It's Now Or Never

I don't iron either, I just don't wear clothes that crease... Or I find that my body heat soon gets rid of the creases!!

Ironing is a mug's game!!!

Hi Pinkie

I'm having a much better day than I've had in ages. I've gone and got myself a new job this morning so am well pleased to be able to hand my notice in on Monday morning, plus I'm on hols on Monday aft too!

Weather is so rubbish here today, it's almost like a monsoon it's raining so bad!

I was up half the night too but with my daughter who had toothache - nightmare! There really is nothing worse than a child with toothache that you just can't seem to comfort but as the clock struck 2.15am, I was way past wanting to comfort her!!! Anyway problem solved the hole in her tooth has now been filled so me and hubby looking forward to a good nights sleep tonight and a lovely lie in tomorrow.

xxxxxxxxx

Uh... was the creases question aimed at me? 'Cause I don't know what that is, I think I must not have clothes that need to be creased... I simply spray them with "Downy Fabric Dewrinkler" stuff and let them hang and they become pretty smooth and unwrinkled. :eek:

Well done on the new job SB! Hope your daughter is feeling better now. It's never nice seeing them poorly when they're little. :-(

Ok, so I lost 5lbs tonight (true to form its the big week) and am now in my 13s. Well pleased. My target is to lose 4lbs over next two weigh ins, before I go to Silverstone and flaunt myself in shorts and bikini top. I have less and less shame the older I get. Great isn't it? :)

So I need to stick to SW religiously Though I have bowling and a meal this Friday - I probably won't drink for that, and a heavy night out with the boys next Friday. It's our annual jug each of Pimms by the river night. Therefore I must be exemplary the rest of the time and also make sure I get back into running 3 times a week. I did a 5k again this morning, though it took me 36 minutes. I'm getting slower not quicker! lol

Food has been good today, I've used all my syns, and treated myself to a curly wurly. Oh it was divine!

Good to hear from you Pinkie!

I had to google what a curly wurly was and they look lovely! I don't know if it's a good thing or a pity that they aren't sold in the States... we've got plenty of other candy bars though! ;)

Good luck with bowling and your meal out!

You can do it, chica! You know how well you can stick to plan 100% when you need to. You've done so damn well, and there's so much or you to look forward to! Yay! Xx

Thanks Sausage and Molly. A couple of nights out will be good, I don't get too many opportunities. Plus one (bowling) is the social I've organised for my new (well I joined last Dec) team, and its the first I've been on. So it'll be nice to see a few of them outside work.

And yes, 4lbs is quite achievable really. I know why my losses have been stagnant/sporadic of late, and its easy to change that once I've got my focus. Running is key, I really need to do those 3 runs a week. Plus I have Beanie to myself the weekend after next, so hopefully the weather will hold and we can do some cycling and swimming. Love my weekends with my wee man.

Ooh, I'm going to a prize giving on Monday after school. He won an award for art, apparently he is exceptional for his age. He was put forward for maths too (again he's exceptional and apparently has numeracy age is about 12) but they only allow one award per student. His writing is starting to improve as well. They've been studying Shakespeare (which he's been raving about), and its his poem that they've put up on display. I read it yesterday and I honestly couldn't believe how good it was. Well, I certainly couldn't produce something like that anyway. I'm so proud of him. He's such a lucky kid to be so good at so many disciplines at school - reading age of nearly 14, very good at science and adores history. For his part he is like a big sponge. Always reading, and although he doesn't seem to ask lots of questions like his cousin for example, I've come to realise that's because he goes off and finds out/works it all out for himself. He has tons of gorgeous books upstairs. I'm terrible for buying nice books for him, always have been. I probably do about £100 each Christmas on various books, I'm a nightmare in book shops and the internet. Plus If we go to museums/exhibs etc and he's particularly enjoyed it, I'm a sucker for getting a nice book for him from there too. Clearly in his own way he appreciates them, and provided he gets use of them and enjoys them I don't mind the expense. I guess its an investment in its own way, plus I love having them too. :)

Gawd, listen to me raving on about him like he's some sort of genius. He's not, but I love seeing his interest piqued in stuff like that and being able to help him, especially in such a way where he can be autonomous in his learning. I'm a big believer in independence. I am very proud of him though, and that's a lovely place to be. :)

Wow how great that he's doing so well in school and loves reading and poetry and art! You're right to be proud. I'm impressed he's enjoying the shakespeare too!

Look forward to hearing about your bikini adventures at silverstone. Well done on your loss!

Well done on your loss hun, that is fantastic!!! I'm sure you can easily lose those 4lb if you focus like you intend :)

Your boy sounds like a very clever young man. It's great that he has such an interest in things that he wants to go and investigate for himself. As you say, buying him good books etc, is an investment for his future. Soon he will be in a fantastically well paid research type job and he will be looking after you :D xxx

julesm said:
Wow how great that he's doing so well in school and loves reading and poetry and art! You're right to be proud. I'm impressed he's enjoying the shakespeare too!

