is it working already?

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by pd7707, 2 March 2011 Social URL.

1. pd7707

pd7707 Full Member

Start Weight:
    60kg
    Current Weight:
    60kg
    Goal Weight:
    53kg
    Lost(%):
    0kg(0%)
    Diet:
    atkins
    i started on monday, but till yesterday evening i used to add onion in my salads. yesterday after i checked with you i got spring onions instead.
    this morning my electronic scales showed - 2 lb-
    is it possible? i can`t believe it. i eat more meat than even in my life, usually i would eat only chicken breast and low fat ham.and i have no cravings for the forbidden foods.
    i tried to drink at least 8 glasses of water. usually 2 before any meal. it makes me feel full and i don`t eat as much as i usually would.
    i love this forum!!!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. girlygirl1

girlygirl1 Banned

Well done! Enjoy your new 'diet' plan xx

4. pd7707

pd7707 Full Member

Start Weight:
    60kg
    Current Weight:
    60kg
    Goal Weight:
    53kg
    Lost(%):
    0kg(0%)
    Diet:
    atkins
    thanks. i am not sure if it is just water but i guess so. even so i am in the time of the month when i usually weigh 1-2 lb more. so it is just great that my scales show -2 -lb my usual weight.

today i got some chicken breat leftovers for breakfast. then 3 rashers crispi grilled bacon, and a lot of water. didn`t have time for slad but will have one in the evening, with 200 gr homemade meatballs. i bought the meat myself and waited the buther to make my herbs mince meat.
    i am happy to eat all this greasy food ;)

5. *Michael*

*Michael* Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(25.13%)
    Diet:
    Low carb, now calorie counting
    The only way from here is DOWN! :)

6. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Stick to it and you'll have a great loss on your first week :)

7. girlygirl1

girlygirl1 Banned

Yep just enjoy it!

When people first come to Atkins they are often amazed at how much they can eat and still lose weight, particularly in the first week. This 'diet' is about eating! Not starving.

The best diet in the world! ha ha x

8. pd7707

pd7707 Full Member

Start Weight:
    60kg
    Current Weight:
    60kg
    Goal Weight:
    53kg
    Lost(%):
    0kg(0%)
    Diet:
    atkins
    thanks everyone. i was a bit dishearted when my scales showed i gained back the weight i lost. but i don`t really care abouth the scales. i can feel it and see it. 3 more cms and i will fit the dress for my sister`s wedding.
    what is more important i will stick to atkins. i never lost 4 cm-s from my waist for 8 days before. it`s amazing. i do enjoy everything about atkins so far. i miss some carbs, true. but i will gradually increase my carbs after the induction. i felt so proud with myself last night.i went with a friend for a dinner in mayfair. it was the international women`s day, not only the pancake day. so i loved the grilled salmon with a few green leaves and plain water.
    the best part was this morning in the hotel, we went for breakfast and while the rest of girls went for fruits and yougurt i happily loaded my plate with grilled smoked bacon, poached eggs, and few button mushrooms. of course i didn`t mention any diet or something. it`s nasty may be, but i truly enjoyed the envious comments about my "unhealthy and fatty brekkie"
    i love it. and i do feel great.
    the only thing is that lately i have a very bad cutting pain below my right ribs. it is where the gold bladder is supposed to be. the pain last for a min or two, but is severe and i can`t even breath when it happens.
    anyone with the same experience?
    thanks

9. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    I'd see a Dr about that pain, I never had anything like that, just don't mention Atkins, at most say low carb

10. pd7707

pd7707 Full Member

Start Weight:
    60kg
    Current Weight:
    60kg
    Goal Weight:
    53kg
    Lost(%):
    0kg(0%)
    Diet:
    atkins
    previous problem with my pancreas

i think i will see a doctor. won`t tell him anything, just low carb. i know whatwill be the reaction when they here Atkins. and i don`t really need to lie. i am on low carb diet.
    but the pain is really nasty. it attact when i don`t expect it and i need to bend andd hold my breath.
    hopefully it will be gone tomorrow

11. sorcha

sorcha Likes to change diets...

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.47%)
    Diet:
    Started with LL, then Exante, then Atkins now Exante...again!
    Yes I would go to your Drs about that pain.

Loved the bit in your post about your breakfast!!lol

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.