is it impossible to lose 7lb a week, every week?

hypno1

Hi everyone,

This is mostly out of curiousity than anything else. I've lost 8.5lb my first week and cdc says I should now be expecting to lose 4-6lb per week if I stick to ss 100%.

What I wondered is if it's possible to lose 7lb per week every week until goal or does that just not happen?

Consistently you wouldn't lose 7lb a week as you body will naturally have less weight to lose. CD normally says approx 1 stone per month but that depends on many factors as everyone is different.

Good Luck and well done so far xxxxxx

my CDC says the average is 3 lbs a week, i agree except for me in the case of the last 3 weeks!

Not really possible as some of that weight is water loss too. If you had a lot to lose you could have big losses some weeks, but generally it seems to settle down to 3-4lbs a week.

Ah I see, thanks for the answers. My cdc might be being a bit hopeful too with the 4-6lb per week too then eh.

everyones different some people lose more but generally after the first month it'll slow down like others have said to roughly a stone a month.

Ah I see, thanks for the answers. My cdc might be being a bit hopeful too with the 4-6lb per week too then eh.

Is your CDC a fella? Or perhaps has a lot of male clients?

They can often lose 4-6+lbs a week.

Just a thought.

My cdc told me 3lb a week/stone a month on average but for week one she hoped it would be 6lb+ purely on my size alone.

BTW nice to 'speak' to you again Gill, I think i recognise you from elsewhere. I have a sept 06 little girl and a July 08 baby girl if that helps you ;)

My cdc told me 3lb a week/stone a month on average but for week one she hoped it would be 6lb+ purely on my size alone.

BTW nice to 'speak' to you again Gill, I think i recognise you from elsewhere. I have a sept 06 little girl and a July 08 baby girl if that helps you ;)

Hellooo Mrs! I certainly do know you! How are you and the littlies? As you can guess i'm not very good at hiding who I am with usernames lol, I just say who I am and that's that lol. Any luck with the house hunting yet? Hope youd don't mind me asking on here?

When did you start cd? This is only my tenth day, still finding out so much about it. Got through the hunger though, just the mental hunger i'm dealing with now.

Got about 6 stones to lose to get back in to the 8/10 clothes again although I can't see me in an 8 again ever due to my body shape being totally diff now since I had babies. Hoping to get it all done with in 20 wks, prob way too optimistic there too but gotta be optimistic about it or I wouldn't stick to it.

Lost 8.5lb in my first week so pretty pleased with that, I am a slave to the wii fit though (just the scales not the excersises lol!) and i've lost another lb since my weigh in on Tues.

Hope you do well on it, so nice to think I "know" someone who is on it too.

Is your CDC a fella? Or perhaps has a lot of male clients?

They can often lose 4-6+lbs a week.

Just a thought.

Yep he is a man. Not sure if he has alot of male clients but he did say men lose it more quickly than women but when I asked him how quick it would come off after week 1 he said 4-6lbs. I asked him what the average for wk1 was and he said he has had some people lose 14lbs but also some 4lbs but on average about 10lbs. Although I was chuffed losing 8.5 in first week I was still a wee tiny bit disappointed I didn't make the 10.

You will probably find as you get closer to goal your weight will slow down. But if you say you have a lot to lose it will probably be quite good for a while!

Hellooo Mrs! I certainly do know you! How are you and the littlies? As you can guess i'm not very good at hiding who I am with usernames lol, I just say who I am and that's that lol. Any luck with the house hunting yet? Hope youd don't mind me asking on here?

When did you start cd? This is only my tenth day, still finding out so much about it. Got through the hunger though, just the mental hunger i'm dealing with now.

Got about 6 stones to lose to get back in to the 8/10 clothes again although I can't see me in an 8 again ever due to my body shape being totally diff now since I had babies. Hoping to get it all done with in 20 wks, prob way too optimistic there too but gotta be optimistic about it or I wouldn't stick to it.

Lost 8.5lb in my first week so pretty pleased with that, I am a slave to the wii fit though (just the scales not the excersises lol!) and i've lost another lb since my weigh in on Tues.

Hope you do well on it, so nice to think I "know" someone who is on it too.

Househunting is notgoing well, made a few offers that have been refusedso we are pretty much just sitting back and waiting now while still saving.

I started on sunday so this is day 5 for me, WI is on saturday :) Wiifit is saying i have dropped 9lb but I don't believe it.

I also have 6-7 stone to lose at the moment I am a size 20 so even being a size 16 would be such a thrill, hoping ultimatly to maintain at a 12 but a 10 would be fab but I haven't been there since my teens :rolleyes:.