Look forward to hearing about your bikini adventures at silverstone. Well done on your loss!

I am going to see if there is anything on at the Globe, that would be pretty cool. All the local showings of Midsummer Nights Dream (the one he's been studying) are when we're away. I shall persevere though.

You probably wouldn't want to hear about my bikini adventures, they are unlikely to be decent. Am do excited now, just over 2 weeks till I'm there, surrounded by bikes.

Maverick said:
Soon he will be in a fantastically well paid research type job and he will be looking after you :D xxx

He bloody wants to anyway! I have told him he has to buy me nice cars, a flat in London and a place in Crete. :)

Wow Chica well done on the 5lbs - FAN TAS TIC!!!

Aww it's so nice to hear how well the bairn is doing. Kids do surprise us don't they. My Son is 10 and loves history too, he takes everything in and can tell you loads of facts about stuff, which to be honest I can't remember. We went to watch him in a play at school yesterday, he was brilliant, he was one of the lead parts and had so many lines to learn. He remembered them all love him, I almost shed a tear - I said almost! Then the daughter on the other hand - mmmmm, she's only 5 going on 15, I said to her the other day do you want some pasta for dinner, nah she said, I don't want any of that crap today!!!!!!!!!! OMG! I'm living with the hope that she obviously didn't know what it meant cos when I said please do not ever say that again, she genuinely didn't know she'd said anything wrong - my son thought it was hilarious! Kids eh?!

Hey, you can rave about your son all you want, he is YOURS and he IS bright! Spending money on books for your child is money WELL SPENT. Look at how brilliant he is already! :D Does he read Harry Potter by chance? I was curious!

Saddle Bags said:
Wow Chica well done on the 5lbs - FAN TAS TIC!!!

Aww it's so nice to hear how well the bairn is doing. Kids do surprise us don't they. My Son is 10 and loves history too, he takes everything in and can tell you loads of facts about stuff, which to be honest I can't remember. We went to watch him in a play at school yesterday, he was brilliant, he was one of the lead parts and had so many lines to learn. He remembered them all love him, I almost shed a tear - I said almost! Then the daughter on the other hand - mmmmm, she's only 5 going on 15, I said to her the other day do you want some pasta for dinner, nah she said, I don't want any of that crap today!!!!!!!!!! OMG! I'm living with the hope that she obviously didn't know what it meant cos when I said please do not ever say that again, she genuinely didn't know she'd said anything wrong - my son thought it was hilarious! Kids eh?!
Thank you SB. Oh that story did make me laugh. Kids are funny little things aren't they? :) Great that your son was so good with the play, bet you were so proud. :)

missfortissimo said:
Hey, you can rave about your son all you want, he is YOURS and he IS bright! Spending money on books for your child is money WELL SPENT. Look at how brilliant he is already! :D Does he read Harry Potter by chance? I was curious!
Ah you asked about this on your diary didn't you, I forgot to reply. Yes he's read the first three. Then moved on to other things for a bit. He tends to have 4 or 5 books on the go ay once, depending on his mood. He's back in factual mood at the moment and reading all the Horribly Famous series of books that I bought him last Christmas. He started with Al Capone. Funny little thing.

Ok so food today, I've been good again, hope to decide on tea by the time I've finished this post.

Breakfast:
Half a punnet of raspberries.
Mixed fruit, branflakes (HEb), shape zero yoghurt.

Snack:
Satsuma, Apple, small skinny capuccino (half HEa).

Lunch:
Cucumber and carrot sticks with cherry tomatoes.
Mugshot.
Shape zero yoghurt.
Remaining half of raspberries.

Snack:
3 satsumas, apple.
Caramel bunny (5 syns) - his friend is in my drawer at work for tomorrow.
Small skinny capuccino (remaining HEa.)

Tea:
I really fancy pasta now after Saddle Bag's post. I'll have it with tomatoes and spinach and sliced quorn sausage.

Not sure I'll eat anything else. Think I've fruitied myself out today. No one could question my superfree anyway.

P.s. cute guy without wedding ring sat next to me on train. Hmmmmm.....

I will die with happiness if my future children read half of the marvelous books your boy does. :faint1:

You are doing a nice job of divvying up those bunnies and saving the partners for later! ;)

I'm not getting the difference between a satsuma and a clementine, I will have to google it!

Have you got any favourites you kept from where you were young? I kept all mine and they have now been handed down accordingly.

Right my tea, well what a pig, but it was just what I needed.

2 quorn sausages whilst cooking. Then 4 grilled lean back Bacon, minus the fat.
Then, wholemeal pasta shells, green pepper, cherry tomatoes, 3 large flat sliced mushrooms, 2 more quorn sausages chopped into it, and a bunch of spinach thrown in at last minute. A bit of seasoning et voila! It was so lovely.
Plus I treated me and the bairn to another curly wurly, putting me at a total of 11 syns for the day. I'm stuffed and content. :)

Back