Is this a scam?

I had this email, purporting to come from Morrisons. I am 99% certain it is a scam, but I am checking.

Meanwhile, beware if you get a similar email.

This email is intended to inform you that there is a new offer at Morrisons Store.

This is a 2 weeks time offer.Register your card online at Home - Morrisons and you will get 15% discount when using your card to pay in our stores.

Thank you for shopping with us!
Morrisons Team

honestly i would never register a card online to get a discount in store - i go to the store regularly and have never heard of this one.

I know someone who is a computer techie, & taught me a good trick. Just place the mouse over where it asks you to click, BUT DONT ACTUALLY CLICK, JUST HOVER. The sender's address will highlight, & invariably its some gobbledegook address. The last time I had one, purporting to be from Lloyds TSB, the sender address was Nigeria!

there is also a hsbc one going around again, i got an email off them asking me to verify my bank detials, i am with first direct so did not but people that dont know and assume that they are the same (cos hsbc own first direct) could get pulled in

yep iv had the HSBC one also, twice now. i phoned them direct and i sent the email onto thier scam department!

Also, a heads up! littlewoods scam also going.. i could have fallen for that one as i have had an account in the past, but i dont have one anymore, so again i phoned them and they said it was a scam aswell as a virus!

they tend to use the same name or logo, but i would neve verify my details, not even personal ones. Just phone direct if you have any doubt. x

its called fishing. Your email address is leaked from somwhere, and they send mass emails, because for every 5 people for example, 2 or 3 might littlewood accounts etc.. so 1 or 2 of them, could fall for it.

Out of all of them littlewoods was the most convincing, had i had an account, i proberly would have concidered it real.

x

Flipping good one, everything is the same except morrisons is .co.uk & the link is .com, my sister has just left Morrisons (now head of marking at Asda!) & I'd have probably been tempted to follow the link as I've got a discount card & sign up for their newletters. Just shows you can't be too careful!

ahhh, we had one of those as mums x partner got a part time job there.. i loved getting 15% off. Not anymore tho lol Small price to pay to get rid of the ******* though i must admit :D

Any email asking you to follow a link to confirm any card, bank or personal emails is invariably a scam.

Everyone's got so used to doing everything online they can forget about the risks if something looks legitimate. Can you imagine giving you bank details to someone who knocked on your door saying they were from your bank?!!

I'm always forwarding things to the scam or phising reporting addresses- most companies tend to have one these days, I always think if it's a real risk they'll notify their customers!

grr it makes me so mad that these swines pretty much get away scott free when doing this to people ... some folk just don't understand the damage that they can cause or if they do know they just don't care!!! I'm the same as some of the other posters, I never put any card details in unless I am 100% sure that I'm dealing with the right people!! Sorry if it sounds like a rant but it just drives me crazy :) xxx

Back