It's Now Or Never

I love how sweet and innocent u make it all sound, esp when we've already worked out ur a right minx!!!

Well done on ur loss xxx

Lol that did make me laugh. Trust me, my minxing days are very few and far between these days. Just don't get the chance with the bairn, and mostly I can't be arsed either.

Though if a personal trainer were to come on the scene that I felt suited me better, I'd minx the arse off him lol lol

I am sooooooo tired tonight! I walked to and from the childminder's this morning (saving on fuel and trying to adopt this healthy lifestyle business). However, my stupid train had to take a diversion on the way home tonight, which means I have literally just walked in the door. PC was on, so I thought it would be easier to type than poke my finger all over the stupid smart phone screen. Anyhoo, the bairn cycled to and from the childminder's, so he is a happy bunny. It was a lovely walk, I was just too exhausted to appreciate it.

Food today:

Morning cuppa (0.5 syns for milk)

Breakfast:
Mixed fruit, branflakes (HEb) and shape 0 yoghurt.
Liquorice and mint tea.

Snack:
Banana, apple and clementine

Lunch:
Miso soup from Pret a Manger (1.5 syns)
Leftover stir fry

Snack:
Liquorice and mint tea, apple and clementine.

Evening snack:
1oz cheddar (HEa)

Evening meal:
left over fish pie (currently re-heating in the oven, I don't own a microwave) from Sunday. Just realised there is about 2 extra laughing cow cheeses in that - 3 syns?
Glass of wine (it would have been two, but I realised about the laughing cow in time) - 6 syns

Total of 11 syns - which is quite nice.

In total I probably walked about 1hr 40 mins today at a moderate pace.

Have piles of ironing, piles of washing up and quite frankly F@CK IT! I am going to collapse on the sofa and catch up with my superbikes before passing out.

Hope you're all well my lovelies. xxx

OOOH I know how you feel Pinkie, I'm feeling super knackered too! You're a supermum especially with all that energy-draining minxing you did yesterday! Enjoy your rest on the sofa with the superbikes, I'm totally watching The Apprentice tonight and putting my zillions of Year 8 Reports that I have to write to the back of my mind...

That second glass of wine is staring at me - DRINK ME DRINK ME!!!!

I'm going to pour myself a glass of slimline tonic - the wine can wait till tomorrow (leftovers from Saturday night). But oh it is so tempting. The reheated fish pie was lovely - I didn't do any veg with it - but it would have been too much anyway. Sod the superfree tonight. Well, maybe I'll have some fruit to make it up. :)

Oh, I love a good story. Just reading the last couple of days about your minxing and having a good giggle. Glad it worked out well ;)

Well done on your 0.5lb. It's in the right direction which is great. Looking forward to hearing about next weeks losses.

Gail x

Hee hee thanks Gail. Glad you're feeling happier.

Took a break from working hard today, and created a couple of moonpig cards, one for my old boss, and the second for a guy in our team. He is a proper little celebrity stalker, and taking the piss is what we do best. I've attached the front page here, as I was just chuckling to myself about it.

OrderPreviewImage.ashx

Lol, love it. I love all those cards on Moonpig, wish I had the creativity to use them more often, I always just go for the dawnright cheeky ones!! xx

Love all this minxing! Hope you're awesome... and where's the pic of you in the basque?! xx

Ha ha ha - I wouldn't do that to you lot Sausage. There's far too much spilling over on top (back size has dropped 4 inches, boobs - zilch!) to be publicly displaying such images! Still, it might put you all off your dinner, so maybe you'd thank me! ;-)

Right anyway - I did week 5, run 2 this morning - it was just before 10 when I started, so it was definitely warming up. I think I need to avoid the warmer temperatures when I do these runs - certainly while I'm still building up anyway. But I managed to do 2 x 8 minute runs, which is astounding for me! 20 minutes straight on Saturday, I am sort of dreading it, but looking forward to it at the same time. I intend to get out nice and early though, and eat lots of noodles the night before too - my body seems to be happier when I do that. And I do love my noodles - plus I have a load of sliced mushrooms that are begging to be noodled!

