Is it okay......

Curvygirl87

Silver Member
Just wantin to know if I go over syns one day is it ok to deduct them from the next day? Meetin friend 2mro night and my meal etc goes over my syns so was goin to pull back over the next couple of days.. Is it ok to do that? Xxx

Use flexi syns. Theyre part of the plan. Choose how many, like 50 or 100, whatever amount, and count down on the night. When you hit zero stop and switch to soft drinks or free food

Flexi syns are great. Life still needs to go on and we can't be good all the time :)

The maximum syns you can have for 7 days is 105. It is the only way to have a normal life. Go out and enjoy yourself. Just leave syns from the diet for the rest of the week.

Do u think doin flexible syns wud stop me from havin a loss? X

Do u think doin flexible syns wud stop me from havin a loss? X
Will not stop you if you stick to no more than 105 syns in 7 days. You are allowed to have 15 syns a day and still loose weight. If you save up 105 for one day you will still loose weight. :)

That's great :) just don't want to muck myself up lol! Xxx

This is why I love SW. You can still have a life while you loose weight! It will be easier to keep the weight off after you reach target, because you will have learned the correct skills.

That's brilliant :) x

Muis said:
Will not stop you if you stick to no more than 105 syns in 7 days. You are allowed to have 15 syns a day and still loose weight. If you save up 105 for one day you will still loose weight. :)

Flexible Syns is not the same as using your 105 Syns weekly. Flexible Syns is for use on special occasions only. You decide how many you are going to have and count down from that number until you have none left then you stop. The next day you go back on to plan using between 5 & 15 syns a day as usual. You also do not expect to loose in a week where you use flexible Syns.

You also do not use flexible Syns just cos you've gone over one day.

If you over by a few today, just have a few less tomorrow, but still have at least 5.

And whilst some can use Syns weekly, a lot of people find it affects their losses in the long run.

I'm not sure it's what you're "supposed" to do, but I was out for a meal on Wednesday night and I did the same - I went over in my Syns quite a bit, so for the rest of the week I'm just keeping them pretty low, and making sure I don't go over 105.

Also, when's your WI? After your meal lots of water and/or exercise might help too. Just a suggestion :)

The main thing is that you enjoy yourself, and get right back on plan the following day.

Flexible Syns is not the same as using your 105 Syns weekly. Flexible Syns is for use on special occasions only. You decide how many you are going to have and count down from that number until you have none left then you stop. The next day you go back on to plan using between 5 & 15 syns a day as usual. You also do not expect to loose in a week where you use flexible Syns.

You also do not use flexible Syns just cos you've gone over one day.

If you over by a few today, just have a few less tomorrow, but still have at least 5.

And whilst some can use Syns weekly, a lot of people find it affects their losses in the long run.
It depends on your consultant. I was told to do it as above by the one a go to now.

From the SW Website ref saving syns and flexible syns.

Now its entirely up to your whether you take the advice or not. Some poeple can get away with saving syns, some people can't. Just remember that if you choose to not take the advice then find it affects your losses you will be advised to stick to the advice!

At Slimming World we don't recommend that you save all your Syns up for the week, just so you can have a few drinks on a Saturday night. Depriving yourself throughout that week is like putting yourself in a tight corset. Before Saturday night arrives, that corset could well have been flung off, and your eating plan been pushed aside for the week…then the month… then the year.

Food Optimising means that you can allow yourself a flexible Syn day once in a while, and not have to save up Syns beforehand, or deprive yourself afterwards.

eg You’ve arranged to go out for a Chinese with some friends on Saturday night.
Ask yourself the following questions:
1.What would I normally choose to eat (remembering those little extras)?

Chicken and cashew nuts with rice, and prawn crackers. Ask yourself…
  • Are you happy with boiled rice for Free or would you choose egg fried rice (which adds 4 Syns for an average portion)?
  • How many prawn crackers (count ½ Syn each)?
  • Would you want a starter or a dessert… can you resist the duck pancakes? (I can’t!)
2.How does that work best with Food Optimising?

• On an Extra Easy day, boiled rice is free and your chicken and cashew nuts would be 8½ Syns.
  • If you're likely to eat 12 prawn crackers (they’re so moreish!), allow another 6 Syns.
  • And a portion of Peking duck and pancakes adds 30 Syns (15 if you’re sharing!)
  • If you forgo the dessert for the fortune cookie add 2½ Syns
Your total so far: 47 Syns
3.Have I included drinks for the evening?

If you drink alcohol, work out what you're likely to drink and the Syn value. Don’t put that tight corset on and underestimate what you'll want. If you’d normally drink three 142ml glasses of red wine, include an extra 15 Syns. We’re going for the spirit and diet mixers:
  • 3 x Malibu and diet coke adds 12 Syns.
4. After answering these questions, work out how many Syns you require for that night:

My total for the night is 59 Syns
If you’re happy with this plan, agree an upper limit with yourself, enjoy your evening, and if you have an extra glass of wine, or few more prawn crackers or a pudding, keep counting. If you think you may have forgotten something, keep planning.
Food Optimise normally until you go out. Use your flexible Syns during the evening, and when you get home, go back to normal Food Optimising.
There is no guarantee when you next weigh yourself that you will have lost weight this particular week, though the chances are you will. However, you will be completely in control, you won't 'blow it' or give up, and you'll be ready to Food Optimise 100% after a great evening out, without feeling guilty.

Back