It's Now Or Never

Salmon and risotto look nice. What's the pearl barley taste like? Is it as creamy as a rice one?

It wasn't too bad actually. The barley itself obviously has a slightly nuttier texture than risotto rice, but the creaminess still seemed to be there. Even though I cooked it less than the destructions, I think it may have overcooked slightly, meaning it had a touch of the mushy in there too. I really enjoyed it anyway.

Can't be bothered with those veggie sticks. Will force myself to have the nana shake and get an early night. I'm pooped!

That risotto does look yummy - I have some risotto rice to use up, not sure what I'm gonna have with it, running out of things in my cupboards!!

Hope you're getting an early night tonight, I'm tried just thinking about your rushing about!!

xxx

Sleep well! Can I just say that salmon and pearl barley looks sooooo yummy! Did you follow a recipe for the risotto! Yummy yummy yum! Well done on your night out, i dont think you went overboard on the syns at all. Sounds tasty too Xxxx

Christ another manic day today. Trying to get work done (brief respite now before I start a new task).

Risotto - just make them up as I go along.

Todays food...

Breakfast:
Porridge oats (HEb) plus soya milk (HEa) with tblspn of honey (2.5 syns) and a sliced banana. Nom.

Snack:
Plum. 10g Green and Blacks cherry choc (2.5 syns)

Lunch:
Mugshot maybe followed by a piece of fruit.

Dinner:
Bit of a hotchpotch. Have remaining veg and lentil soup, reheated with yesterday's left over pearl barley risotto, and a couple of pieces of cod chopped in. I'm frozen today (and reneged on my run, poor form). So sod the salad.

Off to a presentation after school, Beanie has won the Art prize apparently. Little swot! lol Then fit in tea before he goes to Cubs... He has a better social life than I do! Phew, and I have more to do on the cubs website, plus the old favourite - ironing!

So back to it, lots of lovely work to complete between now and three.

Last edited:
Ironing and website still awaits me I'm afraid. I'm sorry I don't have a more interesting life to regale you all with. I'm out on the piss on Friday though, so if even the slightest bit disgraceful I'll be sure to let you know.

Anyhoo.... I quickly popped on (am sat in class at the mo) as I've managed to lose 2.5lbs! Am now 13st 8.5lbs! Cue a very girlie OH MY GOD! That is exactly what I wanted, and now have just 1.5lbs to lose next week before my Silverstone weekend.

I'd best plan how I'm gonna make up for Friday's frivolities over the rest of the week then. :)

Sooooo well done, the running obviously makes a big difference for you. The last 1.5lb should be easy peasy before Silverstone (ps, I totally read Silverstone in your post as "Silver Stone" and thought it was some special sw award!!!!)

Ah yes, for anyone not aware, I am referring to the British World Superbike (WSBK) round at the race circuit. It's my one weekend of total selfishness a year. I have calmed down a lot these days, but oh I could tell you some stories from the days it was at Brands.

Just realised I've missed a new series of Torchwood! Off to geek and iron. I have so many diaries to catch up on. I hope you're all well though. x

Pinkie - Whoopee on the loss. Brilliant, and give the bairn a hug from me. So well done on the art prize. 1.5 before Silverstone should be a doddle.

Well done Pinkie, sorry it's late, I have so many diaries to read first thing on a morning and then put some boring crap on my own it takes me all day to get round them all. Lord only knows what the hell I'm gonna do when I start my new job, I'll have to log on in an evening/weekend :eek: something I never normally do as don't really find the time - I must make time when start new job!

How bad is that, the first thing I do at the minute in this job when I get in is log in here and read through all the diaries - ah well never mind at least I'm getting paid for it and this afternoon I am filling my time (as my sex pest boss is out for rest of the afternoon) by planning my menus and shopping list for next week and my seaside trip to the caravan this weekend!

xxxxxxxxxx

Gotta put this down before I forget...

Morning snack:
Curly wurly (6 syns)

Breakfast:
Mixed fruit, branflakes (HEb), low fat natural yoghurt.

Afternoon snack:
Apple and satsuma

Tea:
Griddled seasoned cod, a sort of not too spicy warm salsa of onion, mixed peppers and tomatoes, tagliatelle. Very nom.
Mixed fruit with low fat yoghurt for pud.

IMAG0819.jpg

Treat at park:
One of those mini milk ice lolly things (where have they been all my life? 1.5 syns)

Feel a proper little piggy now. But its been one of those days.

Total syns so far: 7.5

** adding in late snack.... Green and blacks choc (2.5 syns). Satsuma. Shape zero yoghurt. No HEa today. Total 10 syns.

Last edited:
Back