It's a Long, Long Road To Wander All Alone...so I am here. My Diary

Aye, the weather's turned cold again, or it has in SWales anyway. Not good times. Have a munch on some fruit and drink plenty of water and you'll get sprted in no time :)

Liam, you are on page three! We gotta get back on track. My eating has been shocking too, but it's all changing. How about joining me? Move is over, all ok, but there are about a billion things a day to do/solve, and I don't even have the comfort of familiar surroundings. Anyhow, long, long weekend, four days, yay! Hope you are having a good one!
PS- the shocker pollie who didn't know what xenophobia was has just announced she is returning to politics. Gawd!

Hope that you're ok.
I am fine, at home for now. My eating is a lot better here than at uni.
Have a nice weekend.

I think everyone's struggling with eating at the moment, I don't know what it is...can't blame xmas anymore...
How's uni going? I have a massive essay due monday that I'm skitzing about.

How's the new surgery minus?

Hope today is a good one, Liam, how long are you home for?
The new place is lovely, Pink, but not finished, and it's beginning to get on my nerves now. It shouldn't be long! Good luck for the essay!

Liam - yehh....I'm no longer giving up bread ;)
How's you?

Heyhoo
I am home until Monday...unless there is another rail strike :p

What's your essay on? Wait until you have to do a dissertation, that's when it gets ugly :p (lol to be fair it isn't that bad)

How many strikes have there been? We haven't had any type of industrial action here, but, the new budget is being delivered in May, and there are warnings already that there will be big job cuts, so things might be getting bad after that. Are you working at home? Did you get your exam results?

There have been two so far, possibly another one today and tomorrow (infuriating! the train drivers actually get pretty good pay - probably better than most uni graduates will get)

I am trying to do work at home, but mainly playing music... :p

Aye, bloomin' strikes! My friend got stuck in Bangor during the first one.
The essay is on 19th century literature, mostly the poetry of the Romantic movement. It's actually really interesting, I'm concentrating on the representation of childhood and how it reflects the social changes occuring at the time. But I'm well over my word count, I haven't written my conclusion yet, and I don't know what to cut out. I also need to finish my annotated bibliography...blah.

You just working on your dis, or a separate essay? (supposed to be working, anyway lol).

I never get how people struggle with a bibliography to be honest...

Yep, got an essay due on the 21st of March on the far right in France in the mid to late 1930s.

Yeh, referencing is pretty easy once you get the hang of it. Just these bloomin' annotated ones, where you have to sum up the book in 100 words, I'd rather just have the extra words for the essay tbh.

Sounds...interesting, lol. At least you've got a while yet to do it ;)

Oh...I have never had to do that...I thought you meant general citations...(amazed how some people still struggle with that even in 3rd year).

It seems a bit odd that they don't get you to review the literature in the main body of the essay, oh well :)

Yep...just got to do dissertation work too =/

Aye, well it was supposed to be a 4000 word essay, but people whined, so she changed it to 2,500 with a 1,500 annotated bibliography. However, I emailed and begged, so she's let me do a 3000 word essay and a 1000 A-bib....I've still gone over my word counts for both though, I really could have done with just a longer essay tbh. Oh wellllll!

How's the dis going? Hitting target weekly word counts and all of that fun stuff?

Been for any walks recently? I've not, but I might go for one in a bit.

Hope your day is going well, Liam, and that you are getting heaps of work done. (No, I did not finish my urgent paperwork today. But I did start it!) How is your eating going?

How far over the word count did you go?
Err my dissertation is slowly happening. It'll get there sooner or later.
I haven't been for a walk for a few days...as I have been home...that's not really an excuse.
As for my eating, it's much better since I have been home. I think that I can keep it up.

Back