It's Now Or Never

Well done on the loss, esp with the alcofrol!! That strip club sounds nasty!!!

The walking sounds nice too, I'm determined I'll be doing a lot of walking in Cyprus, not being lazy all the time!! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well, strip clubs aren't my cuppa. I must have been very pissed to end up in one!!

I was a bit naughty at work today - succumbed to an apple and bran muffin. However, I didn't have any more syns and was 9 under yesterday. Got very stressed and upset at work, over not very much. I just hate my job and the place at the moment. I have got a load of old crap to do, and I'm bored with it all. Truth be told, I really think I need to do something different, trouble is, I just don't know what!

Food today was..
Breakfast: 1/2 lemon in hot water.
Cappuccino (HexA), muffin (23 syns).

Lunch: mushroom and sweet corn soup with croutons (HexB)

Snack: 2 apples, 3 satsumas.

That's it.

I'm calling it a red (or green) day to allow for the extra HexA. Am full though so don't want to eat a HexB for the sake of it.

Another good food day, just came in on syns. We treated ourselves to a chicken kebab on the way back from athletics. Our local now serves it with rice which is perfect.

Work a bit better today - am so busy atm and managed to achieve one or minor victories. I was expecting a bollocking for my shitty mood yesterday but nothing of the sort. May need to spend some time trying to catch up over the weekend though.

That said, I also want to update my CV and start thinking about putting myself about in the coming months. I know where I'd like to go, it's a case of getting in touch with some contacts and seeing if anything is available.

Incredibly, there is a firm in the town where I used to live who is hiring and with a very good salary. Typical. Had we stayed it would have been perfect.

Am currently sitting outside on bun watch. Bairn singing in the shower and hopefully in bed very soon.

My tummy is full with chicken shish, rice and salad, so no more munching for me tonight.

Evening Pinkie, all is sounding good with you and prince pinkie, with the exception of work xxx

Yes, I shouldn't complain really. Being a real whiney ***** aren't I?

I think I am getting a bit stressed about going to visit my friend in France next month. Her daughter died very suddenly in January at just 10. Anaphylactic shock - and she didn't have anaphylaxis and had eaten the offending ingredient before. They are all completely devastated as you can imagine. As upsetting as it's been for me, she's not my daughter and life has gone on for me. But for Verity time has stood still really, and she can only count the days, weeks, months since she lost her little girl. She really isn't in a good way at all and I'm really worries about them all. I am looking forward to seeing her, but also I know it is going to be incredibly painful. All the grief will come flooding back, and for a few days it will be January all over again. Poor Verity of course lives every day like that and we, all of us, are so helpless. I know that must make me sound incredibly self centred, but I know I won't be able to wait to come home and see my little boy again. Despite my whinging, I really am very, very grateful for everything I have.

You sound like a good friend to be visiting and supporting your friend who has had her life torn apart in such a devastating way. Will you be able to plan any times away for just you (or just you and partner, I've not read enough of your diary to know your relationship status) so you can recoup a little?

It is very easy to be self obsessed when grieving, been there myself and seen it in others so I do understand your doubts.

Good luck with getting yourself 'out there' with the new CV

Thank you Micci, that's very kind of you to say. It is just me and the boy (divorced 8 years ago). Normally the two of us go over for a week or so each year - he and Maddie always got on very well (apart from one year where she was going through a bit of a phase and it was a bit difficult). But they would be inseparable from dawn till dusk when we visited. Her middle daughter of 16 is out there, and a friend.of hers is staying for a few months trying to get established out there. Her husband is in Dubai ams comes back whenever he can. I don't mind not having a bit of space, it's just one weekend. I don't think she'll be very sociable though, she just isn't up to it.

Pinkie - you do sound like a very good friend.
Grieving for a lost loved one is always horrible - but to lose a child so young must be absolutely devasting.
My cousin lost a child at 18 months old to cot death and I don't think she has ever got over it (more than 20 years ago).
She, sadly, turned to drug and alcohol abuse to try and blank it all out.

