Its all gone to pot!

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by kingflab, 29 December 2008 Social URL.

1. kingflab

kingflab Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    My own invention!
    My weight loss programme seems to have gone balls up this last week. I've had a 21st birthday and christmas to celebrate, which has meant a bit of an excess of food and alcohol.

I've gained 3lbs, so I need to get back on track with the diet again.

I was wondering though, my metabolism seemed to have slowed down quite a lot in the final week before the great christmas binge; would that mean it might have now sped up to deal with the mass intake? Meaning if I go back to the diet, I should lose quite a few pounds in the first two weeks?

I really hate christmas. I now have 15 bottles of vintage wine, 1 bottle of fine whisky, and 2 bottles of port, all staring at me from the other side of the room... *closes eyes*
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Rachel L

Rachel L Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Calorie counting
    One of the best pieces of advice i have read on here is that the weight that goes on fast comes off fast.
    I am calorie counting and have slowed the diet down before christmas and then come off it completely for a week. I have had a great time and managed to get the scales up by three pounds. I also know it is now time to stop. I have dieted for two days and already the scales are showing the three pounds gained have now gone again. As long as i now stick to the diet i will be fine.
    I'm planning new years eve evening and new years day off the diet but then straight back on.
    For me the trick is to make sure i get straight back to the diet. In the past the week off has carried on for much longer and then the weight takes hold and is a lot harder to shift.
    I know i still have problems with over eating when i come off the diet but i am hoping this will improve over time.
  4. totty

totty Personal Trainer

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    My own
    chill :flirt2:

it will soon come back get your backside into gear lol :8855:
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.