It's Now Or Never

Ok you just made me laugh alot reading the rabbit conversation ;)

Good to see you had a good time on your camping trip and pfftt 0.5lb gain? That is nothing hun, you will get that off this week plus more :D

Poor bunny. At least he's in a better place now. Phone conversation sounds fun! X

Morning all! I am sitting in the sun waiting for my train and am horrendously late. Hopefully I can slink in and people will be at meetings so won't notice. My boss boss is on hols at least. Lots to do today too. For the IT types amongst you, specifically I have a Requirements Catalogue to complete. It's basically a list though, and I quite like a list. :)

LittleSausage said:
Hey you! Looks like you had a fantastic time camping and the site looks awesome. Love that pic of the boys sleeping. So cute!

Sorry about that 0.5lb gain, but you know that'll come off so quickly. And you're so close to the 13s! Woop woop! X

Hey Speedy! Glad to see you back with us. Sorry you've not been well. :-( I know, I am so close and I am determined to get there at Monday's WI. I have been so good all week, and have my running gear with me today, so hope to be able to tolerate the heat and get at least 30 mins in non-stop. I'm heading to Westminster Bridge and back but don't have the 'boys' with me, so may not push as much.

missfortissimo said:
:8855: You are too funny Pinkie!!! That chocolate bunny looks delish though!!! :drool:
It was rather nommy. It was almost a shame to scoff it as he was so cute.

Mini Mum said:
Ok you just made me laugh alot reading the rabbit conversation ;)

Good to see you had a good time on your camping trip and pfftt 0.5lb gain? That is nothing hun, you will get that off this week plus more :D
Hey Mini Mum, welcome and thankyou. Yes I think Santa will be bringing me my own pet rabbit this year. Best not open that up in front of the family!

julesm said:
Poor bunny. At least he's in a better place now. Phone conversation sounds fun! X

Hee hee, it was entirely accidental, and I had to stop myself getting too Finbar Saunders. The bunny certainly went to a good home (and I was good and left his little twin for my dustbin friend).

So yes, I'm intending on going for a lunchtime run. I'm a bit worried about the heat, but even if I end up walking half of it, its better than sitting on my bum right?

I'm out tonight, going to the Tate Modern to see the Miro exhib...

http://www.tate.org.uk/modern/exhibitions/joanmiro/default.shtm

Then a bite to eat afterwards. It'll be a case of see where we end up, so I'll just have to make the best choice I can at the time. I'm intending on not having any syns during the day though to make up for it. So no bunny or capuccinos for me today.

Other than that my planned food is...

Breakfast:
Porridge, with 42g oats (HEb) and 350ml unsweetened soya milk (HEa). Already had this.

Snack:
Banana, apple, clementines.

Lunch:
After my run, I'll get baked potato with baked beans and salad leaves.

Afternoon snack:
More fruit, as above.

I've invited my sister and her family over tomorrow evening, and I'm going to BBQ chicken kebabs from my Greek cookery book. I haven't looked at it since I started the diet, and there are quite a few options that are easily SWable. And I do love Greek food. The kebabs are marinated in a yoghurt and herb sauce, they are lovely. I'll serve it with basmati rice and cos lettuce. Fruit (berries probably) and yoghurt for pud. Not sure if I'll drink alcofrol tomorrow night or not. I'll see how tonight's meal goes (won't drink tonight). I'm also going to cycle to the hospital and back to see my Nan, so it all helps.

I'm determined the first two digits on those scales on Monday will be 13.

Anyhoo, train has now arrived and heading London bound. Have a good day all. Will start looking round your diaries.

xx

"I've invited my sister and her family over tomorrow evening, and I'm going to BBQ chicken kebabs from my Greek cookery book. I haven't looked at it since I started the diet, and there are quite a few options that are easily SWable. And I do love Greek food. The kebabs are marinated in a yoghurt and herb sauce, they are lovely. I'll serve it with basmati rice and cos lettuce. Fruit (berries probably) and yoghurt for pud. Not sure if I'll drink alcofrol tomorrow night or not. I'll see how tonight's meal goes (won't drink tonight). I'm also going to cycle to the hospital and back to see my Nan, so it all helps."

Those kebabs sound YUMMERS!!!! Have a good day!

Ooh Pinkie, I love Greek food too, those kebabs do sound super yummy.

Hope your run has gone well, I love your determinationat the moment, I've got it back, food-wise, but just can't get it exercise wise... One day tho!!!

Enjoy your meal tonight xxx

Thank you Penny, Molly, Laura. I got a run in, but thanks to a major issue I've been dragged into at work, I didn't get back till half two and the staff restaurant was shut! Git a miso soup from Pret and have had a banana, apple and am about to start on the yoghurt and clementines. All the while there are JS jam doughnuts staring at me! Gah! I did 5k though in 33 mins. Anyway, back to the crisis. (They're waving those sodding doughnuts around again.)

Louise - I've used quark as a dip with some lemon and seasoning and chives. Also with yoghurt in my ice cream maker.

5K in 33 minutes!! That's about a mile for every 10 minutes! Very good! :) Sorry about the mess at work though, I do hope that can be all sorted out. Glad you got something sensible to eat. :)

Hey Mini Mum, welcome and thankyou. Yes I think Santa will be bringing me my own pet rabbit this year. Best not open that up in front of the family!

Hahaha my friend would probably kill me for saying this but I won't mention any names...

