It's the final countdown! Losing it - Phase 2!

Great to see so much positive energy ! We are ready to finish this up - 2013 is our last year on a diet!!! :)

Tizzy happy new yr :) Lovely to see you're back and feeling it 100% 2013 we will ALL reach goal come on ladies let's get cracking!!!!!

Great to see so much positive energy ! We are ready to finish this up - 2013 is our last year on a diet!!! :)

Ooooh what a great way to look at it, 2013 will be the last time I weigh this much, 2012 I weighed a whole lot more and although I'm back on CD I'm still stones lighter than this time last year so bring it on !
Positivity all round :)

Well that's 2 weeks of losses (tho' it is largely getting rid of the Xmas/New Years treats), so it proves that losses are still possible. I'm approaching the 10lbs to go mark and hoping not to make it some sort of weird psychological barrier. Just imagine having only single digits to lose!!! Eeeek! :eek:

Hmmm, might have to set a new weight goal - but am getting really tired of being on a diet, so maybe not... Will have to think about that.

I would really like to be at 10lbs or less to lose by Fri morning - when my father arrives from the US. :)

Wow Tizzy what a fantastic start to the new year only just over 10lbs til goal how amazing does that feel????????

Amazing and kinda scary.
It means that the real challenge is approaching rapidly - moving to a diet of "normal" food vs CD and maintaining for the rest of my life!!! Eeek!

Tizzy I have no doubt you will be in single figures very soon.
I fully understand why your thinking of changing your goal, I done the very same last Aug and no doubt I will do the same again once I get close to my goal. It's quite addictive and in many ways its good because we all know we will have a gain as soon as we start eating " regular " food again so its good to have a kind of buffer zone.

You are a great inspiration and a real support for so many if us in here. I know you will succeed with the maintenance x x x

Awww thanks!

Wow Tizzy 10lb to goal u are amazing well done!!!

Tizzy if you can lose all this weight you can definitely maintain it, it's taken such hard work to achieve. So pleased for you :)

It's been a couple of weeks since I last posted. My father came over for a visit which we both enjoyed, despite the bitterly cold and windy weather - not to mention the snow and ice! However we managed to go out for daily walks, check out the Heinekein Experience, go shopping, experience some wonderful restaurants and home cooked meals. Kept warm by drinking good red wine which my dad loves and eating a variety of cheeses.

I did pretty well while he was in town, but when he left I found it difficult to go back on diet given the amount of leftover food, cheese, open wine, etc. there was in the house. After eating that for a couple of days, I finally threw away what was left - I hate wasting food (I think we were all brought up not to waste) but it wasn't doing me or my diet any good.

Due to my dad's visit, I didn't get weighed last week and yesterday's weigh-in was cancelled as my CDC has the flu (lot of that going around). I know I've gained a bit, as am feeling sluggish, but will do a combination of CD and low carb this week and do a proper weigh-in on Monday. It's definitely a marathon, not a sprint this losing weight business!

Welcome back Tizzy we've missed you and so glad you had a lovely time with your Dad. As always you've got a lovely healthy mindset r.e eating plan. Won't be long now til you're at goal :)

OK - had my weigh-in and, as I expected, I've put on some weight - 3.5lbs. For 3 weeks of being off diet, drinking wine, having dinners I suppose that's not bad. I definitely notice I eat more and have less control when I'm having wine - not in itself a surprise or learning, but what I wonder is how to manage it better. I quite enjoy a glass of wine some evenings or on the weekend and I want to be able to do this without it turning into a 1/2 bottle and 2 portions of dinner vs one. If I can't manage that, then I expect I'm going to have to become a social drinker - having wine or alcohol only when with others. While my dad was visiting and for a few days afterwards I stopped recording in my food journal and stopped working out. Deadly! I know from past experience when I stop exercising, and particularly stop recording, that I gain weight. Happily I didn't wait 6+ months before starting up again!

My plan for Feb is to do ss+ - so CD products and a meal of salad/protein. I want to loose 7-8lbs this month which is approx 2lbs a week which should be very do-able. In Mar I plan to start moving up the steps and be off CD in time for ski trip toward end of the month. After which the plan is maintenance!!!!

Here's to a great month!

Tizzy that sounds like a very sensible plan. Cant advise regarding the drinking coz i dont drink except maybe twice a yr but im sure you'll work it out:) ooooh talk of maintenance is so exciting hehe

Well I'm not off to a roaring start - weighed in today and STS'd. :sigh:

On the flip side, I haven't been doing ss+. Have been more doing 2 normal meals w/ limited carbs, plus a CD product. And maintained, so it can be done if you're careful! When I spoke with my CDC she did agree that we're into vanity territory here, rather than losing for health reasons, and that it can be much harder to keep focussed. She's actually happy with the fact I'm maintaining, which surprised me a bit. Possibly she sees too many people stop doing ss or ss+ and quick regain weight.

I'm still in diet mode for Feb, so to lose the 7-8lbs I'm going to have to get back on ss/ss+ and off a maintenance track. Grrr. I can do this - my scales are proof! Not sure why it isn't as much a priority as it was last year.

Hey tizz, I'm back!

Like you, I'm finding it hard to refocus, so let's keep each other strong.

For the first time I had holiday photos where I didn't feel horrendous - my next big goal is new York at the end of March - I'm going SHOPPING!

Hey there! Share the photos! Please!

I'm really finding it difficult to stay on ss or even ss+. Was very good Mon-Thurs afternoon; got home Thurs night and had spareribs, potato and ice cream!!! For crying out loud! Back on ss+ (the + being cott cheese, fruit, yoghurt smoothies). I still want to lose weight, but it's simply not as urgent. And to be honest, I feel healthy, good in my clothes, able to workout. Figure 5-10lbs more and I'm done (which would be one size down in clothes as well).

My other thing is what to do with the excess skin - I know I need to wait at least 1 year, but I'm not sure it's really going to shrink back. Or shrink back enough. Ah well - I'll give it to the fall of this year...

I'm reading Pauline Quirke's book - I like it, tho' I also find it somewhat irritating. She seems to have stayed faithfully on LL for 8 or so months without eating anything else, or thinking of eating anything else, at all (except when on vacation on Majorica). I'm at the point now where she's lost 8st, is moving to eating normal food - and everything is just perfect. No slips, no falls, no problems shopping, no loose skin, no bingo wings..... but we'll see - still have 30% of the book to go. Maybe I'm just jealous.....

Well I have mastered STS which I suppose is a good thing. I haven't been eating CD products - just normal food in reasonable portions - and this past week I was so busy I didn't manage to work out once - when I had a spare moment, I fell asleep! What fun! So an STS is good.

I am going skiing in a couple of weeks, so I'm going to stay on normal food and add back working out. I want to see what the impact is and I want to be on normal food before going away for a week.

Have now experienced the healthiest 12+ months of my adult life - no colds, no flu, no chronic cough, no asthma. Makes me wonder at the burden my body experienced with the 60 or so extra lbs I was carrying. Yikes!

Well, am down a few ounces - so really STS. Again. However, it's encouraging cause I'm not on CD packs (weaned off as am going skiing next week) and have STS'd. So... will work at losing the last few pounds, but I think I'll do it with calorie counting and exercise.

Ski trip starts in 4 days - am soooo looking forward to it. Think I just need a break/to get away for a few days and then come back with renewed vigour!

Tizz it's great you have weaned yourself off the CD packs! What an achievement and to STS is brilliant! It means you are in control of the food and the food is not controlling you! Now that is a success story! The ski-ing should see you lose a couple of pounds at least (if you watch the après ski drinks!) x

Back