Is there anyone out there who's not cheating?

Sunshine Singer

Dropped White Sugar & Feeling Fantastic
I just wonder because reading loads of threads, all I'm hearing about is how everyone has cheated! Why would you pay all this money out to keep going off track? I don't get it.

I know we all have our hard times and sometimes we're in situations that are really tough to stay focused but if you're going to give in every time something is waved in front of you how are you going to stay motivated while you work up the plans and after?

I'm not saying that I'm finding CD easy. Yes, in the comfort of your own home or your routine, it's pretty easy but when out in the big wide world we are going to be faced with every food we've ever eaten over and over again for the rest of our lives.

I spent the whole day out with a friend and was surrounded by food all the time. The sight of it, the smells, people walking past with it, sitting down with it, packages of goodies displayed beautifully. But not once did I contemplate having it because for now this is a way of life for me. I'm not going to be miserable about it.

I remember the week before starting CD, I was away on holiday and decided enough was enough. I'd been eating to match everyone elses 3 huge meals a day and emailed my CDC to say I want to start asap. I NEVER want to feel that heavy and uncomfortable again. I NEVER want to shy away from having a photo taken for fear that I'll look like a hefalump. I NEVER want some one to take a photo of me again and say 'look at your lovely chubby, chubby cheaks'.

So I'm staying on plan. I chose 810 as I knew i would keep on track for as long as i need to and am enjoying the results. So if you're truely struggling why stay on ss and constantly fall off the wagon and have this battle in your head every time?

I really admire those that do SS because having tried it briefly last year, I couldn't do it long term.

Ranting I know but today wasn't easy for me but I want to go to my goal more than i want to cheat.

I've not cheated once but I'm only at end of week 3. I really really want to do this too and I'm terrified to cheat but socially it is hard. I'm avoiding all contact with food which isn't normal. I've also booked a 3 week holiday in July which I'm worrying about and people I don't know very well are taking me out for a meal next month as a thank you for something I did for them and I can't really get out of it. so I agree I really want to do this but it is hard. I also think the battle is in my head too.

It depends what you mean by cheating... I've had a couple of off plan meals - but they were concious decisions and planned in advance. Other than that I've stuck to the diet 100%. I agree, the only person you cheat is yourself, so it isn't worth it. But I do know how hard it can be at times to resist.

Hi Broxi,
Well done you for staying on tarck and having such determination. Please don't think that I feel we should all be perfect and sometimes we slip but when it's over and over.......I just don't get it.

For your dinner out....get the menu online and bring it to your CDC. I've done this. She will show you what the best options are so you don't go flying off in some crazy direction. For your holiday talk to your CDC about using the 1200 or 1500 plan so at least you'll keep your weigh stable after all that hard work and may even lose a bit on the way.

Thanks for replying hun. It's great to hear how you're doing. Keep up the good work. Try not to hide away from food tho as you're right, it's nit normal and will make it harder for when you do have to face it

xxx

Hi Sunshine

I can understand you're having a tough time right now and you're brilliant for sticking to it but everyone is not the same. There are people who are struggling and deal with it in a different way, and they need the encouragement to get back on track without everyone making them feel even more guilty, that just makes em wanna cheat more, certainly its the case for me.
I do feel I have had a horrible week with illness and 3 little ones being ill, and I couldnt cope with SS but did my best to eat properly and still lost 2lbs which is still a loss. So, its different for anyone, I dont think the people who cheat are not going to succeed, but the ones who have the courage to go back on it are strongest.

R

Hi Sunshine,

I enjoyed reading your post - and I find it hard to read posts where people have cheated over and over.

I am only on day 3 - but do not want to cheat at all. I am SS, and I decided to do this as I need to address my 'relationship' with food. I know when I give up other things (smoking) that if I have one it leads to another!! Therefore, I am going to skick with this!

Thanks for your info about the 1500 diet, as I have a holiday coming up in June. However, I am going to decide when I get there if I will go up on the calorie front!

Broxi - you are doing great and I hope I will do the same.

Bx

Hi Sunshine, thanks for advice about hols. I do need to sort my head out and my relationship with food as I want to sort out my weight problem and obsession with food forever. But I'm finding it hard to deal with life when it's not revolving round food. Working on it though- just early days I suppose. x

Me me me me..... :) Im not cheating and not intending to either. I wanna get to my goal quick n intime for summer.

I know what you mean though and i totally agree that cd is tough as it is, but cheating n falling off the wagon every second day makes it even more tough.

Ive been feeling totally crap today. Although Ive stayed 100% i still didnt have a loss last wk :(.... and today its totm and had bad diarrhoea... Another argument with hubby etc... in short it has been a really challenging day today and at times i really felt weak n wanted to give in. Then i came here.... honest to god it was full of people givin info about how theyve cheated, what they ate, eating and still losing weight and restarting for the 100th time.... I deliberatley logged off and tried keeping myself busy with other stuff.

I feel cd is a mind game. You need to get your priorities right, know what you want, stay focused and stop feeling sorry or feeling deprived. Its a matter of choice not force. x

Mrs Scofalot.....that certainly does count. You see that's brilliant and you're determined to make the changes and fit CD into your lifestyle. Thanks for posting, this is what I need to hear more of. xxx

Shopaholic, I understand that and had a planned day off in my first week booked from months before I started CD. But I think it's what has kept me on track since because I felt so sick afterwards and the next day my head was wrecked. It just wasn't worth it and I'm not going to go there again.