I have just realised I haven't eaten lunch - and I know it's not good - but I'm really not very bothered either right now! I am taking the bairn swimming later (after his chess and card games club, get him!) so am treating us both to a kebab on the way home. Maybe I should get a triple this week - I will be ready to demolish it by then! :)

I am also going to use my HEa to make a banana and chocolate ice cream, which I'm rather looking forward to as well. I could have it now, but I suspect the bairn won't forgive me if he knows I've been secretly making ice cream without him.

I have my parents over Sunday for my Mum's birthday - and current thinking is a warm chicken and bacon salad with rosti potatoes. I thought I'd also do another batch of vanilla/banana ice cream, served with some nice berries etc for pudding. I hope I can make enough to go round, the ice cream maker isn't that big!

Anyway, I'll bugger off again now - I just had these thoughts buzzing round my head, and though I should pop them down on paper.

Oh before I go - a little NSV - I tried on an old pair of jeans I last wore over a year ago (and they were far too tight on me then where I had put on a load of weight) - and they now fit perfectly! Still a size 18, it will be another stone or so before I drop to a 16, but I am so pleased. Also an old bra, which I was spilling out of - I am now wearing and it is not too bad - certainly it's decent enough to be worn in public anyway. So maybe I have finally lost a bit off my chest. When I get to 14 stone I will have to get a bra fitting I think, but not before - my bras cost around £30 a pop, and I just don't have the money to throw around right now. And that's before you get the matching knickers, they are usually another £15. I love bravissimo, they do an excellent fitting service, and stock Panache, the only bras that really suit me - but they are soooo expensive! They do a clothing range too - again, horrendously expensive!

Get me Miss Verbose. I really am going now! ;-)

Last edited:
Food for Wednesday.

Breakfast:
Mixed fruit, branflakes (HEb), low fat natural yoghurt.

Snack:
2 (quite frankly not very nice) clementines

Lunch:
Mixed fruit and shape 0 yoghurt.

Dinner:
Large chicke/lamb mixed kebab with lots of salad and a pitta (7 syns)

Later:
Choc (3 syns for options sachet), banana (4 syns) and vanilla ice cream (soya milk - HEa). Think I might have gone a bit mad with my flavours there. I'm still experimenting though. It was so yummy and naughty though, I will forgive myself :)

Total syns: 14
Total exercise: 30 mins on C25K, 30 mins walking bairn to school. Went swimming after school, took my 4 year old nephew too, but don't think bouncing about keeping the two of them in check really counts.

So a good day. I am so determined to keep completely on track this week. Though on reflection I've only gone completely off piste a couple of times since I started nearly 4 months ago. Almost finished preparing tomorrow's lunches and will have what I think might be the last of my lentil soup for tea tomorrow. Am hoping the weather stays good too so I can walk to and from the childminder's again.

My costume has got too big for me btw, how annoying, I feel like I've had hardly any wear out if it! :-(

Food for Thursday -

Breakfast:
Mixed fruit, branflakes (HEb) and shape 0 yoghurt. Liquorice and mint tea.

Snack:
Apple

Lunch:
Salad leaves, lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, beetroot, humous (5 syns), mixed pulses. Liquorice and mint tea.

Snack:
Apple and horrid clementine. Another liquorice and mint tea lol

Tea tonight.....
Lentil soup with a couple if ham slices chopped up and thrown in topped with grated cheddar (HEa). Fruit and yoghurt for pud if I have room.

