HexA x2 28g cheese
350ml skimmed milk

Bananas x 2
Salad
Tomatoes

Chicken breast
Tinned spaghetti
Joes sausage

The sausage is allowed with the spaghetti because each are free on eitehr green or red. Is that right?

U need alot more superfree there to make it success express maybe double the amount that u have had so far x

Looks more like Extra Easy than anything to me. As mentioned, you need a lot more Superfree food on the Success Express plan. 2/3 of your plate needs to be superfree. Hope this helps xx

also if i remember correctly you choose to follow either a red based day or a green based day, not both together on one day and if you have any syns you count the higher syn value for whatever day you are on. please correct me if i am wrong but this is how i followed it when i did it 2 weeks ago :)

I thought you just selected a plan for each meal - eg Red breakfast, Green lunch, Red tea and stuck to the syn values for the relevant plan? Or am I thinking of something else?

that was the mix to max plan but you may be right for this also, hopefully someone can shed some light. i did have a handout about it from our consultant but i cant find it now i want to look at it lol :(

Ah here we are:

The basic rules forSuccess Express:
- Have 3 meals a day
- At each meal choose Original or Green Free Foods - both together if you like
- Fill 1 third of your plate with Original or Green Free Foods
- Fill 2 thirds of your plate with Superfree Foods
- Add 3/4 Healthy Extras each day
- Choose your syns for the day
- Snacks, starters and desserts that aren’t Superfree or Healthy Extras are counted as Syns, eg smoked salmon as a starter would be counted as Syns because it isn’t Superfree. A starter such as melon is Superfree.
- Where something has different syn level for Original and Green count the highest the number of syns.

also if i remember correctly you choose to follow either a red based day or a green based day, not both together on one day and if you have any syns you count the higher syn value for whatever day you are on. please correct me if i am wrong but this is how i followed it when i did it 2 weeks ago :)

It says you can have food from red and green which is why I'm confused. Because on red the sausage is free but syned on green; but the spaghetti is the other way round. But SE says you can have both together? So in theory I can have both without syning one? I've had 15 syns and counted them at the highest, so I got that bit right!

Looks more like Extra Easy than anything to me. As mentioned, you need a lot more Superfree food on the Success Express plan. 2/3 of your plate needs to be superfree. Hope this helps xx
Hmm, it looks like EE but I'm having 4 hexs instead of 2.
So, is success express in effect EE, but with 2 more hexs, higher syn values and more fruit and veg? Thats how I understood it, so I'm having lots more salad etc.

It says you can have food from red and green which is why I'm confused. Because on red the sausage is free but syned on green; but the spaghetti is the other way round. But SE says you can have both together? So in theory I can have both without syning one? I've had 15 syns and counted them at the highest, so I got that bit right!

As she said: "if you have any syns you count the higher syn value for whatever day you are on" - so if the sausages are free on Red (ie Joe's as no other sausages are free) that's fine as there are no syns, same for the spaghetti as that's free on Green. But anything that's NOT free on EITHER day you syn at the HIGHER value (This is different to EE on which you syn at the LOWER value)

AS FAR AS I UNDERSTAND

If the sausages are free on a red day, then they are free...

If the sausages have any syns, (ie, 1 on red 13 on green) you need to take the higher syn value.

The spaghetti is free on green, so is free.

So, the sausage and spaghetti together is fine.... as long as you had 2/3rds SUPERFREE with it.

The chicken is free, as long as you had 2/3rds SUPERFREE with it.

If you used your bread and cheese for a sandwich, that's fine (and you don't need the superfree with it - because it is 2 healthy extras and no free food)

Sorry if I've made some assumptions about what you've eaten with what, but hope this helps.

Hmm, it looks like EE but I'm having 4 hexs instead of 2.
So, is success express in effect EE, but with 2 more hexs, higher syn values and more fruit and veg? Thats how I understood it, so I'm having lots more salad etc.

Yeah your plate needs to be two thirds full of superfree stuff.

you had no sf for breakfast none planned for tea as others have said 2/3rds sf 1/3rd free red/green or mix of both so that would not be success express day

No offence intended to anyone who has posted on this thread, but the answers seem a bit mixed and confusing.

