Its time to get smaller

@tipperary Iceland is only new in Shannon, have popped in a few times if I was passing... Which chicken meal did you get? They also do the frozen diced butternut squash that I can seem to get anywhere else so I try to pick up a few bags when I am there. I would pay anything to get it all prepared... I hate peeling them!

@SunHill @ladyfelsham Thanks folks, little man is a lot better today, he is gone to crèche and managed to sleep all night last night.. was great.. lot more refreshed this morning. Yesterday was such a lovely day that he spent most of it outside at crèche (love that they do that, they even had a picnic yesterday) and then we went to feed the ducks and played football in the park so he was wrecked last night. Fingers crossed he is over this virus..

Getting close to weigh in (thurs). Have had a sneaky look at the scales and am maintain at the moment.. so if I continue to maintain I will be happy.. Food hasn't been great lately, im gone very bold and not logging all my foods on MFP. I need to get back on track... currently 18 stone 11... aiming to be 18 stone 7 in 2 weeks so I need to get strict... Weightloss has definitely slowed down but I was expecting that to happen. if I manage 2lbs a week going forward I will be delighted.

Went to the gym last night and did 20 minutes on the bike and 20 minutes on the threadmill... Heading for a run this evening with my friend.. hoping to run 5km, weather is awful so we will see how much we can do. Hoping to do a bit of resistance training in the morning and then head to the pool for a few lengths. Its a short pool so aiming for 50 lengths... and then I will be too tired to do anything for the rest of the day :).... Im tired even thinking about it!

Food:

Breakfast: overnight oats
Lunch: tomato and lentil soup, galaxy bar (soup was very low cal and needed some sugar)
Dinner: quorn chicken stirfry and quinoa
snacks: banana, oranges

I am so envious of he fact that you can jog, I cant, I bounce everywhere, my knees get sore and my lungs want to burst.
I must look for the butternut squash, as well as being hard to prepare many its causes bad skin reactions with a lot of hands.
I think it was SW chicken and noodle, I thought it would be a good emergency work meal if I was lazy though to be honest Ive never found a ready meal that I have actually really liked.

@tipperary Iceland is only new in Shannon, have popped in a few times if I was passing... Which chicken meal did you get? They also do the frozen diced butternut squash that I can seem to get anywhere else so I try to pick up a few bags when I am there. I would pay anything to get it all prepared... I hate peeling them!

Dunnes Stores there is nice too, I got the beetroot/bean burgers and also two pairs of flight socks for my poor tired standing all day legs

I love prepared squash too, who has the strength to cut the hard skin off if you're not going to bake them!

Sainsurys do butternut slices too, which I'm going to try in lasagne one of these days :)

Afternoon everyone.......

Things are very busy here this week in work so I am not really able to update here as quickly.. will try to catch up on everyones diaries today at some stage.

@tipperary Its bloody tough going... I am never going to win any races but I will get there in the end... Have to say I love it! Did 90 minutes yesterday with a friend.. most of it was walking but we did run a mile... was so wet and horrible that I dreaded going but was lovely in the end.
Yea dunnes is nice there... and they have a dealz too in that shopping centre..

Its such a pity butternut squash is such a pain in the a$$..its so yummy.. I would love to be able to use pumpkin too... I have had it a few times when out but I never prepared it myself.. wrong time of the year now but I must look into it so I am prepared for the autumn....

Am doing a low cal few days, yesterday and today were very low. I need to start introducing more short term targets.. I was 17 stone 11 last week on weigh in... next target is 17stone 7... I would love to reach that by weigh in next week (8 days time) but I don't think I would hit that... maybe the week after that. I need to get my focus back.. I am hoping to be 16 stone by the end of july, that was my target in the slimmer for summer challenge thread but I think it might be out of reach now that my weight loss has slowed down.. still will give it a go.

Menu for today:

Overnight oats, seeds, banana, coffee
Tomato and lentil soup, 2x oranges
Quorn stirfry with quinoa

Was due to go swimming this morning but was so tired I went back to bed.. bringing the little man swimming later. Mr_d will collect him from crèche so I plan on going straight after work and be there at least 30 minutes before they arrive so I can get some done myself..

That sounds like nice sensible food. With all that exercise you are doing the weight surely must come off. I find it a hard balancing act between food and exercise, low cal and I have no energy for any exercise. And my body does need exercise to define a shape.
Most summers I grow our own pumpkins a squash but haven't this year, I might get some seeds today.

Morning all

yep that sounds like nice sensible food Tipp.. pity about the 2 bags of popcorn I had last night too!!! ah I was under calories for yesterday so I needed something..

Brought the little man swimming yesterday, mr_d was there too.. I got delayed at work so we all ended up going together.. but mr_d kept an eye on him while I swam.. did about 1km.. gym again this morning. 15 minutes running and 15 minutes on the bike.. then did a few weights.. my speed has really improved.. I ran 1km at 9km/h while I was thrilled with and the rest at 8km/h... my aim is to get to 5km in 30mins by the end of the summer, so would need to be able to run 30 mins @10km/h. I am tired this morning, taking a break now from exercise (with the exception of a walk tomorrow) until my 5km parkrun on Saturday morning.

Tipp, wow fair play to you, are they easy to grow? Do ye grow many vegetables?

Food:

Pre Gym: Banana and coffee
Breakfast: overnight oats
Lunch: tomato and lentil soup, 2x oranges
Dinner: quorn stirfry with quinoa

Also had my weigh in this morning, 2lbs down, thrilled as I didn't have the best weekend... I have noticed my weightloss has slowed a little, but I would be delighted going forward if I could stay around 2lbs down every week. For a while I was averaging 3.5lbs a week, was great but I knew that could never last longterm.. I am 17 stone 9 this morning. Hopefully I will hit 17.5 stone by next Thursday.

