It's the final countdown! Losing it - Phase 2!

I watched the Hairy Bikers make puddings. We are masochists, aren't we?!?

On Yolande's thread I asked what you get to eat on step 3 - not sure if something can trigger you being hungry? Also I found out recently that brussel sprouts are really low in calories - in theory I could have a whole bag (about 200-250g) and it's only 34 cal! I have to verify that for sure, cause if certain veg are so low, they might be a good way to feel full but not add too many cal.

Stay away from the pies tho - at least for now! I hope I'm at goal and on steps by end Nov - I make pecan pie and pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving. Yum!

I think the problem with step 3 is the big increase in carbs from step 2. I'm not in ketosis but the calorie intake is relatively low so I'm hungry and craving more carbs. Haven't managed to stick to 1000 cals for 2 days but still under 1500 (and quite a bit of exercise) so I'm hoping it won't be too disastrous. Going to try and stick more rigidly to it tomorrow. And yes if I'm hungry I'll eat more veg - not too worried about the carb content by now as I reckon I must've filled up my glycogen store in the last 2 days!
I have been watching Lorraine Pascale making Spanish churros this morning whilst pounding away on my cross trainer! Love the Hairy Bikers - have you been watching their Hairy Dieter's series?

Mmmm, Spanish churros! Wow, with all the exercise you've been getting I think you'll do great! Did you say you were a couch potato? Are you sure?!? :)

Hairy Dieters - I saw 2 episodes (don't know how many there were). Loved it and was very impressed - they did so well! I'm assuming there is a related cookbook somewhere, which I intend to buy when I come off CD. I also want to find a good low-carb cookbook. From reading a couple of posts, the CD cookbook is pretty good - but here it is in Dutch, and I prefer my books in English. We'll see.

Almost the end of the weekend and back to the work week. Yay rah!

Unfortunately I am rather unfit - I don't burn off much during the day as I drive to work and the sit at a desk for 10+ hours but am now making a determined effort.
Am feeling a bit guilty as I've just spent £300 on clothes today - most of it impulse buying although I did need a thicker coat as my size 16 mac is thin and is far too big. Well I suppose I will have to keep the weight off now!
A lot of the Hairy Bikers recipes are on the BBC website - I print a lot off and all you miss are the colour pictures. I did buy a low carb vegetarian cookbook but it is high in fat - more suitable to an Atkins type diet.
Hope the weekend went well on SS

Tizzy - how's it going? You are not keeping up your diary but as you are still posting I assume that you have not fallen off the wagon. unfortunately I did - struggled over the weekend and did something more like step 5. On Tuesday I lost control and had a major binge including biscuits (which were stale) and muffins - must've been more than 4000 cals. Was rather surprised to have lost 1lb this week - I think maybe it boosted my metabolism??

Hi Daisy - I try to write in the diary about 1x/week or thereabouts. Spend more time in other people's lurking and having conversations.
You had 4000 cals and lost a 1lb?!? Wow! When can I do that? :)

I am struggling with motivation. I've been pretty good about sticking to CD but am finding that the weight is just not shifting as quickly. Oddly, when I've had to go to France for business, I've done CD breakfast/dinner and salad for lunch - when I came back I found I'd lost more weight in France than at home! This weekend I'm off to Ireland to see a friend's baby and I'm sure to go off CD for Sat dinner - but will not eat carbs. Frankly I think I'm bored, but I will keep plugging away as I want to get rid of as much belly fat as I can.

How 'bout you - back on track after weekend and stale biscuits?

Hey Tizzy, You are doing fantastic.
I have put on wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more than you did but plan to get it off asap, you must have been very good.
I blame the cocktails around the pool, not to mention the huggggggggggggggggggge portions. My size 12's were bursting within 4 days of the wedding :cry:
Today is the start of getting back on track for me and you done great to lose the 5lb in the 1st week to get you so close to pre US weight, that shows how determained you are so keep up the good work. I do think we all go through stages where we ger bored but the results keep us on track. This place is fab and without you lot I would have thrown in the towel a million times. Have a nice time in Ireland and good luck with this weeks weigh in x x x

Welcome back!!! You sound like you're charged with energy and raring to go! When do we get to see the photos of you as a lovely bride having a wonderful wedding???

Had a great time in Ireland - the new baby is soo cute! However, apart from the bar I had on the flight over, I was off CD all weekend. Weighin this morning was an STS - so I guess I can count myself lucky. Sigh.

I need to refocus and stick with it - but have events coming up this week as well. Am finding it harder to stick to the diet at events and things. I think it's because I no longer have a deadline. Perhaps I should take some pictures of my belly fat which is what I most want to get rid of and post them around the house as incentive.