Had a nice day today NSVwise. I got sod all sleep last night, so I got up really early and went through my wardrobe. I now have a small pile of bits and bobs which are too big. Plus a whole bunch of stuff that I can now fit into. Result - its like getting a free wardrobe. Plus my old team lead said he could really notice the difference now. We did a diet bet a few years ago. I just edged him, and lost 3 stones in 3 months. But it was really hard and I literally starved myself in the last few days before the final weigh in. But I won lol and he had to pay nearly £200 for a meal at Simpsons in the Strand. I am being far more sensible now and the way I'm doing it now is sustainable. Over the following couple of years I put it all bar 3lbs back on. I am just a stubborn barstard who doesn't like losing he he

Anyway, a night of ironing awaits, yay! And I might treat myself to that last glass of wine. :)

** edit I had that glass of wine - and as I'm not so used to it I feel a bit drunk, and craving cigarettes again!!! Argh! Still, I'll take my mind off of it with the ironing and sexy bikers (on the TV, sadly not in real life, if they were here I certainly wouldn't be on a website writing my food down!). So that's 11 syns for the day I believe! I'll take that! :)

Last edited:
Liquorish and mint tea, yum, that sounds good.
I've kept my old cloths as well, mainly jeans and dress trousers. I have 3 pairs that fit me out of 12:cry:
I think when I get to my target weight I will throw out all my large pants as I really dont wont to get large again :D
Enjoy the rest of today.

Hello tech!

Yes I intend to chuck everything as I grow out of it. Which will be really annoying when I am throwing out clothes I've barely worn. But I refuse to have them in the house. That weight will be past - adios non-amigo! Besides, we've all gotta make room for all those fab new clothes and sexy lingerie! :)

Are you doing Slimming World tech?

Oooh great that you can fit into all those old clothes Pinkie, what a great NSV! Well done on your running too, that's ace- I'm sure you will be fine with your 20mins. Your dinner idea for your parents' visit sounds great. How do you do your rosti potatoes? And we would love to see you in the minx basque!!!

Quickie before I pass out on the train home.

Breakfast:
mixed fruit, branflakes (HEb), shape 0 yoghurt

Snack:
Clementine, 2 apples

Lunch:
Jacket potato, baked beads, sweetcorn. Shape 0 yoghurt after.

Snack:
Caramel bunny (5 syns)

So very good so far, plus I met Little Sausage xxx for coffee/tea at lunch, which was lovely. She's a fab chica :)

However, I then met my mate at Liverpool St, went for a pint off of Brick Lane, followed by a curry with a glass of red wine, then another pint. Though for the last drink I ordered a slimline tonic. In the past I'd have kept going then felt sick the whole way home. What's this? Am I learning moderation? Oh actually, I forgot, I also had a small skinny latte and shared a twinpack of shortbread biscuits with my mate. Can't say I'm not nicely fed up for this 20 min run tomorrow!

That's life, I don't get out that often, my diet will have to live with it when I do. But I can still see that some of my behaviours have improved, baby steps and all that! :)

As long as u enjoyed yourself that's the main thing:)

So... Week 5 run 3 today... I'm scared!! Dunno about where u are but it's absolutely pouring with rain here too. Hoping that will inspire me to maybe go quicker lol

Good luck with it, let us know how u get on xxx

Thanks girls. Without meaning to rub it in Laura, its gorgeous here. So I'm about to go out now beforeit gets too hot. Once round farmer's field then head down to my sister's to collect the car from where I left it. I need positive vibes!

Good luck Laura too! Xxx

I DID IT! I DID IT! :) And the weird thing is, it was one if the easiest runs so far, straight up! I did take it incredibly slowly though. I really want to do it again tomorrow morning, assuming I can drag the bairn with me....

Anyway, gonna go get breakfast and have LOADS to do today, visit my Mum for her birthday, my Nan who is in hospital, food shopping, sort new mortgage out plus I need to paint another fence panel and weed one of the flowerbeds as my parents are giving me a bunch of stuff to go in tomorrow when they come for lunch. Plus I have last weekend's bike racing I'm ploughing through, plus more this weekend. Phew!

Back