'It's not going to work unless you're hungry' - anyone else heard similar?!

I've found that I eat MORE on the plan than I ever did before I joined SW lol.

And have you ever noticed that people questioning it's effectiveness are usually overweight and eating a pasty or sausage roll when they're trying to put the boot in?

I'm 9st lighter now than I was, and most the people around me have actually joined SW themselves now lol. It's just a matter of education.

There's always going to be someone who says "you can't be eating that if you're on a diet" or "you're trying to loose weight - are you sure you should be eating so much". But that's one of the beauties of food optimising.

And in my opinion, if you're food optimising and you're feeling hungry - then you're doing something wrong. :)

The other week my mum did a breakfast for my aunties bday. I made the eggs and tomatoes making them SW friendly. I also had my measured amount of cheese and some Quorn sausages and smoked salmon. I didn't have any of the champagne or cakes. But I did fill my plate right up and ate loads of fruit!

Later my mum's friend said "you're looking thin! How've you done it?" I said "I'm doing slimming world". She went "Ah yes Slimming World," as if she knew it like an old friend. Then just went "What happened today then?"

Yeah, recently had a family party so flexible syns were in order. Ate scan bran and light cheese triangles (hexa and hexb) before going so I could have a little of what I wanted. Prob ate 5 items at the party, 1 of which was a tiny meringue with a little cream and got "I bet that's got lots of syns in".
Just because I'm thinking about and making choices on my food intake, she seems to be watching my food for me. Love her to bits but frequent jibes about my food choices is getting on my nerves.

Believe me this works both ways lol! I get the 'I thought you were on a diet' comments because I'm eating pasta or potatoes and my other half who is a weightlifter and in seriously good shape gets the 'why are you drink those protein shakes? They don't work you know' when he's having a shake mid morning (he's on a keto diet). I mean seriously people - look at him! He's been training 10 years, is absolutely shredded with an 8 pack and you have a belly hanging over your trousers whilst tucking into your McDonalds

My mum is the best, years ago I remember a family party and she had a plate full of ham, crab sticks, salad, boiled eggs, all the usual red day fare when my cousin came out with the typical 'day off the diet, eh?' type comment to which my mum swiftly picked up 2 eggs from her plate and asked him to open his mouth and bend over so she could inset one either end to stop his whining and moaning and let the rest of us get on in peace! He was suitably silenced!
I might have to bring some hard bolied eggs into the office tomorrow!!!

I love this thread, so many people comment and say you're not allowed that or thought you were on a diet just because you've treated yourself to something like a pack of crisps or chocolate bar grrrrrr xxx

Back