I am thru the physical hunger now just struggling with the mental bit and drinking the water.I have no time set for goal, ideally october as I fancy buggering off to spain for a week and going with a sexy new body would be cool.

Girls are fine, both are cheeky and the youngest has discovered how to pull up and is dying to walk. How are your two littleones?? Cheeky little boys I presume. Is you hubby being nice and supportive??

Househunting is notgoing well, made a few offers that have been refusedso we are pretty much just sitting back and waiting now while still saving.

I started on sunday so this is day 5 for me, WI is on saturday :) Wiifit is saying i have dropped 9lb but I don't believe it.

I also have 6-7 stone to lose at the moment I am a size 20 so even being a size 16 would be such a thrill, hoping ultimatly to maintain at a 12 but a 10 would be fab but I haven't been there since my teens :rolleyes:.

I am thru the physical hunger now just struggling with the mental bit and drinking the water.I have no time set for goal, ideally october as I fancy buggering off to spain for a week and going with a sexy new body would be cool.

Girls are fine, both are cheeky and the youngest has discovered how to pull up and is dying to walk. How are your two littleones?? Cheeky little boys I presume. Is you hubby being nice and supportive??

That's a shame about the house hunting, even though people are desperate to sell just now it still seems to be a hoopla, my cousin is in the same boat.

That's fantasic! You def will have lost 9lb already, I weighed myself every day the first week lol! I lost 1lb the first day and on the 2nd day I dropped 3lb!! I didn't believe it at first either cause it was going so fast and I was used to dropping like 1lb a week on other diets but it def does work. Lets face it, no wonder it's working, it's likejust over 400cal a day and the norm is 2000 and I know I was eating way way way more than 2000.

The mental hunger is def the hardest thing isn't it? I keep daydreaming about the F word lol! Also torchure myself watching cooking programmes. All that said though I can then go and cook for the kids and hubby and it doesn't bother me i the slightest that I can't eat it, that's prob cause i'm a crap cook though and my stuff usually isn't that appealling anyway! Going away in a wee swimsuit would def be ace.

The boys are great, so much work though! The wee one just rolls and rolls around the floor to get to where he wants to be, no signs of crawlinig or walking at all, he's lazy lol. The big one is trouble, he's on the go from first thing in the morning to bed time and he doesn't nap at all, hasn't done since he was about a year old.

My hubby is really supporting me in all this, keeping me on the straight and narrow when I moan that I want to eat. I told him that i would moan and said when I do just tell me to shut it. He doesn't quite do that but he just tells me i'm doing great and to stick it cause it's what I want. Tbh I think he can't wait to have the "thin" me back again either although he would never say so but it can't be very easy watch someone you met at a size 8/10 go to a 16/18top and 18/20 bottom.

What's your hubby like with it? Have you told anyone else that you are doinig it? I've told my mum and dad and best friend, thought m&d would think it's a fad but they really didn't. Dh tried to tell mil but as usual mil wasn't at all interested and cut him half way through to talk about herself lol.

Only DH knows and one of my friends. I am also ok with cooking for OH and the girls. Craig is supportive to the point that he wants to cook for himself and the girls, he doesn't seem to understand that it just doesn't bother me. I was a size 14 when we met and its just been gradual lazyness and greed that has had the weight creep on especially since youngest arrived. I am ashamed to admit my weight on saturday was 2lb heavier than just before they induced the youngest due to pre eclampsia.

My oldest was a roller then at 16 ish months she just walked. youngest is the opposite, she crawls and can pull herself up to standing then gets frustrated because she can't work out what to do next.

That's great that Craig is being supportive, it makes all the difference. Kevin said he didn't mind cooking his own tea but I wouldn't put him through that, this is the man who doesn't know how to turn the oven on (seriously!).

You shouldn't be ashamed, i'm the very same, when I started this I thought I was 13 1/2st until I checked on the wii and it said I was 14,4 1/2 which is 2 1/2lb off my full term pregnancy weight with both of mine! I was pretty shocked but we are going in the right direction. I do think cd is a pretty hardcore solution but I need hardcore or i'd nver stick to it. Losing 1-2lb a week on any other diet just wouldn't so it for me at all, i'd last a few weeks if lucky. This way I can look at it as 20ish weeks out my life to do this then I can start eating again in a healthy way. My doc told me to go for it, it was him that actually first suggested this type of diet to me cuz he knew it would take me about a year to lose it any other way and I just don't have the patience for that.

Back