Is this the quietest board? Lets turn it around!

Well hello ladies, forgot to post my loss yesterday only another 1lb but I did have the worst weekend food wise! Must try harder this week LOL!!

Well done Kaylalou :woohoo:A pound off is great hun :)

I've got my last appointment with Weight Management at the hospital this morning. Been attending there for almost 2 years now. Will feel strange not having to trek all the way over the city once a month lol
xx

Well as well as going to RC I am still seeing my dietician too. I have decided that I need the added support.

Told here I was going to RC class and she said that she thought that it was a good idea to have other people who to get ideas from and have that weekly support. Only see my dietician once a month. :grouphugg:

So is your WM at the hospital similar to a dietician? Don't answer if you don't want to am just interested. How come your stopping going? Have you reached your target now? You weight loss has been amazing! :D

Anywho good luck for today. :p
xx

Its a scheme run by Greater Glasgow Health board, and its multi disciplinary, as in there are physios, dieticians and psychologists available to everyone. Its group sessions, mainly taken by either the physio or the dietician. Its really all about helping people change their lifestyles and helping them lose weight. It has 3 phases, phase 1 lasted 18 weeks, phase 2 lasted 3 months, and the last phase lasts 13 months. I enjoy going and would happily keep going lol But I'm at the end of phase 3, so its buh bye :D Although they did tell us last month, that we can be referred back to the service in a years time...I won't be doing that :D
I've not set myself a target, as in the past when I've done that I've always ended up sabotaging my efforts :rolleyes:. So my thinking is that by not setting myself targets or goals, then there is no pressure on myeslf, I can just get on with losing weight. I would still like to lose more though :D
xx

Haha yeah wouldn't we all!! (loose more weight that is)

Well my dietician is an ongoing thing, one to one with Maureen who is marvellous very supportive! I have cried, laughed and found out things about my eating habits i never new. I swear its like seeing a shrink for Weight problems. I have an hour appoint every time I go and the whole session is down to me. Whether I get weighed, what i want to talk about. Plus i fill in trackers and we look at what i am eating etc.

I think your 3 phase system sounds interesting, I ended up going to the RC classes for the group support. With yours you already have that. So how did you get on today? Was it sad being your last session?

I am just aiming for sizes, weight is a bit irrelevant for me. I just want to wear a size 16 pear of jeans. After that will see how I do.

The thing though with the weight management classes, is that they were monthly ( except for the first phase, and then they were fortnightly. It all comes down to money though, Health Board can't afford to do them weekly, even though there is a need for it :rolleyes:)
Weekly support was the main reason for me joining RC too, that and I love the salsacise class too :D
I was sad at my class this morning, 9 of us were discharged in total today. Kim, who took our class has asked if I would be willing to come back occasionally and speak to groups that are ongoing, about my experience of the weight management scheme:eek: I surprised myself even more when I said yep, stick me on the phone list :eek::eek: :D
x

Haha! Thats great!
Obviously your confidence is really high now with the weight that you have lost.

Plus its always great to chat weith people and give them the boost that loosing weight can be done and your there to proove it!

Big thumbs up to you!!!

Hi,

Hope you dont mind me joining, this RC thread seems to be the most active.

you'r all doing so well keep it up.

About me

tried all diets going SW,WW Akins, Maple syrup, nthing seems to have worked so my mum asked me to go allong with her to RC last week i must admit when i first read the FAF booklet i was like WHAT im never going to do that i be starvy, but so far so good and im enjoying it.

Anyone have anytips for evening meals as this is where i struggle (not a lover of fish)

thanks

Hi Jen09, I'm new to RC as well, so not got much experience of the menus (and can't stomach fish either), but the mushroom and pasta bake from the official RC website is lovely (its listed on the recipe page).

Which fish have you tried? I only ask as often some people have maybe tried white fish but not tuna, swordfish, trout or salmon. We had some lovely trout the other night, just a small steak each, steamed in the microwave steamer. Not as strong as Salmon and cheaper too!

Anyway, evening meals... Here are some I tend to do (all designed for one person, just double the amounts for two)

Chicken -
115g chicken breast, cubed, dry fried with green peppers, asparagus (when in season, which is now!), sugar snap peas, spring onion, baby corn, and any veg you fancy. Don't overdo the chicken, once it's white on all sides, add the veg. Then add some dark soy sauce over it, give it a couple of minutes, then add about 1/4 packet of Blue Dragon Spring Onion and Oyster Sauce, with plenty of cracked black pepper in it, and add a little water if you need to thin it out a bit.

