Extra Easy Is it possible

The Punisher

to follow the Extra Easy plan with a weekly budget of around £30?
I want to give the plan a try, but as it's bang in between paydays, funds are pretty tight. i've got a rough food budget of £25-30 each week for the next fortnight.
Is it possible to follow EE on what I think is a pretty meagre budget-even if it is just to feed me!

Should be ok. Get the offers on fruit/veg at supermarkets.

Minced meat do chilli/spag bol.
Get chicken thighs rather than breasts just peel of the skin you can then make curries etc. or buy a whole chicken think they're on offer in Asda for £2 (maybe that was last week)

Pasta bakes, SW chips, Omelettes

I think so,

You would perhaps buy something along the following lines:

1kg budget brand pasta = £1
Value couscous (2 portions) = £1
Chicken fillets - usually 3 packs cost £7
Extra Lean Mince beef 500g =£3
Cereal bars £4
Jacket Potatos = £1
Pack of half fat grated cheese = £3
4 x Baked Beans = £2
Carrots/courgettes/onions/tomatos/salad and any other Veggies = £5
Fruits = £3

Total cost = £30

I think you could live on that for a week easily! :D

x

ps thats just a suggested list, obv you can mix and match other options into it - as long as you have enough calcium and fibre - maybe buy some soups, or swap the cheese for milk etc!

x

also if you like couscous you can get a bag from morrisons for 62p then add your own flavours which is what i do,

there is a 7 day student menu on the website with lots of ideas for good value on-plan meals!

Buy seasonal fruit and vegetables, so parsnips, leeks, carrots, swede at the moment - british and cheap. Salad stuff is expensive and tastes of nothing just now, I buy the vine ripened tomatoes to get some taste but they cost a lot and I wouldn't suggest it on a budget, even a lettuce costs a quid right now!

On the SW website is a student meal planner for the week which has some fab budget ideas, worth a look.

I don't budget but I do try not to waste anything and never throw anything away so I really think it's do-able!

Back