Is CD a lose fast gain back all plus more diet!!??

gain

Look how well a lot of people have done on this fab diet. Take Icemoose for instance he is someone to look up to and think wow!!! He has done excellent..:happy036:When we all get to goal we will just have to eat sensible, show them all how to do it...xxx

KD you should go on this NLP course, you would love it!!

I know. Right up my street. Hardly worth it just for me though. Fab for you what with the CDCing and all :clap:

I'll just have to rely on you dropping little tidbits every now and again :)

Well I have loads of good books on it that you are more than welcome to borrow! Well worth a read through.

Mike

they like to know that somebody else is witnessing their weight on a monthly basis, and I'm more than happy to see them for a few minutes each month :)

That's really nice :cool: I didn't see my CDC properly once I finished SSing. Just sort of popped by when I did the plans up. We were on different pages then and I was worried she might throw me off course ;)

I did think about joining WW just to get that weekly official weigh. I felt very lonely and overwhelmed with the fact that I was now my own to make my own mistakes and learn my own lessons.

Take Icemoose for instance he is someone to look up to and think wow!!! He has done excellent..:happy036:

Indeed:clap: and I bet he makes a great CDC. He sounds so passionate about it all:cool:

Well I have loads of good books on it that you are more than welcome to borrow! Well worth a read through.

Mike

Oh hi Mike. Just talking about you :D Thanks for the offer. By the time you've added the postage, it would probably be cheaper to buy it myself wouldn't it. Cheers though.

Out of your books, what would you consider the 'must haves'?

Oh and what is the difference between CBT and NLP?

Edited to add. Your words of wisdom are wanted on another thread BTW. Lost it for the mo...but got your name in the title :)

Thanks KD, that was me posting and please feel free to share your wisdom as you are Queen to Mike's King of the maintainers!

Gx

Hey there!

I used to be 6 stones when I first came to the UK and in 1 year I put on 11stones!!!Then I lost 11stones in 5 months by myself in the beginning on a very low calorie diet which I read on a magazine and many hours of exercise a day. After about 2 years I put all the weight back on!
Then I did my own diet again- in the beginning a very low calorie diet and then I was adding on food. Again I dropped from 17 stones to 8 stones but after 2 years I put 4 stones on. I started Weight Watchers which is really good and lost 1stone in 2 weeks, but I have to admit I was taking much fewer calories than the recommended ones. The problem with me is that I live by myself so for me it was quite expensive and also tiring to cook everyday different things and be sure that I got the correct portions right, so I was always falling back on the take aways which are the favourite enjoyment of my boyfriend (he is underweight actually! BMI 18 !!!). In generally I believe that any person (especially an All or Nothing person like myself) can put weight back on, regardless of the diet they follow.

I have never heard about the Cambridge Diet before. I have heard of LighterLife but it sounded very scary and extremely expensive. So, I typed in google 'cheap alternatives to Lighterlife' and came across the Cambridge Diet.
After reading a lot about it, I decided to start with the CD straight away a) because I am an all or nothing eater, b) because one doesn't have to spend hours of cooking (even though I love cooking- but when at work it is easy to choose something unhealthy simply due to lack of options!), c) CD provides all vitamins, nutrients etc that one needs, d) at least for me it comes much cheaper than buying food, e) once you reach your goal weight CD will gradually help you to rehabilitate to a normal calorie intake diet and f) I can control my portions without feeling unsure or guilty I have overeaten.

I started the CD 1 week ago and I didn't cheat, apart from drinking Diet coke insted of Coke Zero and adding lemon in my soups-but not everyday. I was really scared that I would feel hungry, but i actually felt really full after every meal! I love drinking water and I like that CD requires you to drink a lot. I did not have any problems with my breath at all so far. Also, in terms of constipation I didn't have any problem at all! And I am sooooooooooo happy about it because normally -on a diet or not-I have massive constipation problems!

