It's Now Or Never

Pinkie - you DEFINITELY know you can do this. You last post sounds a whole heap more up beat than the one a few hours ago so you're already half way there.

Just a quick thought though. You said:
I've got my usual brick of salad plus my usual brekkie.
If you're having the same brekkie and lunch every day maybe your body is getting used to it. How about shaking it up a bit and trying something different?

Don't know whether this is an appropriate time to say this but I came across this on the internet (& loads of people have it on their sigs too).
Losing weight is hard. Being fat is hard. Choose your hard!
This hit me between the eyes and is what has made the difference to me this time. For me it was VERY hard being fat so losing the weight was a must.

You are doing so well chiqua, your running is brill - there's absolutely no way I could do that! So stir things up a bit, drink LOADS of water and hit the melon and berries for a week and see how it goes.
Group hug coming your way (& Zoe's too!):grouphugg:

And if the pair of you don't get back on bloody track then expect this!
:massmoon:

julesm said:
Yay that's the spirit Pinkie! Straight back on the wagon, well done. It's hard to give yourself a talking to after a gain / falling off the wagon so I think you've done really well at that. And allowing yourself all the syns and planning ahead as you know are good ways of staying on track. Good luck for the next few days, I'm sure you'll soon get back into the swing of things xxxx

Thanks Jules. Back on it is the only way hey? The alternative just isn't an option. Yes I am going to be super kind to myself this week I think. No activities planned which should present a problem. So just lots of hardcore SW lol x

Pommette said:
Pinkie - you DEFINITELY know you can do this. You last post sounds a whole heap more up beat than the one a few hours ago so you're already half way there.

Just a quick thought though. You said:

If you're having the same brekkie and lunch every day maybe your body is getting used to it. How about shaking it up a bit and trying something different?

Don't know whether this is an appropriate time to say this but I came across this on the internet (& loads of people have it on their sigs too).
Losing weight is hard. Being fat is hard. Choose your hard!
This hit me between the eyes and is what has made the difference to me this time. For me it was VERY hard being fat so losing the weight was a must.

You are doing so well chiqua, your running is brill - there's absolutely no way I could do that! So stir things up a bit, drink LOADS of water and hit the melon and berries for a week and see how it goes.
Group hug coming your way (& Zoe's too!):grouphugg:

And if the pair of you don't get back on bloody track then expect this!
:massmoon:

Thanks Pomette. I absolutely adore my fruity breakfast, but think I will try porridge for a change on Friday when I do my next lunchtime run. As for lunch, I have that particular one a couple of days a week, do its not too much of a habit. But point taken. It has occurred to me that I'm not being as adventurous as I was when I started, so I've taken note.

I like that quote, and it is so very true. As I said in response to Jules above, the alternative to losing weight just isn't an option.

My sister has just started dieting and has lost 7lbs in her first week. Basically by cutting out the rubbish. I'm so pleased for her, and it has made me want to dig in even more.

Thanks my little minimin chicas xxxx

Hi Pinkie

We all break the diet sometimes:break_diet: and that's just normal - how boring would life be if we were 100% SW angels :angel09: all the time? You only have to look how fabuloso you have done to realise how much you have achieved so far. That's all you need to get you back on, or a good kick up the bum :asskick:

Don't be hard on yourself, you can shift 3.5lbs easy peasy and at least you're back to it my lovely.

Have a fab week xxxxx

Ooooooh, looks yummy. Except (on a personal level) the beetroot - I guess that's what is turning it pink. I'm very anti beetroot as I don't like all my food turning pink.

What are your beans/pulses?

That salad looks very pretty, but I don't think I've had the opportunity to try some of the things in it, like beetroot, I think that may be something of an English delicacy. ;)

I believe Pommette is right. I have heard about having to change up exercise, but it makes sense to sometimes need to change up foods too!

It's good that you're exploring options to address your symptoms instead of letting that be an excuse. Hopefully the vitamins are helpful!

Good luck to you and well done for getting back on the wagon :)

Right. I've slapped myself about a bit, and pulled myself together. I figured, if my Nan can get through her ordeal, then I can certainly stop being melodramatic about a gain, and get myself on track!

