It's a Long, Long Road To Wander All Alone...so I am here. My Diary

Argh I want to get back to university.
I feel unwell. Need to exercise and/or get the hell out of the house...cabin fever. Sometime it sucks to live in the middle of nowhere

it feels like the middle of nowhere...which is nice in a way, but it is isolated. I live in a village of about 500 people or so, and don't have any friends here.

I'm going back on the 10th of January.

Currently I am in bed, ill. Think it's because of undercooked meat...

Aw hope you feel better soon. Who did the cooking?
You could go for a walk at home, didn't we do that in the summer. I'm taking my evening strolls back up, need to get arse back in gear.
I'm with you though, can't wait to go back to Uni!
You have any holiday essays to get done?

I cooked the meat...
To be honest I've NEVER liked cooking meat. Best left to other people.

I guess I should go out, but it's too cold and icy. Well it's getting better now. Shall see how the weather is tomorrow. If I feel well enough to go out.

No essays, but I have lots of research work to do for my dissertation, plus studying for exams. What about you?

LTLT man! low temperature, long time! lol. Chicken's easy to cook, because it just goes from pink to white, some other things are a wee bit tricker. How are you feeling now?

I just went for a tiny walk, should probably go out properly in a bit really.

I have one essay and some research, and some reading, but I think I'm going to ignore that, I refuse to read 'great expectations' if we're only going to study it for one, one hour lesson...what a joke.

How's the weather? we've just gotten rid of the last of the frost todya, thank goodness!

It was gammon.
LTLT..yep that sounds about right.
I managed to get out for a 10 minute walk =)

the weather is rather mild. it was nice

Ahh gammon's a bugger to cook! It doesn't really change colour.

Nice one on the walk! I never did go for the second walk, bit ****, but I'll try harder tomorrow!

Is curing smoking meat? How come you need to cook it afterwards?

The skip arrived at the new place today. Talk about magic, it sort of slid of the truck, and the chap could control where it was going to about ten cms! Anyhow, then we had to carry out all the floor coverings, and throw them down a floor, hopefully into the skip. (And pick all the bits up that landed elsewhere and put them in the skip!) Some of the carpet we had to cut up a bit, to get it through doorways, it sucked really. Tonight I've got to email my uncle to find out what else we are meant to be doing there.
Had a bit of a light bulb moment this morning, instead of thinking about what I'd like to be, I thought about how far I'd come in the past decade. A very long way! Perhaps we should look backwards as well as towards the future sometimes!
I have been trying to organise my books, and am hoping to finish it tonight. Some things cannot be hurried!
We will be staying home tonight, not a big fan of New Years Eve!
What about you?

I am having a very similar new years.
Home is the best place to be.

I think that is a very wise attitude to take. It's certainly helped me when I have been going through a difficult time. we often develop in areas that we didn't expect.

As for the meat, I don't know how it's cured, but it's not smoked, this I am certain of.

It sounds like you're having a lot of work to do. I don't envy that my friend :) :p

Good afternoon :)
err I haven't been up long...no not New Year partying, just overslept...
how are you?

Oversleeping's good! I am by nature nocternal I think, always revert back to staying up late, getting up late when I can! Ha- when I was in grade 3, our teacher was teaching us the meaning of "nocternal", and said that Arabella's (a not very popular class mate) mother had said she was nocternal- I still remember all the nasty guesses to it's meaning, the teacher had to cut that session short!
My nephew is arriving in a little while for a visit- I have a difficult relationship with his mum, (my sister), and am feeling more than slightly anxious!
Have a good day sweetboy!

Back