It's a Long, Long Road To Wander All Alone...so I am here. My Diary

Hi all :)

dobro practice is going well as always. Slowly getting there.

Glad you've had a good break!

It's my 21st birthday on Sunday so I was out this evening for a meal. I am not one for partying :)

Oh, happy birthday! Did you have a good time? I reckon I've worked out the book keeping problem, but still have to do some work on it. Have a good one sweetheart!

I am so pleased for you, that really is lovely news! Can I ask what made it so good?
Liam- by crafty rearrangement of a few figures, I am exiting this book keeping torture tomorrow morning, whilst hopefully retaining some dignity with my accountant!
(I do know what to do differently this financial year!)
Went for nice long walk with girl friend this arvo, otherwise just figures, but tomorrow we fly to Melbourne, yay holidays!

Wow! And I thought the election here was mad...

Well, Friday evening I went out for a meal with my grandmother, a friend of my grandmother who was staying with us, and the couple who come over each week to sing and play music. Normally it would just be four of us on the Friday, but with my grandma's friend there it made it extra special. She was a hoot! Saturday was a quiet day...Sunday (the day of my birthday) wasn't the greatest day, but I had lots of lovely birthday wishes from my internet friends and uni friends, and those are still continuing to come in. Including from one of my dobro playing idols :D

That does sound pretty good! Ok, the lady from Wales is back in as Prime Minister, three independents supporting the Labour party, but their support isn't total, so the stability is questionable. That said, she was looking great during an interview tonight- sharp shooting, not ducking hard questions. Maybe it will be all right?

Hi Liam,

I've had a fantastic day today, hope yours is too! The Greens blocked a major policy of Labour's today- 1st day in power- interesting times!

Sorry not to have visited but on a major mood dip and didnt want to bring you down - with your birthday and all
really glad you had such a lovely evening :)

Hi all,

sorry to hear of your troubles. try to keep positive.

All is well here in Wales (on the whole) - returning to university in a couple of weeks :D :( :( :) :S :D

Heya hun, happy birthday!! (tad late)
How's it going?
You packed and ready for uni? or am I the only one that packs like a month ahead of time (and still forgets stuff).

hey hey :)
thanks for the birthday wishes.

I haven't packed for uni yet lol - but you seem to be more the norm...I still have two more weeks

I do get homesick. It's about 3 1/2 hours travel by train. Sometimes I go home at weekends. It very much will depends on my timetable.

Liam my daughter was so bad at uni that after the first month I bought her a car and took it up :):)
then she came home once and we didnt see her again until the xmas - it was just knowing she could come home that made the difference
this year is going to be such a good one for you
do you need to go back and see the doc before you go back to uni :)

Hiya Liam! Do you share a room at Uni? Do you have to prepare your own meals, buy food, wash your own clothes?
We saw a wedding on the beach this afternoon, you should have seen all the women trying to walk with their high heels!

Yep, one more visit to the doctor before I go back.

I have my own bedroom and shower/toilet :D
Self catering, shared kitchen...

OH!
I have decided that I am going to spend my birthday money on sessions with a personal trainer at the uni sports centre!!!!!!!!

OMG!!!!! :D I am so happy!

Next month I am going to be attending a bluegrass weekend, including a workshop with ROB ICKES the on of the greatest dobro players in the world.

Back