It's Christmaaaaaaaaaaaaas!!! What's allowed?

echoburning

21/M/Bolton
Hi everyone,

On the whole, i'm quite good at knowing what I can and can't eat, but we're having a Christmas dinner on Xmas Eve and just wanted make sure I didn't mess up on induction.

I know people say carrots should be given a miss during induction, is that the same for parsnips?

And if parsnips ARE allowed how would you recommend cooking them. My mum does a glaze with honey and roasts them which i expect isn't allowed.

I can always stick to salad greens tbh, not that fussed but if i can why not?:D

Deffo no parsnips!!! And OMG no to honey glazed anything Echo. ;)

Jim says clean and green during induction - that means two mugs of salad and one mug of allowed veg (see the sticky above 'so you're thinking of starting Atkins') and the rest is meat (so all the turkey and ham you can stuff yourself with), eggs, a little pate and a little cheese (counting carbs all the way)!

Are you just starting induction this week - do you have to start now? Seems a difficult time to choose to start it, unless you have willpower to burn! :D

Haha, thanks!
I thought that would be the case but thought I'd double check.

With regards to will power, we don't actually celebrate Christmas, but we love a good Turkey dinner and it's the only time of the year halal butchers seem to do Turkey so we get into the spirit of things but thankfully the house isn't full of other contraband!

Clean and green it is then!:D

Tut Tut son, you know parsnips with honey glaze is a no no. :D

Back