1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Extra Easy Is it possible

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by The Punisher, 4 March 2010 Social URL.

1. The Punisher

The Punisher Full Member

to follow the Extra Easy plan with a weekly budget of around £30?
    I want to give the plan a try, but as it's bang in between paydays, funds are pretty tight. i've got a rough food budget of £25-30 each week for the next fortnight.
    Is it possible to follow EE on what I think is a pretty meagre budget-even if it is just to feed me!
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. big bear

big bear A bear on a mission!

Start Weight:
    slimming world
    Should be ok. Get the offers on fruit/veg at supermarkets.

Minced meat do chilli/spag bol.
    Get chicken thighs rather than breasts just peel of the skin you can then make curries etc. or buy a whole chicken think they're on offer in Asda for £2 (maybe that was last week)

Pasta bakes, SW chips, Omelettes
  4. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

I think so,

You would perhaps buy something along the following lines:

1kg budget brand pasta = £1
    Value couscous (2 portions) = £1
    Chicken fillets - usually 3 packs cost £7
    Extra Lean Mince beef 500g =£3
    Cereal bars £4
    Jacket Potatos = £1
    Pack of half fat grated cheese = £3
    4 x Baked Beans = £2
    Carrots/courgettes/onions/tomatos/salad and any other Veggies = £5
    Fruits = £3

Total cost = £30

I think you could live on that for a week easily! :D

5. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

ps thats just a suggested list, obv you can mix and match other options into it - as long as you have enough calcium and fibre - maybe buy some soups, or swap the cheese for milk etc!

6. ronniejacobs

ronniejacobs Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    also if you like couscous you can get a bag from morrisons for 62p then add your own flavours which is what i do,
  7. *angie*

*angie* loves food and cooking

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World and 5:2 (not together)
    there is a 7 day student menu on the website with lots of ideas for good value on-plan meals!
  8. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Buy seasonal fruit and vegetables, so parsnips, leeks, carrots, swede at the moment - british and cheap. Salad stuff is expensive and tastes of nothing just now, I buy the vine ripened tomatoes to get some taste but they cost a lot and I wouldn't suggest it on a budget, even a lettuce costs a quid right now!

On the SW website is a student meal planner for the week which has some fab budget ideas, worth a look.

I don't budget but I do try not to waste anything and never throw anything away so I really think it's do-able!
  9. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Wise minds Angie! Cross posted.
  10. The Punisher

The Punisher Full Member

I don't attend classes anymore so i don't have access to the website. I'm kicking myself that i didn't print that menu! :mad:
  11. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.