It all starts now...!

My God, I would be starving off that menu. Two Finn Crisp and half a LCL for breakfast :eek: I hope you are not going hungry xx

That's what I had on my other fast day and it went fine! Gonna keep mixing it up though on fast days so next time, think I'll have porridge. I think it's down to what works best for people tbh- I'd quite happily know I might be a little bit peckish until dinner time knowing for the next 3 days, I can do as I please :) xx

Yeah I've got a diary but don't know how to link on my phone! So got through my first "fast" yesterday and it wasn't too bad, went slightly over at 512 cals. Today I'm going to loosely follow slimming world and aim for round 1500 cals going to use Mfp as well just to check. Good luck today sounds like a good one :) xx

Woohoo well done you! Will do a search on your posts when I'm home tonight and pop by to subscribe to your diary! :) xx

Woohoo well done you! Will do a search on your posts when I'm home tonight and pop by to subscribe to your diary! :) xx

Sounds good joanne! Fair play. So basically, its one normal day, one fast day, one normal day, one fast day and then three normal days? I wonder how it works because those three normal days at the end could be disastrous for me!

Well done for sticking it! :) x

Sounds good joanne! Fair play. So basically, its one normal day, one fast day, one normal day, one fast day and then three normal days? I wonder how it works because those three normal days at the end could be disastrous for me!

Well done for sticking it! :) x

No you can do the fast days whenever you like! I've just chosen Mondays and Thursdays for me (with the exception of this week when it was Tuesday and Thursday) but you can change them each week if you wanted. It's 5 normal days (eat whatever you want AKA Food / Feast days) and 2 fast days (500 cals) :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

No you can do the fast days whenever you like! I've just chosen Mondays and Thursdays for me (with the exception of this week when it was Tuesday and Thursday) but you can change them each week if you wanted. It's 5 normal days (eat whatever you want) and 2 fast days (500 cals) :) xx

Oh, I see! But either way your going to have a few normal days in a row aren't you? X

Oh, I see! But either way your going to have a few normal days in a row aren't you? X

Yes! Which is good lol! :D basically eat whatever you like on those days, that's the beauty of it. Does seem strange after following SW but i'm loving this diet so far xx

Whichday are you weighing in now Joanne? I really don't understand how it can work, so it will be interesting to see how you get on xx

Whichday are you weighing in now Joanne? I really don't understand how it can work, so it will be interesting to see how you get on xx

Basically it works because you don't make up for the calories you've lost on the 500 days (unless you eat like a horse) seen as you are only eating a third of what is recommended. It gives your body and metabolism a kick up the ass too.

I've got 2 friends who have done it for a good while, one has lost 3 stone and the other is just over a stone. I'm weighing in on Fridays, but I'm a serial weigher so check myself daily. This morning, I was 2lb down..and that was after a weekend in London, this week being star week and a feast day yesterday :)

If this works for me- the plan is to loose a couple of stone on it at least, and then slowly reintroduce some SW methods xx

Basically it works because you don't make up for the calories you've lost on the 500 days (unless you eat like a horse) seen as you are only eating a third of what is recommended. It gives your body and metabolism a kick up the ass too.

I've got 2 friends who have done it for a good while, one has lost 3 stone and the other is just over a stone. I'm weighing in on Fridays, but I'm a serial weigher so check myself daily. This morning, I was 2lb down..and that was after a weekend in London, this week being star week and a feast day yesterday :)

If this works for me- the plan is to loose a couple of stone on it at least, and then slowly reintroduce some SW methods xx

I can't wait to see if it works! I would definitely be open to trying it :)

It wouldn't work for me, as the thought of "eat what you want days" just bring to mind, McDonalds, chocolate, takeaways, white bread and butter...:giggle:

You're doing really well though! Can't wait to see how you do in the next few weeks :) xx

It wouldn't work for me, as the thought of "eat what you want days" just bring to mind, McDonalds, chocolate, takeaways, white bread and butter...:giggle:

You're doing really well though! Can't wait to see how you do in the next few weeks :) xx

Fair enough, we're all different! Similarly, Red and Green days don't float my boat :D I will be having things like that but I can manage with moderation and 'bad' things being once in a while xx

How are you doing on "feast" days I'm trying not to go mad. The eating whatever you want would not work well for me lol x

How are you doing on "feast" days I'm trying not to go mad. The eating whatever you want would not work well for me lol x

Tomorrow will only be my 3rd one but generally, all my meals are the stuff you'll find on from earlier in this diary tbh when I was strictly SW, just cos I kind of go to automatic pilot lol, knowing what I like etc. :) Little tweaks if I want them, like I wanted white bread with my sandwich so I used that, and last night I had mini eggs which I wouldn't normally have on top of a chocolate bar! Star week has always made me go for chocolate! Im happier knowing i have the freedom though, if i have a busy social weekend or fancy a takeaway etc, i can have it guilt free Xx

Last edited:
Tomorrow will only be my 3rd one but generally, all my meals are the stuff you'll find on from earlier in this diary tbh when I was strictly SW, just cos I kind of go to automatic pilot lol, knowing what I like etc. :) Little tweaks if I want them, like I wanted white bread with my sandwich so I used that, and last night I had mini eggs which I wouldn't normally have on top of a chocolate bar! Star week has always made me go for chocolate! Im happier knowing i have the freedom though, if i have a busy social weekend or fancy a takeaway etc, i can have it guilt free Xx

That sounds like a good plan that's what I'm going to do I think! As at the minutes everytime I was over syns on slimming world I ended up feeling guilty and chucking it in! Least this way I know if I'm over I should still be able to recover! Having a drink tomorrow night, just wondering wether I should give a "fast" day a go with a hangover on saturday or will it be too hard! Xx

That sounds like a good plan that's what I'm going to do I think! As at the minutes everytime I was over syns on slimming world I ended up feeling guilty and chucking it in! Least this way I know if I'm over I should still be able to recover! Having a drink tomorrow night, just wondering wether I should give a "fast" day a go with a hangover on saturday or will it be too hard! Xx

Yes that was exactly me!! Weigh in tomorrow, a little bit excited (how sad haha) I'd say try the fast on Saturday, if that's what you had planned. If you feel that you can't do it on the day then no problem, you can just change the day :)

Just got home from the cinema- last thing I ate was my soup at 7pm and took a Pepsi max with me. Proud moment as I felt fine! Didn't miss my usual Ice Blast and sweets :D xx

And the result is....4lb loss in a week! Super thrilled as:

- Weightloss had ground to a halt
- IF has been surprisingly, super easy
- Between WIs was an indulgent weekend in London
- This week is TOTM

:D

Feast Day..

Breakfast

Coco Shreddies, SS Milk and a Banana

Dinner

Chickpea and Mixed Bean Salad
2 Babybel Light
Lemon Greek Style Muller

Tea

Asian Pork Stir-Fry
Home Made Sticky Toffee Pudding

Snacks

Roasted Nut Tracker Bar
Treat size Twirl Bar
2 x Alpen Lights
Bounty

Last edited:
Awesome loss, well done!! :D xx

Thanks :D I've now got my 2.5 stone award back..yay! Now to beast the 3 stone which I've never quite managed! xx

Last edited:
Back