Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

It could have been me.............

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by slendablenda, 8 July 2010 Social URL.

1. slendablenda

slendablenda Gold Member

Diet:
    lighterlife
    I have said before that every day something happens to remind me of the amazing change in my life.
    We have a basement car park where I work. Previously I would have always taken the lift to the second floor, now I use the stairs, usually wearing heels.
    Today as I walked up to the ground floor I passed a colleague who had stopped for a breather. She was hot a flustered and breathless. I remember that feeling when you hope no-one will come along and speak to you.
    As I passed the main entrance on the ground floor another colleague was struggling up the few steps to the front door. She had just got out of a taxi because she can't walk to work any more. Both these ladies are a similar size to how I was previously.
    I thanked my lucky stars and skipped up to the second floor.
    I just want to tell everyone about LL.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kenshin112

kenshin112 Gotta Make A Change

Diet:
    Total Solution
    You smashed it SB doesn't it feel good :) keep going hun

4. daisydoll

daisydoll Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(14.94%)
    Diet:
    was LL now diet chef
    Hi
    The same thought crossed my mind today - twice.
    I was walking behind some big man who was really struggling, and felt really sorry as he looked so fed up.

Then later at my daughters club the leader there is a lovely, but large lady, again looking uncomfy in the heat

I so wanted to say - 'do Lighter Life!!!' to them.....

Maybe one day I will brave enough to do so, lol! x

5. Preeti77

Preeti77 Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(16.67%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life Total
    Brilliant and very inspirational!!! xxxx

6. pete10141748

pete10141748 Postaholic

Diet:
    LighterLife for Men (VLCD)
    Yup, I get this every day when I see poor big blokes and ladies wadling along the street, I just want to run up to them and say "HEY! It doesn't have to be like this!!" but we can't do it for them; best to just use it as a reminder of what we all went through, and why we never ever want to go back there again.

7. Dazzle

Dazzle Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6lb(18.48%)
    Diet:
    lighter life
    i've also noticed recently that i dont struggle so much when doing stairs on the underground. its so liberating.

8. Morticia

Morticia Happy in my own skin

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    9st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(30.6%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Inspirational SB indeed.

I was looking through some old holiday photo's and video on my laptop the other day. I could not believe how fat I was. I think I finally see myself now as a thin person and that old fat person is in the past. Happy days!

9. Donnamw

Donnamw Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.38%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS
    I have felt like doing the same when I see larger people struggling. Must say though this is the first time I have really enjoyed the heat. I'm not hot and sweaty, trying to find something cool but covering all to wear. Now it's t-shirts and cropped trousers and I don't give it a second thought.

Donna

10. Dazzle

Dazzle Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6lb(18.48%)
    Diet:
    lighter life
    The way i feel at the moment i think i will always see myself as a fat person. But if that feeling changes i will post it on here.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.