Thank you Penny. I am at Holborn Circus, so had to run down to the embankment first. Used to work round the corner from you though, towards Victoria Street.

Cheers Little Saus. Yes bikes hurr hurr. Next up will be Thurs to Sunday at Silverstone. It's my annual bairn free trip. I def won't be on plan then. Usually drinking from the moment we wake lol I go intend to do at least two runs round the circuit though.

Thank you Molly. :) Whatever has caused it (my own gluttonous tendencies mostly) you are right. I just need to get back on the wagon and all will be ok.

Thanks Zoë. You are right, one day at a time. Consider me your refocus buddy lol

So I've made a start. I've prepared the lunches for tomorrow. Beanie has two wholemeal pitta with humous and loads of veggie sticks. Looks quite scrummy actually. I've got my usual brick of salad plus my usual brekkie. I will allow myself the full 15 syns if I want them.

I have also been thinking about my moods a bit, and I think my body may be moving to new levels if crap pms which evening primrose oil and starflower oil alone aren't dealing with. Had a chat with my Mum to see if she experienced similar in her late thirties. She thinks she may have, but suggested a good multi-vitamin tablet. I think it would be a good start. The doctors will just recommend going on the pill, which has never suited me (I even have a hormone free coil) so I want to explore other, similar options first. It's not the cause of everything, but my pmt is going on over 2 weeks now, and my poor baby is taking the brunt, which isn't fair on him.

So one day at a time. Pack ups sorted for tomorrow, and I've taken the last risotto out of the freezer for tea tomorrow night.

Thanks girls for your support during my wobble. Maybe the big gain is what I needed to kick myself back into gear :-/

hope you don't mind me butting in.i have awful pms and for the last 3 months i have found st johns wort an absolute godsend.i use tescos own but take two every morning after breakfast around 8ish.if i forget by about them i can tell i havn't had them-usually around 10 oclock.

Now I had fleetingly wondered about St John's Wort. I may try that, thank you Pamella. :)

I think beetroot is considered a bit old fashioned, and I do really only eat it in that particular salad. It works well for me though.

So I've been good so far today, though I've had my syns for the day already. Tea is already waiting at home, albeit I have to heat it up. If I get snacky I have some supernoodles in the cupboard. I've eaten loads of fruit and veg today so should be ok for my third superfree.

Been really busy with work which has certainly helped. So in the spirit of one day at a time, I'm nearly at the end of this day. Will try tackle some of the boring ironing when I get in, whilst watching an oldie I bought: 'The Killers'. Gonna aim for an early night though. Going for a run tomorrow along the riverside again. Hope the weather stays nice!

Will post food before bed. Thanks all again for your support. :) xx

That salad looks lovely and I adore beetroot. Adding onto what Pommette said, I wonder if theres something psychological about eating a salad for lunch, even if it's yummy and you enjoy it, your brain thinks that as you've had a salad, you're on a diet.

I really ought to eat more salad though, and yours looks great so might use your idea xxxx

Hi Jules. Yes I always have to psych myself up for it, even though I know I enjoy it everytime. I forgot to get some mugshots/cup noodles this weekend. I wonder if something hot and savoury might work well as a pre-salad appetiser. I feel like I'm being a bit piggy in doing that though.

Anyway, today's food. I have been completely on plan, so that's all good. I probably had a couple of pints of water at work as well.

Early morning:
Hot water and lemon.

Breakfast:
Mixed fruit, branflakes (HEb) and shape zero yoghurt.

Snack:
Banana and apple. Regular capuccino (1/2 HEa).

Lunch:
Aforementioned salad - salad leaves, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, 2 beetroot, 1/2 can mixed pulses, 2 tbspns humous (5 syns).

Snack:
2 apples. 2 x caramel bunnies (10 syns), capuccino (remainder of HEa).

Dinner:
Seafood risotto, with chopped ham, on a huge plate of spinach, which wilted but with just enough crunch left in, gorgeous (pic below).
Mixed fruit and natural yoghurt.
Supernoodles (I didn't really need these, but I put the idea in my head earlier and couldn't settle till I'd had some.)
2 glasses diet tonic water.

IMAG0667-1.jpg

So on plan, but LOADS of food. Still, one day at a time.