Have a great day everyone!

Well done on the weigh in, that's a great loss.
We did grow lots of veg but with work and various health issues with the whole family we haven't grown anything this year at all.

Menu sounds terrific - and WTG on your 2lb loss, that's fab!

Good luck for the parkrun - I can't even imagine running to the corner without doing myself some damage :).

@ladyfelsham I used to run, well a few years ago (prob about 5 years ago) I tried to lose weight and I started running.... really enjoyed it... was surprisingly easy to get back into it this time.. I think that's just the way I am... I will never win any races, nor am I very fast but I will definitely get there in the end...

I ran into a friend today that I worked with for years, we keep in touch a lot on social media but I haven't seen her since before Christmas until today.. She barely recognised me! Great getting compliments!

Food hasn't been great..

Breakfast: Overnight oats and coffee
Lunch: Tomato and lentil soup
Post lunch snack: Crisps and a crunchie bar!
Dinner: stirfry and quinoa

The post lunch snack was very bold but I am still within my calories for today... Still I like to eat healthier and I should of eaten something different when I was hungry..., have a splitting headache and just out of sorts, think it the weather, warm but cloudy!

Morning everyone..

had a very busy weekend and didn't manage to get online but I am back now! Had a wonderful weekend, sun was shining!

Did my 5km parkrun sat morning, was very tough, was so humid! But managed to shave another minute off my time, down to 34 mins now.. really delighted.. want to be under 30 mins by the end of the summer... After the run I brought my little man to a birthday party and ate all around me! Chocolate, crisps, cake, everything! Was very bold...

Sunday I went for a wonderful hike in the burren, a beautiful national park close to me, the landscape has loads of exposed limestone, weather was beautiful.. brought the little man with us, we were hiking for 2.5 hours in total according to the app... was beautiful, ended up carrying the little man for a good bit of it, but I guess it burned extra calories... went visiting family on Monday and I brought all my own food, everything was weighed out and I avoided all the cake and nice things... Managed to get to the gym before I left, 15 minutes on the bike and 30 minutes in the pool...

I use MFP to log my food, calories and exercise... I was looking at it over the weekend, I had my target weight set as 10 stone... well I don't think that will ever be achievable for me!!! So I reset my target for 12.. and it changed my calories... I thought that MFP adjusted my calories as I log my weight, I have been going about 200cals over a day... I double checked my calories online and I should be eating about 1300 cals a day and I had been eating 1500cals, plus a few more when I did a good gym session. So I have adjusted my cals again.

So I had planed on going to the gym but my little man is sick again! So I was awake all night..

Food for today is:

Overnight oat, pitta with salad and cheese, spag bol.

I love the burden, an amazing place and it was a lovely weekend weather wise.

@tipperary It was stunning! So calm and beautiful out there.. Stopped by Fr. Teds house to get the obligatory photo outside the gate with the little man...

Went for a swim last night, loved it.. had a sneaky look at the scales this morning and this is a great week on the scales, official weigh in tomorrow morning...

Food is good today, overnight oats, scrambled eggs, pasta bake... also had 2 sweets this morning at work, counted them in my calories...

Yesterday a colleague complemented me on my weight loss, she had been on leave for a few weeks... She told me to be careful not to lose too much weight... well I found that so funny... I mean I am still over 17 stone and have a long way to go to get to a healthy weight but I obviously looked like I am smaller than I am!
Been offered overtime on sat morning... I am so torn about what to do, I do my parkrun on sat mornings and I don't want to miss a week... but I could do with the extra cash..

Hope your wee man is feeling better now?

Tough one re the overtime - but could you do your parkrun after work? Or incorporate the run on your commute?

well I am absolutely shocked... I am 6lbs down this week... I genuinely don't know how that happened... I moved the scales several times to make sure and I kept getting the same reading... I had a sneaky look yesterday and was 4lbs down so I was absolutely chuffed.. but another 2 seemed to have fallen off last night... Shocked but absolutely delighted... 17stone 3lbs today... I have a target in the slimmer for summer thread and that is to be at 16 stone by the end of July, I thought it might be too much but now I think I might get it! 11 weeks to lose 17lbs.

Met a friend this morning at 6am and we did an hour walking/jogging.. she is new to running so most of it was walking.. I didn't mind eitherways, I will be going to the pool later for a swim so I can alter my workout! Went swimming last night as well, I think that all the swimming might be contributing to my weighloss... I have to say I absolutely love swimming.. very therapeutic. Only problem is that I have very dark hair and the dye is lasting no length with all the chlorine... I am so grey! But I am going to town today to try get a silicone hat that will fit me ok. And my skin is very dry of course.

@ladyfelsham I guess I could, the proper run is at 9:30 and I get my time and run with everyone else... I could do the course later in the day and just time it myself... I signed up for a series of 5 5km runs and the first one is in 2 weeks time so I need to get a good bit of running in... This is an official timed run with a medal and all!!

Food is the usual: overnight oat, scrambled egg, pasta bake..

Have a brilliant day everyone xx

Well done Orla. I have a similar problem with my hair. Tip I was given was have a shower first and keep your hair wet when you put the silicone cap on. If your hair is wet it won't soak up the pool water. You can get a barrier swim cream for your hair or put conditioner on under the cap but I have found these run a bit when you swim and get into your eyes.

Amazing loss well done.

I've been grey since I was about 25 so getting dyed all the time. And much more often now with new job. I don't swim for the first 5 days after it.

FAB loss, well done!

I was dying my hair from about the same age as Tipp - but have stopped now and letting it grow grey naturally. Not for everyone I know, but it is quite liberating :).

Back