I go on holiday 2 weeks tomorrow ( hence lack of money) so really trying to shift a bit more to get into my holiday clothes. Good to see some of you jan starters still doing so well! :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi jellibelli! Good that you're now 1lb down of fresh fat :)

Sure this time will be a success for you, just one day at a time!

I can continue as long as I need to.
Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Glad you are back jelli good luck let us know how you go!

total loss = 31 lbs

Hi Krazzed! How you getting on?!

I'm back :) lol. Starting again on ss+ tomorrow.

Gained 6lb (not bad really as that's over 8 weeks) and as I still had 8lb to go I'm now a stone away from goal. Also I've now got use to my slimmer body that I now feel fat again if that makes sense. The novelty has worn off lol. So aiming for 3 weeks initially and will go from there.

How's everyone getting on?

Total loss on cambridge - 2 stone 11lb :)

How did it go today Liz? I forgot my shakes and didn't go back for them this morning so i had porridge and boiled eggs for brekkie and a plate of veg and a bowl of soup for lunch. Will have a shake this evening. Not a great start to what should have been day 1.

Hey,

Been a good day, had 2 bars and a shake. Works really busy at the mo so helps. Feels easier I think as I know it's not for long. Feeling in the zone again.

You've done good too, even if you forgot your shakes that's still a good start. How long you going to do back on plan?

Good for you! I'm not in the zone but I've to stop the weight regain. It's the weekends that are killing me.

I could do with losing half a stone to be comfortable in my new clothes again as im between a 10 and a 12 at the moment.

Yeah me too. The final push for me was gaining 4lb in 2 days, that was doing ww but eating all my weeklies on them 2 days!!! I gain weight so easily!! Think ill always have to do this for a few days now and then to keep me in check. Want to lose around a stone so hoping 3 weeks max. Nice to see I'm not the only one back :) I don't want to be one of these people that gain it all back so need to keep it in check.

I have no intention of regaining. I'm definitely going to have to follow some sort of a 5:2 diet going forward but limit calories on the 5 days to 1200 to 1400 and limit alcohol to once a week and that's just to maintain. It's such a balls.

I have no intention of regaining. I'm definitely going to have to follow some sort of a 5:2 diet going forward but limit calories on the 5 days to 1200 to 1400 and limit alcohol to once a week and that's just to maintain. It's such a balls.

I'm watching with interest how you're both doing with maintenance :)

Check your TDEE hun for your max calories for non-fasting days. Just don't go too low!

How are you both feeling being round food again? You weighing in daily?

Current loss: 25lbs and 18.5inches

I've become a periodical binger which i never was before. I can put on 4 lbs overnight if i have a whole day of i'm on my holidays style eating and drinking. That said it's as easy as i want it to be. I'm the one choosing to show no restraint. But on the other side of the coin once i get to 150 from a low of 145 i pull the reins in sharpish. However i would prefer to be 140 long term so i need to just do a couple more weeks and suck it up. Two 100% weeks would be enough.

Yes i weigh morning and evening. I could have 10 lbs on in a week if i ate whatever i wanted even if i was semi portion controlling.

Yeah I'm the same, really have to watch what I eat. I've been ok with food Liz. The first few weeks I found I ate more as think I'd been deprived so long that I had cravings but you know what a lot of it I didn't even enjoy, made me feel so bloated. Just think I had to get it out my system. I think the key to maintenance is weighing yourself. I did every few days, that way I kept myself in check.

I want to lose the gain I've had plus another 8lb - stone. Will see how I get on. Day 2 today and feeling good :)

Have a nice day everyone. And kiwi I hope you remember them shakes :)

I'm planning myself a getting to goal party and its all food related. I'm picking the perfect Cake to make, i've got my favourite ice cream waiting. but its planned and in my control. I'm being very careful about what i'm picking, and then i'm going to hit maintenance harder than SS. All this is pure naivety of course as i'm not at goal yet! lol.
I just tend to be a "get it out your system" girl. So rather than nibble, if i have 1 hit, and then get back on the diet (like i did for the wedding the other week) then that will work for me longer term.

Oh, i should note, my party is for me....and only me! I'm not actually throwing a big ass party for loads of people! lol.

I also have to learn to accept the scales the next day, and then do something about it rather than burying my head in the sand and getting fatter. Not an option! Scales will be my friend this time :)

How are you finding being back on SS Liz?

Love the party idea lol. Can I come :) I bought a whole new wardrobe and threw everything else away so there's no way I can get fat again lol.

Yeah it's ok but only day 2 today. I'm always ok in the mornings it's dinner times I struggle with. Takes me 1 & half hours to travel home which is very long when your hungry and needing a wee lol.

How much you lost in total Liz?

I did the same, got rid of everything - even underwear and started afresh with a whole new wardrobe. It's much more minimal this time. I bought good quality clothes I liked and I mind them, handwashing, air drying etc so they'll last. I look much better put together these days as I make the effort since I lost the (arse) baggage.

Completely forget the shakes again this morning. Remembered them about 2 minutes from work when I started getting hungry. So I've had two boiled eggs and some porridge again this morning. That will keep me going until lunchtime. I'll have a chicken salad then and then a shake for tea and I'll be under the 1000 calories for the day. Good thing is I'm losing about 1/2 a lb a day at the moment of the weight I put on so I'm happy enough with that for the moment. I was 147.75 this morning. The lowest I ever got was 144.25. I'm eating very little in the evenings. Have 400+ calorie breakfast and lunches. Just had a handful of cashew nuts and a glass of water last night.

i just like the idea of getting things out my system. It'll be epic lol

I'm planning on doing the same re the wardrobe. I'm buying stuff off ebay at the moment, and then when i'm in a size 10 i wont be buying anything from Primark thats for sure. I want to have the incentive that i cant afford to replace them! i have to do some serious saving!! lol wont be until september probably anyway.

Its 25lbs and 19' i think Liz now, its taking forever though :( Really slow on the results. but i have a clear run until the end of july/early august so i'm not losing sleep.

I'm an evening eater too! Ill find it hard to deal with food for breakfast, i'm planning on sticking with a shale for breakfast for a while because its "just" a drink....

Well done Kiwichin on the discipline there! I couldnt just have nuts at night! I'm impressed!

Hope you both have a good thursday :) Nearly the weekend!!! xx

Back