It could have been me.............

slendablenda

Gold Member
I have said before that every day something happens to remind me of the amazing change in my life.
We have a basement car park where I work. Previously I would have always taken the lift to the second floor, now I use the stairs, usually wearing heels.
Today as I walked up to the ground floor I passed a colleague who had stopped for a breather. She was hot a flustered and breathless. I remember that feeling when you hope no-one will come along and speak to you.
As I passed the main entrance on the ground floor another colleague was struggling up the few steps to the front door. She had just got out of a taxi because she can't walk to work any more. Both these ladies are a similar size to how I was previously.
I thanked my lucky stars and skipped up to the second floor.
I just want to tell everyone about LL.

You smashed it SB doesn't it feel good :) keep going hun

Hi
The same thought crossed my mind today - twice.
I was walking behind some big man who was really struggling, and felt really sorry as he looked so fed up.

Then later at my daughters club the leader there is a lovely, but large lady, again looking uncomfy in the heat

I so wanted to say - 'do Lighter Life!!!' to them.....

Maybe one day I will brave enough to do so, lol! x

Brilliant and very inspirational!!! xxxx

Yup, I get this every day when I see poor big blokes and ladies wadling along the street, I just want to run up to them and say "HEY! It doesn't have to be like this!!" but we can't do it for them; best to just use it as a reminder of what we all went through, and why we never ever want to go back there again.

i've also noticed recently that i dont struggle so much when doing stairs on the underground. its so liberating.

Inspirational SB indeed.

I was looking through some old holiday photo's and video on my laptop the other day. I could not believe how fat I was. I think I finally see myself now as a thin person and that old fat person is in the past. Happy days!

I have felt like doing the same when I see larger people struggling. Must say though this is the first time I have really enjoyed the heat. I'm not hot and sweaty, trying to find something cool but covering all to wear. Now it's t-shirts and cropped trousers and I don't give it a second thought.

Donna

The way i feel at the moment i think i will always see myself as a fat person. But if that feeling changes i will post it on here.

Back