Is anyone starting Cambridge January 2014? Lets support each other!

That's still a great loss Liz, nearly 2 stone. How much more do you have to lose?

Day 2 and I'm starving!!!!!! Struggled today, can't wait to get home and have my dinner!!!!!

Total loss on cambridge - 2 stone 11lb :)

Hi ladies! I've been rubbish since getting to below my BMI of 25! I moved onto Step 2 Monday before last and have had days with not enough packs and then a couple picking all day, so today I've decided to just have a proper day off to get out of the 'sort of on plan, sort of not on plan' mindset and go back on track totally tomorrow. That way I can enjoy eating loads of crap today.

I know it'll make it harder to get back on it 100% but its worth it, because otherwise I just get to the afternoon and pick on chocolate etc, and end up not losing but not actually really eating either.

Hope I don't regret it when getting back on track!!

That's still a great loss Liz, nearly 2 stone. How much more do you have to lose? Day 2 and I'm starving!!!!!! Struggled today, can't wait to get home and have my dinner!!!!! Total loss on cambridge - 2 stone 11lb :)

At least another 2 stone and when I'm having SS+ today lol

How long until you're home? What you having for dinner?

Current loss: 25lbs and 18.5inches

Hi ladies! I've been rubbish since getting to below my BMI of 25! I moved onto Step 2 Monday before last and have had days with not enough packs and then a couple picking all day, so today I've decided to just have a proper day off to get out of the 'sort of on plan, sort of not on plan' mindset and go back on track totally tomorrow. That way I can enjoy eating loads of crap today. I know it'll make it harder to get back on it 100% but its worth it, because otherwise I just get to the afternoon and pick on chocolate etc, and end up not losing but not actually really eating either. Hope I don't regret it when getting back on track!!

Omg this is totally me! I call it my 'getting it out my system' day! I had that for the wedding and then I'll have one when I get to goal, and then I'll come back to it the day after. This diet is so intense that I think sometimes you need the blow out and the gain on the scales to then get back on track. It won't make it harder because the cravings go. You then feel very grateful for the diet and routine and you give more than you did before. Since the wedding I have a massive renewed motivation for the diet.

Check in more if you can hun, I find the support on here second to none and I'd have messed up my now without everyone xx

Do you think that having the binge day will help me get it out of my system psychologically? I'm not trying to keep it low carb, far from it!

Do you think that having the binge day will help me get it out of my system psychologically? I'm not trying to keep it low carb, far from it!

Personally, it's worked really well for me. I classed the wedding as a planned day off rather than a cheat. I ate like a horse, and the. The Monday, SS 100-% and I'm 1.5 weeks on and although I look at food and go 'ooooooh', there isn't a single part of me that wants to put it in my mouth.

Accept today is just a day, back on SS/SS+ tomorrow and focus on the goal.

I'm planning a good party for 1 when I get to goal, that's my next planned off day. And it won't be until the end of July but it'll be epic. And then I'll be back on plan the day after! Simple :)

Hi Jo,

Defo think a binge day may help but maybe it's the wrong diet now your bmi is that low? Maybe step 3 would be better? Do you want to lose that much more?

Liz - won't be home until about 8, left work late and have a long commute. I'll have either a bar or slim and save cheesy pasta pack (it's not as nice as it sounds lol) so tiny.

Picking up 2 weeks worth of packs tonight. I've been using left over cambridge ones.

Jo1989 - Sorry to butt in but I saw the reference to a "binge day". I was one pound off goal and had a binge day on 19th September 2012 - I carried on having binge days until 9th February 2014 - oops! If you have some self-control then maybe it will work but if you are like me then you could release the monster within. I did speed up weight loss before by just going up a step.
Good luck whatever you decide

Liz - won't be home until about 8, left work late and have a long commute. I'll have either a bar or slim and save cheesy pasta pack (it's not as nice as it sounds lol) so tiny. Picking up 2 weeks worth of packs tonight. I've been using left over cambridge ones. Total loss on cambridge - 2 stone 11lb :)

Ouch that's not good! :/ is the job worth the commute?
Haha they don't sound appealing! I'll stick with my chicken and mushroom soup! Lol it's hard when you're on the go all day to keep up with it. I'm picky with how I have my shakes so I'd rather wait than not enjoy it haha

