It's Now Or Never

I could go on. But the point is, having come from a place 2 years ago where I was so depressed I couldn't even face taking the bairn to school as I'd burst into tears in the playground (I'd get my sister to take him in) and I basically just shut down and stopped functioning normally. I've come so far mentally and physically since then, and have so much to be thankful for and look forward to. I'm going to make sure I focus on those positives.
Pinkie - fantastic start to my day (albeit a day late!). To see how far you've come is so fantastic. Keep it up girl.

But I'll take some extra cash so the bairn can have a bbq if he wants it. He will, he's a bottomless pit (and so skinny too!).
You think he eats a lot now? Just you wait until he is 15!
We took a friends son sailing with us several years ago and they warned us to about the amount a 15 year can eat as we'd never had one. Well, I basically stocked up for 4 people for 4 days (even though there were ony 3 of us) and had to restock on day 3. I did evening meals for 4 and Guyan ate 2 portions! I had 4 large bags of chocolate bar minis on the boat. I thought 1 bag a day between us would be ok but I didn't have a single one and they disappereared in 2 days. 4 packs of biscuits, 4 jamaican ginger cakes - but at least these did last out for the 4 days. So I'd start a food kitty now. You've got 7 years to put the money aside!

Have a good day.

* my lovely son, who is healthy, happy, intelligent, funny, sociable - well a normal 8 year old really.

* my own health, which will only improve as I continue on this path.

* my own home. Ok, the bank owns about 40%, but you know what I mean.

* my job. I enjoy it, I'm challenged in it and I work with great people.

* my family. They irritate the hell out of me at times, who's doesnt? But we are all there for each other. And I'm so glad I'm as close to my sister as I am, and that Steven and I see my nephews regularly.

* my good friends. I don't see them often, but again I know I can count on them and have good times when we do get together.

* my independence. We have a young Indian girl in our team at the moment, working for our primary SI partner (consultancy). We have to let her go, we're very reluctant as she's so good. But we're desperately trying to get her another placement in Sainsburys. She is terrified of being sent back home as she has no independence there at all, and basically will be married off. It makes me appreciate our culture and the way my parents brought me up. I am completely independent. That's a wonderful thing.

* the fact I earn a good wage. Ok, I'm in debt, but that can be eradicated in the next 3 years. That's not so bad really. I just need to get on with it and not worry about what I can't have. I can still afford camping trips and a good quality of life for me and the bairn.

* intelligence. Now I really value this. I'm not saying I'm brain of Britain, but I've got enough about me. And I love learning too. I shall sign up for that philosophy course today. I think I need it.

I could go on. But the point is, having come from a place 2 years ago where I was so depressed I couldn't even face taking the bairn to school as I'd burst into tears in the playground (I'd get my sister to take him in) and I basically just shut down and stopped functioning normally. I've come so far mentally and physically since then, and have so much to be thankful for and look forward to. I'm going to make sure I focus on those positives.

Bit deep really, but again, good to see it in black and white.

Toodlepip! xxx

Pinkie, that has got to be one of the most frank and truthful posts that I have read off anyone xxxx

Certainly made me think about things x

gl12282 said:
Great post Pinkie. Those posts are so important for showing us (and others) how far we've come and why we are doing this. Well done :)

Good luck on the philosophy course - definitely not my cup of tea but I'm sure you'll do well on it :)

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Thank you Gail. I hope I do well. I know I'm quite capable, I'm more concerned about my constant tiredness. But with me sometimes, I think that's borne out of boredom. I definitely need to be mentally stimulated. I rot otherwise.

Woodland girl said:
Great post Pinkie! Lovely to hear! X
Hey WG, thank you!

Pommette said:
Pinkie - fantastic start to my day (albeit a day late!). To see how far you've come is so fantastic. Keep it up girl.

You think he eats a lot now? Just you wait until he is 15!
We took a friends son sailing with us several years ago and they warned us to about the amount a 15 year can eat as we'd never had one. Well, I basically stocked up for 4 people for 4 days (even though there were ony 3 of us) and had to restock on day 3. I did evening meals for 4 and Guyan ate 2 portions! I had 4 large bags of chocolate bar minis on the boat. I thought 1 bag a day between us would be ok but I didn't have a single one and they disappereared in 2 days. 4 packs of biscuits, 4 jamaican ginger cakes - but at least these did last out for the 4 days. So I'd start a food kitty now. You've got 7 years to put the money aside!