All you can do is listen if she wants to talk. Good luck though - it will be very hard on you both.

Ah bless you Pom. Well it will be good to see her anyway. It's just an horrific situation.

Am currently sat outside on bun watch again. I really must get off my fat arse and use the time to sort out my garden. Perhaps not the early ones, but I could in the evening. Maybe I'll even do some today. Friday's are my usual day off. I have a leg wax today, but could spend a couple of hours this afternoon tidying it up a bit. I have two sets of guests next weekend, so it would be nice if it were vaguely presentable.

Am trying to persuade my dad to let us take him out for a Father's Day treat tomorrow afternoon. My idea is the Kent and Sussex steam train service, leaving from Tenterden. Trouble is, he and my mother are so stuck in their ways and quite frankly pretty difficult about many things. I've emailed him some details, so hopefully he'll be able to 'get his head round it' and have a nice afternoon out. We shall see!

Just had my waxing done. Ouchy!

May have to forego jobs in garden, just remembered the cricket is on. Oh dear! :)

Have only eaten fruit so far today and using skimmed milk for a cheeky iced cappuccino. Think tea will be a haddock fishcake with salad. It's just so warm!

May have to forego jobs in garden, just remembered the cricket is on. Oh dear! :)
Mr Poms has it on the radio as we don't have Sky Sport :cry:

Mr Pom says that's how he know it's summer.
Test Match Special on the radio and the sound of leather on willow - and the dulcet tones of the blowers (used to like jonners but he is sadly no longer with us).
Not that they play it much here so it's a long way for the sound to actually travel :8855:

It's the only reason I buy Sky Sports. Though Beanie will watch all sorts of sport.

Just had the fishcake and salad and now I'm stuffed!

Also, my Maths OU coursebooks turned up today. I am looking at a Maths degree with them, but you can have a gentle or standard start. Now given I've no maths of any sort since school, with some statistics thrown in at college and Uni, I was worried that I would bite off more than I can chew by going in at standard level - which assumes A level knowledge (I went up to GCSE). However, I didn't want to fork out £1,700 on the preliminary gentle course if it were going to be too easy. So I purchased the course books online for £40. Just started the first one and it is really easy. Obviously it builds up, but I want to revise and get the basics down first - so important in Maths. So now I'm pleased I've done it the way I have, and can now gp in to the standard course in October and work through these in the meantime. Happy Pinkie!

Still procrastinating with the garden though. :-\

Ooooo, I am impressed. Are you someone who is fascinated with numbers and logic? I like listening to Simon Singh on the radio, but something like the enthusiastic seach for thingummies last theorum, well it doesn't exactly leave me cold as I find people with a drive and enthusiasm very interesting and inspiring even if their subject is not one I am enthusiastic about as well.

Ooh, now this is what I love about life. You find out new things quote accidentally all the time. I hadn't heard of him, but have now just looked him up and bookmarked his radio show page.

I am a fairly logical person yes and me and numbers have always quite liked one another. I have an interest in data analysis and would like to explore it more along with all the modelling etc that goes along with it. Potentially looking at a change in career at some point. Big data! So I am considering a Maths degree with a focus on statistics, moving into data modelling and analysis beyond that. But I will start the courses with the OU, if I don't like it, I haven't lost anything. I am a bit of an eternal student anyway, so usually do something ad hoc every couple of years. I last did a science module with them a few years back. More recently I started a philosophy course, but it was all a bit difficult at home and something had to give. I know it will be very hard, but I love learning. And maybe one day I can use it as a pivot point to change my career to something I prefer.

Or maybe it will just be another string to my bow. Who knows.