In the mean time, also boil 2floz of basmati rice in a pan of water with a chicken or veg stock cube dissolved.

---

Take a small chicken breast. dip it in seasoned flour (so flour plus salt, pepper, any herbs you fancy). Then in a hot pan spray a little oil and put the chicken in. Get it browned on all sides and looking semi crispy. Then put onto a baking tray and put into a preheated oven at 180 deg C, for 10 minutes. Check it's cooked through before eating, but 10 minutes should have it perfect, still moist but cooked.

I tend to serve dry stir fried veg and either new potatoes or a small portion of pasta with a little basil pesto.

---

Bolognaise - lowest fat steak mince you can find, fry it up and then drain off the fat (although if it's low fat enough I wouldn't as some of the 'fat' is actually meat juice and adds to the taste). If I don't have time to make the tomato sauce from scratch then I keep a few jars of Bertolli peccorino pasta sauce, which is low fat and very nice (good for pizzas too!). Throw in as much veg as you can too.

---
Same as above but instead look at Discovery chilli sauce, and serve with rice.

---
Low fat pork mince, mixed with seasoning and herbs and rolled into meat balls. I then cook them on the George Foreman, heat up some tomato sauce with extra veg and add the meat balls once cooked. Then add that to pasta. Just don't eat too many meatballs!

---

Prawns (not sure if you include that under the not liking fish) are low calorie and really low fat. This week I did a salad, slightly warmed prawns and egg noodles, with a sweet chilli sauce over the noodles and prawns.

Prawns are also great with a low fat carbonara sauce (Sainsbury's one is okay), plus some green pepper, spring onion, sweetcorn and pasta. If not prawns, go for chicken, or both.

---

A small steak with all the fat trimmed off. Fried, then add a little worcester sauce once it's done. This plus salad and new potatoes is great.

---

Low fat burger (pork or beef, I love the Aberdeen angus ones from M&S), grilled or george foreman'd. Then either in a bun or a small pitta bread, with lettuce, tomato and cucumber. I use a little low fat cheese on it as a treat (allowed after the FAF).

Hope there's something there of use!

hi jen 09 the rc board pretty good at present best ive known it since I joined
sarah gr8 ideas 4 meals I do stir fry s alo t so easy to do arent they?. also do alot of quorn dishes bol,lasagne etc also for aquick meal tuna pasta with dash mayo and sweetcorn
allibalibee,kay well done with the weight management youve done fantastic Allibalibee bet you feel anew person and to ask you to go back to do atalk it proves how well you've done
I had a loss of 1.5 not gr8 but unable to do exercise at class at min
due to health reasons so not too bad with diet alone have agr8
weekend everyone and WELCOME to the new members on this board>

Thanks all, i'l give them ago they sound great!!!

Sarah, As for fish, i'm just a fussy cow i'v not even tried most lol, i think fish fingers (not any more) or salmon fishcake is about afar as i go as for fresh salmon iv not even tried that prehaps i should be more adventures!!!!

Hey wilyn 1.5 loss is better than gain thats what i say keep it up x

To be fair a lot of people don't fancy the idea of cooking or dealing with fish. Salmon is nice and it doesn't require any extra sauce, but it can take a bit of getting used to. If you're going to venture into other fish then I'd try Salmon or Trout (not rainbow, I got Scottish loch Trout last week - very nice!), or if you don't want it as fish then maybe try a tuna or swordfish steak. These are a lot more meaty. I personally prefer swordfish as it's just a little lighter than tuna, but you wouldn't really know you were eating fish! Both are good on the BBQ too.

A pound and a half off is a fab loss wilyn, well done hun :D
xxx

Sorry wilyn, missed your reply earlier (been one of those weekends!). Well done on the loss, especially without the exercise.

Off for my induction to the gym tomorrow. I'm sure I'll sweat a few pounds off if nothing else!

Sarah those recepie ideas are fantastic have printed off your post! Also Well done on your weight loss!

Jen09 welcome to the wonderful world of RC!

Wilyn fantastic weight loss hun well done you

Everyone else hope you had a fab weekend!

Kayla
x

Wohoo another 2lb gone this week :D

YAY !! Well done Sarah :party0011::party0011::party0011: I meant to thank you earlier too for the recipe ideas .
Got my weigh in tonight, so shall report back later :)
xx

Well done Sarah looks like that gym induction paid off.

i really need to get back to the gym although i have been doin the RC DVD workouts daily so fingers crossed that may help.

W.I. tonight and I lost 2½lbs this week. Am more than very happy, as I've now lost 7 stone :D

Back