Have a good day.
Erk! I hadn't thought of that. Maybe I'll have to go full time after all. *lazy*

ginlin said:
Pinkie, that has got to be one of the most frank and truthful posts that I have read off anyone xxxx

Certainly made me think about things x

Ah thank you ginlin. I was obviously in a reflective mood. Fortunately a positive one.

I should probably have also included:

* grateful for the fantastic support on here. A more wonderful collection of kind, intelligent women who are all realising their own ambitions, I have probably not been acquainted with ever before. Hmmm, may have to reconsider some of my social circles lol

Jillywags said:
Good post - thanks for that
Hi Jillywags. Thank you, and welcome to my daily ramblings. :)

I am truly overwhelmed by all your lovely comments after putting my thoughts down yesterday. And it was only supposed to be a quick food plan for the day! lol But thank you all. It warms the cockles of my heart. :) x

So, I've just got back from another 5k run. 36 mins, still not improving. But the goal was to reach 5k so I'm happy. I'm sure the time will improve as I carry on. I'm determined to get 3 runs in a week. It's the only way I'll reach my next targets:
* 4lbs by 25th July. (13st 7lbs)
* a further 8lbs (so 12lbs in total) by 31st August. (12st 13lbs)
* a further stone by Christmas. (12 stone!).

Eek!

Sticking to SW alone just won't cut it. That's what I remind myself when I start struggling after the first 3k. Need to dig in now and stop pratting about.

Today's food:

Before run:
2 bananas.

Breakfast:
Mixed fruit, branflakes (HEb), low fat natural yoghurt.

Late lunch:
Salad and probably a mugshot.
Curly wurly.

Tea:
Not sure. Will grab something up ay Victoria before the cricket match. I fancy a jacket potato with beans and salad though, so I'll try and find somewhere that does it.
Possibly a couple of small skinny capuccinos too for my HEa.

Phew! Anyway, have to crack on with work. Technical specifications await me.

Have a lovely day all.

xx

Thank you Gail. I hope I do well. I know I'm quite capable, I'm more concerned about my constant tiredness. But with me sometimes, I think that's borne out of boredom. I definitely need to be mentally stimulated. I rot otherwise.

Hey WG, thank you!

Erk! I hadn't thought of that. Maybe I'll have to go full time after all. *lazy*

Ah thank you ginlin. I was obviously in a reflective mood. Fortunately a positive one.

* grateful for the fantastic support on here. A more wonderful collection of kind, intelligent women who are all realising their own ambitions, I have probably not been acquainted with ever before. Hmmm, may have to reconsider some of my social circles lol

Hi Jillywags. Thank you, and welcome to my daily ramblings. :)

I am truly overwhelmed by all your lovely comments after putting my thoughts down yesterday. And it was only supposed to be a quick food plan for the day! lol But thank you all. It warms the cockles of my heart. :) x

So, I've just got back from another 5k run. 36 mins, still not improving. But the goal was to reach 5k so I'm happy. I'm sure the time will improve as I carry on. I'm determined to get 3 runs in a week. It's the only way I'll reach my next targets:
* 4lbs by 25th July. (13st 7lbs)
* a further 8lbs (so 12lbs in total) by 31st August. (12st 13lbs)
* a further stone by Christmas. (12 stone!).

Eek!

Sticking to SW alone just won't cut it. That's what I remind myself when I start struggling after the first 3k. Need to dig in now and stop pratting about.

Today's food:

Before run:
2 bananas.

Breakfast:

Late lunch:
Salad and probably a mugshot.
Curly wurly.

Tea:
Not sure. Will grab something up ay Victoria before the cricket match. I fancy a jacket potato with beans and salad though, so I'll try and find somewhere that does it.
Possibly a couple of small skinny capuccinos too for my HEa.

Phew! Anyway, have to crack on with work. Technical specifications await me.

Have a lovely day all.

xx

I think there's a spud-you-like in Victoria station up in the shopping plaza bit, otherwise wetherspoons for a good old jacket spud. Yum!

Yes, I'm glad it was positive, because I was feeling quite down today, and then your post gave me a good kick up my bum!