So thank you for the info, he sounds very interesting! :)

Ooh, now this is what I love about life. You find out new things quote accidentally all the time. I hadn't heard of him, but have now just looked him up and bookmarked his radio show page. I am a fairly logical person yes and me and numbers have always quite liked one another. I have an interest in data analysis and would like to explore it more along with all the modelling etc that goes along with it. Potentially looking at a change in career at some point. Big data! So I am considering a Maths degree with a focus on statistics, moving into data modelling and analysis beyond that. But I will start the courses with the OU, if I don't like it, I haven't lost anything. I am a bit of an eternal student anyway, so usually do something ad hoc every couple of years. I last did a science module with them a few years back. More recently I started a philosophy course, but it was all a bit difficult at home and something had to give. I know it will be very hard, but I love learning. And maybe one day I can use it as a pivot point to change my career to something I prefer. Or maybe it will just be another string to my bow. Who knows. So thank you for the info, he sounds very interesting! :)

Ooh this sounds a bit like my job. I'm a data analyst in the civil service. My last role ended up doing a lot of project management too which I loved but I'm a statistician by career. Good luck
With your OU work. Sounds interesting and great credit to you that you want to do it x

I'm glad you found my page and said hello ;) I think learning new things is a very very important part of life. We were a home educating family and I was interested in all the things that we learned about. I say 'we' as it is very much family learning with the parent facilitating and guiding. At one stage I was seriously considering doing an OU on either paleontology or early music. But hey, life got in the way.

Your new career plans sound very stimulating, even if I haven't got the faintest idea what you are talkikng about ;)

Penny, it sounds like we should chat sometime!!

I weighed in yesterday - 2.5lbs off. Woohoo! That's 11lbs off so far.

Just been online ordering pressies for the buns, they will be 2 early next month. Daft I know but I get so excited about these things.

Things progressing well with the homeworking request - just waiting for formal acceptance of it now. Tomorrow evening is a parents introductory session at the bairn's new school. Could do without it after a long day working and commuting, but it'll be interesting to find out what's what. Can't believe my wee baby will be off to big school in September!!

I weighed in yesterday - 2.5lbs off. Woohoo! That's 11lbs off so far.
yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Things progressing well with the homeworking request - just waiting for formal acceptance of it now.
Fingers crossed

Tomorrow evening is a parents introductory session at the bairn's new school. Could do without it after a long day working and commuting, but it'll be interesting to find out what's what. Can't believe my wee baby will be off to big school in September!!
Lost the plot! Thought the bairn did his 11+ last year?

Wow, congratulations. You are well on the way. If I promise not to let anyone else know, especially the buns, can you tell what you are getting them? Will you wrap the pressies? And a cake? Photos?

All the rest sounds hopefull too but moving to secondary school is a worrying time, best wishes to young Master Pinkie.

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Fingers crossed

Lost the plot! Thought the bairn did his 11+ last year?

Yes he did that in September, results early October. Then apply for schools in, result of which is on the National school allocation day in March. I think the test is so named because they are 11+ when they start school, not necessarily when they take the test. He got his first choice school though, so we're all happy.

Wow, congratulations. You are well on the way. If I promise not to let anyone else know, especially the buns, can you tell what you are getting them? Will you wrap the pressies? And a cake? Photos?

All the rest sounds hopefull too but moving to secondary school is a worrying time, best wishes to young Master Pinkie.

I got them a little wooden sliding game and various chew toys. If I could ever get my head around my garden, I'd like to get them a nice bun friendly play area out here. I had an idea about building up a little tele tubby style hill at the end with tunnels running through it. Or perhaps a wooden playset for toddlers with places they can jump in and out of etc. That is more a project over time though I think.

I will wrap the pressies though and make them a little cake out of bunny goodies. Will they appreciate it? No! lol

For now though, I've done my morning sweep and clean of the kitchen bunny area and replaced their hay etc. They are mowing my lawn while I have my lemon water and try and galvanise myself into action. Just started getting the coach to work. It takes longer to get in, but I've calculated I can say £200 per 4 weeks. Worth trying out.

Back