It'll take more than a burst appendix to keep me down!!

BrittW

Timelord
Heya Everyone!

I hope you're well!

So i'm back at work and have made a full recovery after my appendix burst 2 weeks ago.

The story goes;
Sunday night I had some tummy pain but thought it was nothing. Monday 1st November I went to work and was in agony! I was sent home and had a doctors appointment.
She felt around and said my appendix was very tender and sent me to hospital.

I spent 5 hours in normal A&E but was then transfered to major injuries so they could give me morphine for the pain as tablets weren't touching it.

Then later that evening I was transfered to a ward and was left there for 36 hours in pain, drugged up and told all surgeons were busy.

hen in the early hours of Wednesday morning (3/11)I bolted upright screaming. I was crying and nothing they were giving me was helping. I was then taken down to theatre.
The surgeon then made a small incision and as he did, my appendix burst.

I then spend 3 1/2 hours in theatre while they cleared it all up.
I woke up the next morning a bit hazy and on a lot of drugs.
I spent the next few days in hospital recovering and then was released on Friday 5/11.

I had a week off work (and a week of diet sadly!) and have finally come back to work today.

I've been making cakes in my time off. (Not eating them though! Been pawning them off to loved ones!) I'll post a few pics in a bit.

But yeah, that's where i've been!
Did ya miss me? :)

Britt xoxo

Welcome back hun, glad you're all better x

Pleased you're back, but make sure you take it easy!

They took their time sorting it out didnt they? Glad you're ok now and resisting yummy cakes!! :)

I'm done with resting lol.

I'm ok, back at work, tired a lot but other than that i'm good :)

Glad u feel ok!! Can't beleive they left it
To go to the point of bursting!!! It's dangerous when it bursts cuz of the poisons goin round ya body pah idiots!!!

At least ur ok that's what matters!!!

:)

Back