And totally agree with the other point:)

Your food today sounds great. :) And if you keep up the running, you'll definitely be doing 5K in less than 30 minutes before you know it :D And then you'll be 12 stone and can put all those running men from work on the bench! ;)

What a great post! It makes a refreshing change to hearing people moaning about the silly problems in people's lives rather than being thankful for what they've got. That's what it's like in my staffroom anyway!!

Woah Pinkie, not sure how I missed all this yesterday, absolutely perfect post tho, we should all definitely be more thankful for what we have, than complaining about what we haven't :)

Well done on your run, 5k in 36 mins is great - I did 4.6k in my whole 35 mins today so I've got a bit of catching up to do! Perseverance is the answer, and I will persevere and hope it helps my losses too, altho it probably won't for the next few weeks til I get back into it... ho hum!!

Hope you had a good time at the cricket *snooze* ;) xx

What a great post that was! It's awesome when you can look back and see just how far you've come. I love positive posts like that. Thank you :) x

Quick foodie update so I don't lose track....

Breakfast:

Lunch:
Veg sticks, banana, curly wurly (6 syns)

Snacks:
2 mugshots and 2 apples.

Am off out now and will be eating out. Will try pick as healthily as I can. But despite the weather, I'm feeling really hungry today. I shall fill up on diet soft drinks. I have 9 syns and my HEa to play with. Possibly another HEb too if I go green, but I can't see a bowling diner having anything that fits the HEb bill. Salad it is!

Quick food update. I feel so poorly today, gonna have a little nap in a bit I think.

Yesterday, so I'd had 6 syns and HEb during the day.

Missed bowling session as train cancelled. But played some pool before meal.

Had some nachos from a bowl, I'd say about 5 dips, not even a fifth of the bowl. So I'm gonna say 5 syns(?), garlic pizza slice (5 syns). Main meal I went for chicken Caesar salad served without the sauce, and I left the crutons, parmesan shavings (though I left a lot of them) can be my HEa. I also had two vodkas (5 syns).

So 21 syns for the day. Oops. Still, it was an evening out.

Today...

Breakfast:

Snack:
Green and Blacks cherry chocolate, 20g (5 syns). They've got two bars for £3 in JS, the chocolate is so nice, less sweet that Bourneville.

Lunch:
Plum. Mugshot.
Mixed fruit and low fat natural yoghurt. Another plum.

Tonight I'm at my sister's for my nephew's birthday. I believe they are doing some chicken and veggie rice to cater for me. Bro-in-law has been up to collect my bbq, so hopefully it'll all be cooked healthily too. I've bought myself a bottle of slimline tonic and won't drink any other alcofrol. Like I say, I don't feel too good, so I'll probably be the bore of the evening. Don't feel particularly sociable, might feel better after my sleep.

Hi Pinkie, sorry you aren't feeling too good today.
A measly 21 syns for a night out is fantastic! Way to go girl. I'd have been much worse. Hope you feel better tomorrow hun.

Hi girls and thanks. I think I'm just shattered with all the rushing about I'm forever doing. Stayed in my sister's front room last night with the patio doors open and a baby monitor on, keeping an ear out for the 6 kids that were camping in their back garden. Had about 2 or 3 hours kip. Kids had a whale of a time though.

I had chicken (removed skin), veggie rice and salad last night. A small slice of birthday cake (say 5 syns) and 4 kettle type crisps (1 syn? It literally was 2 tiny crisps and 2 normal ones). About 4 or 5 pints of water and two or three small glasses of slimline tonic.

So with yesterday's choc (5 syns) that makes a total of 11 syns. I didn't have my HEa.

Today so far...

Breakfast:

Snack:
20g Green and Blacks Cherry Dark Chocolate (5 syns)

Lunch:
Griddled salmon, pearl barley risotto (pearl barley, onion, mixed peppers, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, fish stock, seasoning), salad leaves.

IMAG0817.jpg

Have some fruit sat here for afters; apple, clementine and plum.

Not sure about dinner yet. I'm doing the bairn veggie sticks and humous. I may have some veggie snacks followed by a banana milkshake (banana - 4 syns, plus soya milk - HEa).

Snuggled with bairn now, we've been playing games and now watching a film. He's had a few late nights too and I'm fit to collapse.

I will catch up on all your diaries later, sorry for neglecting them :-( Just wanted to post food, psychologically it helps me focus if I do that.

Hope you're all well and enjoying your weekends. x

Back