Why don't you check out the following thread, I found it very informative and a lot less confusing. It also contains pictures of how your plate should look, with regards to the 2/3 Superfree rule, etc. http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/200528-success-express.html

xx

No offence intended to anyone who has posted on this thread, but the answers seem a bit mixed and confusing.

Why don't you check out the following thread, I found it very informative and a lot less confusing. It also contains pictures of how your plate should look, with regards to the 2/3 Superfree rule, etc. http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/200528-success-express.html

xx

Mm to be fair I wouldnt say that was all that clear either - why divide the 2/3 Superfree into two separate lots of one third? :confused: The first time I read it I thought it only meant one lot of 1/3 superfree. Also that picture IMO only has 1/2 Superfree on it anyway.

Mm to be fair I wouldnt say that was all that clear either - why divide the 2/3 Superfree into two separate lots of one third? :confused: The first time I read it I thought it only meant one lot of 1/3 superfree. Also that picture IMO only has 1/2 Superfree on it anyway.

I find the description/rules of the plan a lot more fluent than any on this thread, but that could just be me.

♥ EACH MEAL MUST HAVE 2/3 OF THE PLATE FULL OF SUPER FREE FOODS

♥ 1/3 OF YOUR PLATE MUST BE FREE FOODS FROM THE GREEN & ORIGINAL PLAN (YOU CAN ENJOY FOOD FROM BOTH PLANS OR FROM JUST ONE IF YOU WISH).

♥ CHOOSE YOUR HEALTHY EXTRAS. CHOOSE 1 OR 2 HEALTHY EXTRA A CHOICES & 2 HEALTHY EXTRA B CHOICES (THESE CAN BE USED AS PART OF THE MEAL).

♥ ANY SNACKS YOU EAT INBETWEEN MEALS MUST BE ONLY SUPERFREE FOODS (FOR EXAMPLE FRUIT & SYN FREE YOGURTS).

♥ STILL ENJOY BETWEEN 5-15 SYNS A DAY (ONLY RULE ON SUCCESS EXPRESS IS YOU HAVE TO COUNT THE HIGHER SYN VALUE..........FOR EXAMPLE IF YOU WERE TO HAVE A SAUSAGE THEN YOU WOULD COUNT THE SYNS AS A GREEN DAY).

There are a lot more pictures & meal ideas on the other pages, not just the first. I appreciate not everyone may find it useful, but I did, so I figured someone else probably would too.

I find the description/rules of the plan a lot more fluent than any on this thread, but that could just be me.

♥ EACH MEAL MUST HAVE 2/3 OF THE PLATE FULL OF SUPER FREE FOODS

♥ 1/3 OF YOUR PLATE MUST BE FREE FOODS FROM THE GREEN & ORIGINAL PLAN (YOU CAN ENJOY FOOD FROM BOTH PLANS OR FROM JUST ONE IF YOU WISH).

♥ CHOOSE YOUR HEALTHY EXTRAS. CHOOSE 1 OR 2 HEALTHY EXTRA A CHOICES & 2 HEALTHY EXTRA B CHOICES (THESE CAN BE USED AS PART OF THE MEAL).

♥ ANY SNACKS YOU EAT INBETWEEN MEALS MUST BE ONLY SUPERFREE FOODS (FOR EXAMPLE FRUIT & SYN FREE YOGURTS).

♥ STILL ENJOY BETWEEN 5-15 SYNS A DAY (ONLY RULE ON SUCCESS EXPRESS IS YOU HAVE TO COUNT THE HIGHER SYN VALUE..........FOR EXAMPLE IF YOU WERE TO HAVE A SAUSAGE THEN YOU WOULD COUNT THE SYNS AS A GREEN DAY).

There are a lot more pictures & meal ideas on the other pages, not just the first. I appreciate not everyone may find it useful, but I did, so I figured someone else probably would too.

This is much clearer but is based on the old definitions of superfree. The new definition makes the line about syn free yogurts invalid. There are now some foods which are free on both plans but not Superfree!! Like eggs, FF yogurt etc. Just to confuse everyone nicely :D

Back