is it possible to swap to ww from ll

nibbea

this isnt through choice, my relationship has ended leaving me unable to afford ll or for that matter cambridge.

Has anybody swapped from ll to weightwatchers, does it work, or do you put weight on as the vlcd is so strict?

A very sad Shona as I loved ll, I have lost 3 stone 4 in 10 weeks

Sorry to hear about your relationship Shona especially this close to Xmas. I'm sure in the long term it will be for the best. I can't advise about transferring to WW as I don't have that experience. I would also think it would depend on how much more you have to lose etc.

If you could transfer to Cambridge that is half the price and I know lots of people have successfully made this change. Have a look at MoneySavingExpert: Consumer Revenge - Credit Cards, Shopping, Bank Charges, Cheap Flights and more to see if you can save money in other ways to enable you to afford it as I would think the difference between paying for food + weightwatchers class and books etc and Cambridge would be very small.

MSE webpage has excellent ideas for saving real money and at the moment if you subscribe to the really useful weekly email they will donate 50p to charity. You may even be able to save enought to still afford LL, who knows?!

Hope you have a lovely Xmas despite the circumstances.

Dizzy x

I THINK AFTER BEING ON A VLCD THEN GOING ON TO WW, YOU MAY PUT WEIGHT ON, AS YOUR BODY HAS NOT HAD THE AMOUNT OF CALORIES. BUT IF YOU REALLY HAVE NO CHOICE IM SURE IN TIME YOUR WEIGHT WILL COME OFF BUT AT A MUCH SLOWER RATE.
HAVING DONE SLIMMING WORLD AND WW NUMEROUS TIMES IN THE PAST THE VLCD DEFINATELY GETS THE RESULTS IN DOUBLE QUICK TIME.

They said at our info night LL is actually cheaper than eating? if not cambridge I would guess really would be cheaper than eating.

So sorry about your circumstances, all the best to you and I really hope this is a new beginning for you!

mags
xxx

I'm going to change from LL to CD purely because of the cost. I am coming to the end of my 100 days and have lost 44 lbs. I want to lose another 15 to get to healthy BMI. The cost of LL is crippling me, however, I do think I spend less (some weeks!) because I used to go out for meals and drinks and can't do that now. However, with xmas and the new year its time for me to save half the cost and put that money towards my credit card debts. I personally think that changing to WW would be very difficult and if you can possibly afford it, go to CD. Good luck in whatever you do.

I would say that swapping to WW would definitely end up being more expensive than swapping to CD. Even though it's free to register at the moment, the meetings are £4.95 each. If CD is £32.50, you'd have to spend less than £27.45 a week on food to spend less. You will definitely be doing it for much longer than if you just lose the weight on CD thereby making it even more expensive.

For example... say you want to lose 15lb.

CD

If CD averages out at 3lbs a week that's 5 weeks @ £32.50 a week. Total = £162.50

WW

Personally I would be very lucky to average 1.5lbs a week on WWs (but of course I don't know your personal circumstances how much will power you have/how much you want to lose etc) -
so that's 10 weeks of meetings at £5 per meeting - £50
Say you spend £20 a week on your food bill - £200
Total = £250

Basically in this scenario your weekly food bill would have to come to no more than £11.25 a week to make WW even as cheap - let alone cheaper than CD.

Anyway, obviously I have no idea how much you want to lose - how much you would spend on food etc etc... I just think it would be very unlikely to be cheaper and it would certainly take longer and if you're anything like me at all, you will put weight on!

That being said, others fare very well with WWers. :) You could also just not go to meetings which will save you some money. I have always got my support through the WWers forums where there are many people like me who have done WWers for years and years and know the whole points/no count thing inside out.

Whatever you decide, I'm so sorry to hear about your relationship and I hope that things get a bit easier for you. If it were me I'd be tempted to eat for Britain even though what I would really want to do is make a brand, shiny new me, full of confidence and able to go out there and knock 'em all dead!!

Good luck! :)

I would love to hear if anyone has actually managed this as I have just done WW after eating for Britain for 3 weeks of Christmas, where i gained TWENTY pounds, and have GAINED 1 pound.

Although I lost 7.5 stones on LL/CD I'm beginning to wonder if there was any point if I can't even eat the small amounts on a DIET programme such as WW and not gain weight...I mean am I seriously supposed to eat under 1000 calories for the rest of my life in order to maintain my weight??

Anyone with any answers?

Joe

i wouldnt have thought so artyjoe. I imagine you would have to build the calories up slowly and let your body adjust over a period of time. I know for a fact that i will have to go into maintenance after CD cos theres no way my body will allow me to go from 400ish calories a day to 1500 without punishing me.

shona, for CD Vs WW... I would definately say CD is cheaper. my family food bills have reduced so much just cos im not buying the things i like. even though i wouldnt be the only one eating the things i chose to buy, it certainly added a huge cost to the bill. I found i spent even more on "special" foods when doing WW or SW. Definately cheaper to just buy CD. My god, i think its cheaper than just what i would spend on eating out each week, let alone the groceries inbetween!

You have a new chapter of your life opening for you, whether you wanted it or not. even if its a relationship u wanted to come out of, its still difficult so my thoughts are with you there. i personally would want to be the best i can be after the end of it and force myself to see a new great life unfolding with a gorgeous new me! I hope you come to that conclusion and wow em all. xxxxxxx

Back