I lost 9lbs in my first week with CD. I am very happy. I saw some fat coming off my breasts and arms. Of course I know that I have lost a lot of water as well, but this happens always on the first week of every diet.
According to my councillor my waist has dropped 2,5 inches which is approximatelly 5cm! I actually felt it with my trousers but I was not that sure.

Now, I am in the beginning of my 2nd week. I know that I might not lose a lot of weight but I will still be happy if I don't get tempted. This week I ordered 5 bars for when I am out of my house, because it is really difficult for me to keep up with all meals when busy at work and not having a kettle or a hand-blender/whisk handy.

I am sure I might put weight back on. But this time I am determined that I will try and maintain my goal weight by a) Attending weekly Weight Watchers meetings and b) Doing the Sole Source Cambridge Diet every now and then just to keep on track c) Exercising or walking regularly d) Sleeping at least 6 hours! e) Eating everything I want but by programme-not overloading myself f) Throwing excess portions away if only cooking for myself g)Drinking lots of water h) Eating Weight Watchers microwave meals instead of fast food when on a job placement -they are only £1 a meal at Morissons i) Eating 5 portions of fruit a day and lots of other things! I am sure that this way I will manage and maintain my goal weight.

I believe that CD is a good Diet to get a boost start. It is nice that is cheap (extremely cheap for me!) and is also nice that the CDCs are keeping a track on you once by phone at the mid of week and once at weigh-ins. I also liked that my councillor did not try to sell me the whole CD package- or made me commit a lot of money like they do in LighterLife-and also told me that if I don't feel well with the diet I can still give up or do the add a meal diet instead but always try and do things gradually.

Anyway, sorry for boring you.

:)

Xontroula

Thanks for sharing your story with us. It was anything but boring!!

I think lots of us have had up and down weight journeys, some drastic, others not so much and I personally love reading everyone's experiences about it.

I'm on CD SS and I'm an all or nothing person too, so I find it a good diet for me. Plus I'm also very impatient and losing weight quickly keeps my head on track.

I'm determined to keep the weight off this time (and yes I've said that before, but this time I mean it!)

Good luck with your journey and keep letting us know how you are doing. :D

i personally think everyone has an ideal body weight , not necessarily what we would like. my son who is 15 now ... after i had him i was 17 stone, previous to him i had always been around 10 stone ...... i ate and ate and ate .... when he was 2 i started my nurse training and didnt especially diet by the time the 3 years was up and i qualified , my new uniform was a size 14 and just sat nicely.....not too tight and not too loose.
maintained wt of 10 st2 to 10 st 4 , and stayed at that for 7 years . fast forward to 2002 meet and married my lovely hubby steve, 4 pregnancies in 3 years ... so gave birth 2002, lost one , 2004,2005.
so here i am now trying to shift the wt. have lost 8 lb in 2 weeks on cd, then bliped all of last week and had no loss or gain . so personally i think once the excess wt has gone it will stay off.... obviously stuff choc and bad stuff wt will go on . so for me once i am back to ( am aiming for 10 st 10 ) a normal wt hopefully i will stay there . well i am feeling very positive today.

Hehehe!

Thanks you for your kind words Sussex Girl.;)

My motto is: No matter, try again, fail again, fail better! :D (I am silly! I know!)

Wooow! You've lost a lot of weight so far! Well done!

PS: By the way how do you add the Colourful Weight Tracker Line at the bottom of your messages?:confused:

There is a ticker thread at the top of the Forum in stickies - it might help for you to read that rather than me trying to explain!

As the others have said, it's only that sort of diet if you make it that sort of diet. If you go back to eating the way you did before without learning anything through abstinence, you'll put it back on again. I took me just over a year to put the 3 stone I lost back on again, (plus 1Ib extra) but I didn't change how I ate (and I didn't get to goal either).

This time I'm 100% in it and ready to learn from my mistakes!

The people with the negative comments probably don't like change. I know that's why I get such comments anyway. We're all here for you :D

Back