Jo1989 - Sorry to butt in but I saw the reference to a "binge day". I was one pound off goal and had a binge day on 19th September 2012 - I carried on having binge days until 9th February 2014 - oops! If you have some self-control then maybe it will work but if you are like me then you could release the monster within. I did speed up weight loss before by just going up a step. Good luck whatever you decide

True, it's not for everyone. But it can be good if you know you can get back on the next day :)

Yeah its a difficult call, but I think for me, I know if I don't give myself a proper day off at this point I'll keep picking and be miserable for the next few weeks wishing I could have a proper something and I'll end up coming off completely.

So its worth the risk I think. I'll report back in each day to this thread to keep myself accountable if you ladies don't mind!

Yeah its a difficult call, but I think for me, I know if I don't give myself a proper day off at this point I'll keep picking and be miserable for the next few weeks wishing I could have a proper something and I'll end up coming off completely. So its worth the risk I think. I'll report back in each day to this thread to keep myself accountable if you ladies don't mind!

Hun we are always here if you need us! I'll keep an eye out for you tomorrow and make sure you lean where necessary! :) that's what we are here for!

Have you enjoyed the food you've eaten today at least? And do you know what you'll do tomorrow? SS or SS+?

Well I ate a load of crisps and chocolate, and felt fine. And then we ordered a pizza and wedges and I only managed 3 slices and a third of the wedges before I felt super sick! Don't regret it because I felt I needed to do it, and it reminded me the feeling of being really full is actually horrible! I'm actually very much looking forward to getting back on plan now so it was defo the right thing to do.

I'm on four shakes a day cause I'm 5ft 10, but having chicken pieces at lunch during the week instead of a shake cause I don't like having packs at work. I can't wait to get rid of this full feeling now.

Hi, sorry to intrude. I'm thinking of trying Cambridge but concerned about putting weight back on after. Any advice would be appreciated
thanks

Well I ate a load of crisps and chocolate, and felt fine. And then we ordered a pizza and wedges and I only managed 3 slices and a third of the wedges before I felt super sick! Don't regret it because I felt I needed to do it, and it reminded me the feeling of being really full is actually horrible! I'm actually very much looking forward to getting back on plan now so it was defo the right thing to do. I'm on four shakes a day cause I'm 5ft 10, but having chicken pieces at lunch during the week instead of a shake cause I don't like having packs at work. I can't wait to get rid of this full feeling now.

So it's already working, you had what you needed to, it's made you feel rotten (like it did with me) and you'll feel better for being back on the plan. Thus stopping you from picking and nibbling :)

I actually genuinely feel close to being physically sick, as the time goes on the more sick I feel.

It's taught me a lesson! I'm a 100% girl again from tomorrow

I actually genuinely feel close to being physically sick, as the time goes on the more sick I feel. It's taught me a lesson! I'm a 100% girl again from tomorrow

Well hun that's super :) sounds like the perfect outcome to me! Xx

Liz - yes I love my job so worth the commute :) Commuting just not good on this diet as always need a wee and hungry in the evening.

Jo - think you've done the right thing. Good luck tomorrow. X

Yeah I defo think I've done the right thing as otherwise I'd spend all day every day for the next weeks thinking I should have a break and messing about with it.

Now I have, don't regret it, but know I won't do it again!

Its my BFs stag this weekend so he's away til Sunday night and said if I stay 100% tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday he'll treat me to a new handbag on Monday :D So another good reason to stay on track!

Yeah I defo think I've done the right thing as otherwise I'd spend all day every day for the next weeks thinking I should have a break and messing about with it. Now I have, don't regret it, but know I won't do it again! Its my BFs stag this weekend so he's away til Sunday night and said if I stay 100% tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday he'll treat me to a new handbag on Monday :D So another good reason to stay on track!

That's the mindset to have hun! Don't beat yourself up over a decision that works FOR YOU! At the end if the day, as dedicated as we are to the diet, it is just that, a diet....when you are on step 4 and above is where the hard work really starts, and you'll do the same then....have a mad day and then reign it back in for a couple or weeks. That's normal life :) you just have to prove today that you can get back on track :) xx

Back