See, none of us are perfect, we all make mistakes, slip up's, decisions etc......but someof us do it once or twice and some of us post every day they've cheated. I know we are all different and I'm not judging anyone (who the hell am i to judge) but i just have been reading over and over on various threads, 100% or not people listing all the foods they've tucked into throughout the day in detail???????? x

Hey,
I'm not on CD yet but plan to start it next month and I understand how difficult the first few weeks can be. However I think you're not taking into account that some people who cheat may have personal issues going on. Having said that, many people who cheat are on SS and you're on 810, which is still limited in calories, however people on SS are on total food replacement whereas you have a meal to look forward to in the evening.

I just feel that we shouldn't judge people who cheat on CD as they come here for support and this thread may be seen as being as being an attack on those who do sometimes cheat.

Thanks LadyB, I'm same about this as you. I used to smoke and can't even have one. I feel a bit like an alcoholic with this food thing now. I've been reading some books from Overeaters Anonymous which are quite interesting albeit a bit obsessive the other way. But I need something to sort out my thinking about food.

I NEVER cheated, I wanted to get to the end as quickly as I could, I stuck to it 100%, wouldn't even have lemon in my soda water - hubby would go back to the bar and ask for a another one! Some people can do this, others want other options, either way its up the the individual person, as long as the end result is what is wanted, it doesn't really matter.

Personally, I think "cheating" makes it harder because all we are cheating is ourselves, but at the end of the day, life goes on, life gets in the way, and if we are happy doing what we are doing, what does it matter in the whole scheme of things?

I have cancer, I have been diagnosed with it again for the 6th time, been living with it since 1998, and I feel that life is worth living, and worth living to the best of our abilities. So only "you" can judge which way you want to "do" the diet or even "live" your life.

This, obviously, is my own personal take on this and I am sorry if I have offended, or upset anyone, but we only have one chance at life, we only go this way once, and we have to grab it while we can, and live it to the full, there is no second chance x x

I'm very sorry to hear that Eclipse. I had cancer too and I know how it feels but mine never came back, thank God. It does put everything into perspective though especially things like vanity which is so futile and superficial. Anyway you've done great with your weight loss and if you don't mind I'll pray for you every night about your illness because I do believe in its power.

Hi Sunshine

I can understand you're having a tough time right now and you're brilliant for sticking to it but everyone is not the same. There are people who are struggling and deal with it in a different way, and they need the encouragement to get back on track without everyone making them feel even more guilty, that just makes em wanna cheat more, certainly its the case for me.
I do feel I have had a horrible week with illness and 3 little ones being ill, and I couldnt cope with SS but did my best to eat properly and still lost 2lbs which is still a loss. So, its different for anyone, I dont think the people who cheat are not going to succeed, but the ones who have the courage to go back on it are strongest.

R

Hun, you've had a tough week being sick just when you've wated to get back on track. Sods law!!! But if you ask for a kick up the bum on here thats exactly what you'll get. Same as if you ask for peeps to go gentle with you, thats exactly what you'll get. You asked for a kick up the bum and you've just said that it makes you want to cheat more. That's confusing to me xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey,
I'm not on CD yet but plan to start it next month and I understand how difficult the first few weeks can be. However I think you're not taking into account that some people who cheat may have personal issues going on. Having said that, many people who cheat are on SS and you're on 810, which is still limited in calories, however people on SS are on total food replacement whereas you have a meal to look forward to in the evening.

I just feel that we shouldn't judge people who cheat on CD as they come here for support and this thread may be seen as being as being an attack on those who do sometimes cheat.

very well said! I have had a few planned meals on my aamw that were obviously not on plan and once or twice I have had some sliced chicken or an extra pack during a difficult time. Once I was stuck without my packs on the train for 9 hours with no access to anything but the food cart and had a chicken sandwich! Doesn't make me any less serious about losing weight. I knew when I started this journey I would be doing it for at least 7 months. That's a very long time on ss, and I'm proud to have stuck to it this long. Honestly, posts like these can seem really unsupportive and critical, especially to those who do struggle!

have to say thought sunshine and I am glad that you have brought this to some peoples attention because I have been staying away from this forum over the last few weeks as I have felt that people are cheating more and more and posting about it on here and then still loosing which is not what I want to hear (read)

So well done you for posting this and also being brave enough to say something!

Hey SS,
Just read more of your posts properly, I agree that people should avoid cheating on numerous occasions (i.e. every day) but I think it's probably more to do with frame of mind. To do SS, I feel you have to be mentally prepared and I feel that this is a major factor as to whether you choose to cheat constantly or not. However, in saying that there are some people who will blip if they're feeling low or have personal problems and so I feel that we should be supportive as many people don't have the support at home.

Last edited:
I don't think Sunshine meant to be critical. I think it's just depressing for us all to come on here and read about food. I think we should be able to be honest with each other as it is a struggle but I think she means people who are always cheating because they're not really doing it then are they? Perhaps there should be a cheating thread for when people need encouragement when they have succumbed to food!

Back