It drives me nuts......

vixmania41999

Silver Member
the amount of takeaway leaflets we get at this house. About 2 a day i'd say. Its rediculous. I'm not really tempted by them (well not very often anyway lol) but its just so damn annoying!!! I want to put a sign up saying no leaflets pls!!!! GGGRRR

We have the same problem here, it's insane, at least three a day and regularly more than one of each.

Our local councillor was doing the rounds the other day so I complained!

Well done Allie, unfortunately I've lived in the area all my life so know where the takeaways are lol. Only fell off the takeaway wagon a couple of times since starting SW though, and its usually chinese within my syns if I do.

I don't blame you for complaining MissO, I'd do the same, we even get them with our mail now since the postoffice lifted the junk mail restriction. As soon as the come through the door they go in the bin now!!!

I have a recycling box right next to the front door.

You can get signs to put up - "no junk mail" or you can make your own. But quite a few of the people who deliver the leaflets don't have English as their first language, so it might not help.

I found that after I shot the last junk leaflet delivery type person, and mounted his head on a pike by the front door, I've not had any problems.

Perhaps it might work for you?

Living in student halls last year we used to get handfuls put under the door at once, and being students no-one ever picked them up either so we had a mountain when we left!

Crazy deals as well because they know that students just go into the pile and pick out the cheapest when they want something. Buy one get 3 free pizzas anyone?

I'm due to move into a brand spanking new house next week so I should be really excited...but I'm not; it's a one minute walk to Dominoes Pizza :/

I found that after I shot the last junk leaflet delivery type person, and mounted his head on a pike by the front door, I've not had any problems.

Perhaps it might work for you?

I am delighted with this suggestion, and clearly you got away with it. Mitigating circumstances? :D

Go and get some sw leaflets from your consultant and spend a day doing the rounds on all the local takeaways.. and make sure they get an entire batch of each, so they know how it feels!

Great Idea Fern!!!!

Back