Now taking on board suggestions, I thought I'd have some porridge for breakfast tomorrow. My run isn't till lunch and I wanted to see if porridge worked better for me. I measured out the 1oz for HEb which was quite frankly pathetic. So I doubled it and currently have it soaking in half my HEa allowance of soya milk overnight. However, the HEb technically says 1oz porridge oats and a ryvita/scan bran. I have neither if these and wouldn't have a use for them if I did. So I figured for the odd time I have porridge, could I just have a little extra of the porridge rather than a crispbread I don't want? Porridge is 5 syns per oz, and on the basis the HEb is usually around the 6 syns, I reckon I could knock off one of the syns from the synned part of the porridge. I.e. HEb + 4 syns for 56 grams porridge oats. Does that make sense?

We have salmon for tea, with either salad and new potatoes, or bulgar wheat with veg and salad tomorrow night. I may have omlette for lunch too. So I think I have tomorrow sussed too. Plan plan plan and all that. :)

Anyway, its only 1 syn, but I just don't want the sodding ryvita.

Oh and I got as far as sorting the ironing but I'm too shattered to actually do it lol Sadly I don't think its going anywhere....

Last edited:
Your food today sounds absolutely lovely. :) You are right, one day at a time is the way to go!

The porridge idea sounds quite decent to me, but I know nothing about this specific diet! :eek:

Thank you. I know the risotto looks like stodge, but it was yummy.

My mood has completely lifted, and surprise surprise star week has started. I feel like a completely different woman today. So a good day to get myself back on track. Funny how one moment its all crashing down on you, and the next you're lifted back up. Pschizo Pinkie! :)

Anyway Molly, how are you doing over there?

So I figured for the odd time I have porridge, could I just have a little extra of the porridge rather than a crispbread I don't want? Porridge is 5 syns per oz, and on the basis the HEb is usually around the 6 syns, I reckon I could knock off one of the syns from the synned part of the porridge. I.e. HEb + 4 syns for 56 grams porridge oats. Does that make sense?
Perfect sense. Not so sure what a SWC would say but you should be okay. My friend who does SW always has 35 gm of porridge as her HexB as she also deosn't like scan bran, and she reckons that this is perfectly enough. You might find 56 gm is OTT

Pommette said:
Perfect sense. Not so sure what a SWC would say but you should be okay. My friend who does SW always has 35 gm of porridge as her HexB as she also deosn't like scan bran, and she reckons that this is perfectly enough. You might find 56 gm is OTT

lol I did wonder that when I put it in to soak. But I really do have a mammoth appetite. I'll let you know tomorrow when I'm still trying gnosh through it at lunchtime. :) Thanks for your feedback though, much appreciated. I'll try the smaller portion next time.

lol I did wonder that when I put it in to soak. But I really do have a mammoth appetite. I'll let you know tomorrow when I'm still trying gnosh through it at lunchtime. :) Thanks for your feedback though, much appreciated. I'll try the smaller portion next time.
Pinkie - I have this image of you now stuck in my mind ploughing you way through mounds of porridge tomorrow. I shall think of you whilst I am somewhere in the skies over southern UK.

PS My friend Chris often has the recommended 28gm and mashes a banana into it. She says it's yummy and VERY filling. Now as I like neither porridge nor banana I would call it c*** - but it's a good thing we're all different.

Hmmm, now I wonder what raisins would be? I love raisins stirred in, especially if left to plump up overnight, with cinnamon. I'm off to do some measuring. This will be the porridge of kings! :)

Have a safe journey tomorrow and I hope you manage to sort everything out with your Mum. x

Oh I love raisins - but they have to be synned. 1 oz - 4 syns . . .
Stick those in and I'm positive you will have enough for 2 days!
Try grapes instead. They're free!

Thanks for your thoughts re-Mum. I'll let you know how it went when I get back.

Ooh apparently porridge with cinnamon is lovely. And it's good for your metabolism, apparently... Enjoy your brekkie! I don't see why you can't have your extra bit if porridge rather than a scan bran! To plump up my porridge I usually put a handful of frozen berries in, stir then leave for a few mins then add a chopped banana. This sweetens and thickens it up a real treat. Xxxxx

Back