Is the Claire Sweeney program thingy on tonight?

I enjoyed watching it, but it got me thinking that she put it on very quickly without binging, so that leads me to think she must not eat very much at all to start with. It did make me feel more motivated, especially the blood pressure part of it.

I agree with a lot of the comments, it was an interesting programme but it does just go to show that giving yourself free rein over your appetite will pile the weight on... quick scary really !
I liked her attitude, she was down to earth and it really shocked her when she went to America and was told that she would have to have loads of liposuction in order to be accepted.
What a weird world we live in !!!

I missed the last 15 mind of this, how did it end? did they show how she lost it again?

its wasnt just the chane in her body either, but in her mind it had a negative affect on her

It didn't show you her weightloss journey but it did say that she is working hard to lose the last half stone now

can i jsut add, i THINK she is 5'8, thats what it says on the internet anyway and if she is her bmi has gone from 21, which is pretty damn low to 24.something and for everyone who checks theirs we all know this is still in the healthy range. madness

Yeah she only went up to about just under 12 stone, for her height that isn't overweight.

lol, its rediculous really that they are classing a bmi of 21 as normal and a bmi of 24 as fat. that means im currently the same bmi as her just about when she was at her biggest. its a joke

BMI gets confusing - it used to be 20-25 but now other places say 18-25 or 18-23!

I remember a long time ago I went to the doctors with an ear infection so I needed antibiotics. This was when I was about 23st or thereabouts and most of my appointment was her weighing me and measuring my height and then putting into the computer that my ideal weight should be a BMI of 21 - about 10st I think. How ridiculously mental that sounded back then! I wasn't dieting and was secretly pretty depressed and that really didn't help tsch :p

yes its rather distracting when the doctors/nurses seem more interested in measuring bmi than what youve actually gone to see them for. at 10stone 12 when i started i had a bmi of 26, JUST overweight and the nurse really gloated in telling me i was overweight when it really was irrelevant. very unproffesional

it was a real good programme and very motervating i rekon she pulled off the gain as shes soooo pretty! but yeh about the bmi aparently mines 30 and im 5'8 and a size 12-14 and need to loose 3 stone according to nurse but i think they dont look at actual bone structures and frames its just a guideline. :) x

There was one thing she said that really rang true to me. That was when she said that once she starts eating chocs/sweets etc she simply can't stop.

I guess it's the 1 thing I have in common with her! I CAN'T have a small square of choc. A treat size bar etc. Once I've had some, if it is there I'll finish it.

I guess I'm one of those who just can't have it in the house!

I really enjoyed it Iput my weigh onin exactly the same place have rounded tum and bum and my face bloats but I have slim limbs think I need to up the exercise and ditch the lager and wine

I enjoyed it too. It was nice to see the weight go on for a change, normally in these programmes its all about loosing weight but when she put it on it was like looking back at my body with the rounded tum and the flabby back and fat face!!
Given me more determination to excercise as well as diet.

My OH couldn't believe how much she put on in a short time! I could! I've done it, but it's made him a tad more sympathetic, and he's agreed to join me in a healthy eating programme. He doesn't see that walking round the garden can't be classed as exercise tho!

thats what i thought starlight. people like that dont have treats and stuff like normall people there so strict.though she looked good with a bit of weight on her

I wasn't that shocked about the amount she had put on in 6 weeks (considering I put on 5 and a half lbs over the 3 weeks over Xmas and New Year - without eating simply what I wanted but allowing myself treats) but was shocked by her blood pressure!!

I think the reason why she put so much on in such a short space of time and why she went to norm blood pressure to high blood pressure was due to

1) She had such a strict exercise and eating regime before the 6 weeks

2) In my experience, after eating low amounts/exercising lots for a period of time and then you start to eat loads and do no exercise - the body puts a lot of weight on at first and then the rate of weight increase slows down - If she had continued for another 6 weeks - I would expect her to put on another 2 stone.

I don't think it was to do with how much she was eating but rather what she was eating (although how anyone can class a whole tube of pringles at almost 1000 cals as a snack as not eating much - lol). We know from experience that you can lose weight eating plenty as long as it's the right foods.

I thought she looked terrible by comparison not because of the weight she'd put on but where on her body she'd gained it. Booze and high fat meant she ended up looking pregnant. Men might love curves but a big gut has never been a preference in any magazine poll. The type of food she was eating would have seriously affected her mood too so that can't be totally attributed to weight gain.

I disagree with BMI as a measurement entirely - a couple of my friends are runners and their high muscle mass means that for their height they are overweight when in reality there's hardly an ounce of fat on them.

You know when you're the right weight when you feel fit, healthy and happy and some nurse who generally could probably stand to lose a bit of timber themselves shouldn't be telling you otherwise.

I'll get off my soapbox now lol

Back