This weekend I will be seeing the friend who inspired me to start CD. I want to give her something special as a thank you, but I am at a loss of what to get her. Food and alcohol seem out of the question. Any suggestions?

Week 4 is drawing to a close - I weigh in tomorrow morning - and I think I'll do okish - despite the fact I seem to be ss+ing by adding a little protein and some veg every day, plus I've been having cott cheese and blackberries (my fav and they're in season) for breakfast.
Last night I went to a pasta party. They made extra protein (gambas) for me, so I tasted the homemade pasta and ate the gambas. I've been preparing for the party by doing extra workouts - 2 yesterday, will do 2 today - plus long walks w/ dog. We'll see tomorrow how effective that is.

On the good news - Oct is a light month for social events (only 2 scheduled) so am planning on really doing ss and moving the weight off! I want to be at goal by end Nov and then doing the steps.

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying a fine weekend!

Gd luck for wi tomorrow i am sure you will have a great loss as you have been doing fab! I have cancelled most get togethers that involve food for the nxt 2 months and having coffee with friends at home rather than shops as need to stay focused!
You are seriously doing well tizzy so keep going and let us know how u get on in the morning!

Thanks!

Weighed in and am down 3lbs which is great, considering the pasta party was Saturday night and I did taste both types of handmade pasta (they worked so hard on it!), plus had wine and Baileys, plus the meringue dessert. Luckily I really limited the portions I ate, never got to the point of feeling really full...and I've worked out 4x this weekend to burn off the calories in the pasta! My muscles are a bit sore today. :)

So all is good here. Have just realized how many years it's been since I was last at this weight - gasp! Yay! Now I have to really stick with it and get the rest off. 21lbs to go! Less than 2 stone!

Have a great week! I'm now late for work!!!!

Yey well done Tizzy thats a great loss and under 2 stone left to loose thats amazing u must feel great!!

Thanks! Still feel phat, but a bit less so. If only the belly fat would evaporate!!!!

How're you doing today?

Wow Tizzy you are on it! Congrats on another 3lbs off!

I sneakily went on the scales last night, and it looks like I may lose 1lb this week.....but I'm not sure because I didn't change the scales from kgs to stones so I weighed myself in kgs which doesn't mean a lot to me! I did it like that on purpose by the way! I haven't cheated so whatever happens, will happen!

Fingers crossed for a great week for you! Nice that you are a bit lighter on the social events this month so you can knuckle down to it! x

All gd today hun picked over the weekend so feeling today is a new start and actually feeling confident that i can carry on!

Well, another week down and another weigh-in. My CDC wants me to lose faster (aka, stick to diet more rigidly). Being contrary, I told her I no longer had a deadline and was in no rush, so long as I was losing. Course, I'm so bored with this diet now that it's hard to stay on track and not sabotage myself. Clearly getting back on CD after a break is HARD, HARD, HARD!

However, as I think about it, the incentive is there to stick to it, as then the weight should come off faster and I get to goal sooner and I can "step up and out" of this misery called CD. :sigh:

At any rate, like anything else, you just have to keep at it, so that's what I'm doing.
Today: 65min cardio workout, 100g cottage chs (90cal), 1 choc tetra (practical, but not satisfying), a few almonds, and 2ltrs of water so far

I know I'm in ketosis cause I'm soooo cold! Took a hot bath last night just to warm up. All I can say is "burn calories burn!!!" :)

Hope everyone is doing well.

Tizzy you have done and still are doing fantastic, I agree it's hard hard hard to get back in track after a break and you do travel a awful lot :)
( you lucky thing )

You are so right to tell your CDC its not about the race but getting to where you want to be, you are so focused and you will get to goal x x x

Weigh-in today and down 1lb. Aaarrgh! And the weird thing was I lost in while in France, having salad at lunch and out for a client dinner one night. What's up with that???

I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised that it wasn't more, as despite recourse to the mighty dulcolax, I've had no movement since Wed. Again, what's up with that?!? If nothing happens today/tomorrow, I'm going to start panicking I think, because a week is just tooo long. What happens next...surgery?? The mind boggles! At any rate, I'm not eating any more porridge til this is resolved and then only a couple of times a week (it has been my breakfast option for the past couple of weeks). I didn't finish the bowl recently and was astonished at the "cement" it turned into!

Well, that's it for my woes - small loss and stopped up system. On the plus side, it has finally stopped raining!!! Even though I'm at work, I sit next to a window and can appreciate the bright clear light. Yay!

And another CD week starts....

Well done on the lb hun its still a loss and as u have said being blocked up prob doesnt help i hope it sorts soon!!! Keep going hun your doing fab

Tizzy, any loss is better than a gain, Well done. I always think its extra hard for you because you travel so often and temptation is always there.
You have fantastic willpower and you should be very proud of how far you have come so far x x x

Back