One Christmas my friends son came downstairs and into the kitchen with her rabbit... and asked "Mummy what is this?" my friend then looked at her mother in law who was sat at the kitchen table and her mother in law said with a completely straight face "Yes what is it ****y?"

My friend went on to tell her son that it was yorkshire pudding mixer (apparently she thought that quickly be she was thinking about cooking Yorkshire pud's!) and her mother in law said "Ohhh how does it work?"

Her mother in law had no idea what it actually was and later on that day asked my friend is she could buy her one for her birthday... :8855:

Funny story and very true :D

Lol lol so funny Mini Mum. Maybe she was feigning innocence as she knows how pricey they are? Lol

Ok, so had a really good evening. The Miró exhib was very good, if you like a bit of surrealism. And the best bit is, because I have Tate membership I can pop in and see it again easily enough. This was one if my favourite pieces, mostly because it has mooncat in it (complete with spider whiskers). I may have been having a ridiculous sort of evening.

MIRO-Escape-Ladder-487x400.jpg

Ended up going to a Greek restaurant on the river embankment in the end. Ironic given my plans for tomorrow night. Main meal I am sure would have been packed with syns, but it was reasonably healthy and very lovely. We went for Meze dishes in the end: lamb kebab, beans, lentils, green beans, beetroot and a couple of wee triangles of garlicy flatbread. Had baklava for afters, very naughty but delicious, and I don't often eat out these days, certainly first time I've been to a Greek restaurant in a year or so. Americano after and no alcofrol.

So tomorrow I am gonna be bang on plan, cycle to the hospital and stay away from the alcofrol as well. Hopefully I'll just get away with it.

Knees a bit sore now from the run, and am looking forward to a bit of a lie in before I crack on with the day. I've got lots to do. I want all my chores out of the way so I can take Beanie out n Sunday. Back up to London funnily enough to the British Museum and either a wander round some parks or maybe Science Museum. Best plan out a pack up then eh?

Night night all xx

Last edited:
Sounds like a yummy meal Pinkie and it is nice to give ourselves a treat occasionally.

It's another type of bunny you need Pinkie;), not a caramel one!
I didn't have a clue what on earth this was about (being such an :innocent0002: soul) so just decided to let it float over my head!
. . . One Christmas my friends son came downstairs and into the kitchen with her rabbit... and asked "Mummy what is this?" my friend then looked at her mother in law who was sat at the kitchen table and her mother in law said with a completely straight face "Yes what is it ****y?"

But thank you Michelle for your little story, it all clicked into place. :8855:

Have a lovely day tomorrow (or today now!) Pinkie.

Ooh miro exhibish eh? I am a bit of a pleb when it comes to art but when I was studying in Barcelona I did a module that was about Picasso, Miro and Dali. The lecturer was a very inspiring man and Miro was his fave so he passed a lot of his enthusiasm onto us! I absolutely love the Miro museum on the montjuic hill too- amazing views of Barca! Love it!!!

Quick post to put up the last couple of days food while the bairn (also known as Beanie, Molly) is in the shower. We've been at Whitstable today, a beautiful fishing village town, loads of quaint little trinkety, knick knack, art and craft shops, galleries, all sorts, so spent the day at the seaside.

Yesterday's food....

Large skinny capuccino (HEa) whilst at shopping centre.

Breakfast (quite late):
Mixed fruit, branflakes (HEb), shape zero yoghurt.

Snack:
Fruit.

Dinner:
Chicken marinated in Greek 0% yoghurt, garlic, lemon, basil and seasoning (barbecued as a kebab), rice with vegetables, salad leaves.
Strawberries and raspberries with Greek 0% yoghurt (Total).
Half a cider (4.5 syns).
Split some little miniatures I got as a present with my sister and bro-in-law, so 5cl of something brandy like (1 syn) 2cl of something Baileys like (0.5 syns).

Drank slimline tonic water apart from that.

Total: 6 syns.

Sunday's food....

Breakfast:
Mixed fruit, branflakes (HEb), shape zero yoghurt.

Snack:
Plum, 4 slices of ham.

Lunch:
JS savoury rice, loads of salad leaves, tomato, cucumber, 2 sliced grilled quorn sausages.

Snack:
3 dairylea triangles (HEa), apple, clementine, a little bit if crab (I was in a fishing town after all!)

Dinner:
SW Potato wedges, baked beans, SW fried egg.
Huge bowl of strawberries and raspberries with a load of Greek total 0% yoghurt.

Am stuffed now.

No syns today mind you.

Really hope I lose tomorrow, I've tried really hard this week. Will try catch up on diaries later, though I'm a bit pooped and may just pass out.

Toodlepip! :) x

Glad you've had a good day out - sounds lovely. I've been ironing yet more bedding for the apartment!

And I do wish you'd all stop eating Total 0% Greek Yoghurt. I tried it for the first time when I was back in the UK a few weeks ago and it is gorgeous. Not quite as good as the real thing but pretty acceptable. And every time one of you mentions it I drool! :drool:
Split some little miniatures I got as a present with my sister and bro-in-law, so 5cl of something brandy like (1 syn) 2cl of something Baileys like (0.5 syns).

Pinkie - do you mean cl or ml? As 1 cl = 10 ml. So if you has 5cl of Brandy ie 50 ml you just had 5 syns and 2 cl (20 ml) of Baileys would be 3 syns.

Last edited:
Back