Its time to get smaller

I was eyeing off a bag of buttons when I did my online shop, but in the end i went for the opposite - bags of Marmite mini rice cakes :).

Orla, I'm in awe of all the things you.manage to fit into the day. Jogging,gym, work, pool, little man....I just wouldn't be able.
I hope he gets better soon, I know what you mean about the chicken pox and having it early and getting it done but some kids are just so much more miserable with it than others..I hope he is ok

Poor baby :( I really hope he's better soon!

Really welld one on stopping at only the kitkat and the buttons, sometimes only chocolate will do!

Morning all

No chicken pox!! was a false alarm... my little man had a rash but has disappeared!!! Back to himself today and back to crèche!

@tipperary I have to admit, I don't watch TV much, and I love to be busy... I am spoilt at the moment, Mr_d is at home and keeps things ticking over at home so I have a bit more time to do all this. Once he has his surgery and is back to work I wont have as much time..

Went for a 45 minute swim this morning before work... really enjoyed it.

Wasn't the best yesterday, ended up having to go visit my parents yesterday.. brought my dinner and lunch with me but I did end up having a few biscuits... have been so bold over past few days, I need to stop it now..

On the menu today:

Pre gym: banana and coffee
Breakfast: overnight oats with seeds
Lunch: salad
Dinner: beetroot burger with home made sweet potato chips and salad

Roll on the weekend!! This has been a long week already and its only Wednesday!! and I took yesterday off work so I really shouldn't complain...

This weekend I am heading on my mini spa break.. as a treat having gotten to my first target. So booked in for a facial and hot stone massage.. cant wait... I was due to go to this spa last January with a group of friends.. a few days before I rang them to make sure they had robes for larger ladies,,,. they didn't.. I had to cancel.. This time I think they will fit (im down to a 18 or 20 in pennys/primark) So I am confident they will! Having to cancel the spa was the reason I started this weighloss journey.. it was the straw that broke the camels back.. I knew I had to do something.

I eat the kale/ quinoa burger and the pumkin/ spinach one. I.didn't know they had a beetroot one, must look for it

weigh in day today, I am down 2lbs today.. thrilled with that, after the 5lb loss last week I would of been happy to STS or get a 1lb loss... thrilled.

went for a jog last night, bought some new runners yesterday because the runners I had were bald and I was terrified I would slip.. I have 2 fine blisters on my heels as a result... only managed a mile jogging and then we walked about another 2. was lovely, went with a friend... Doing the timed 5km parkrun again on Saturday morning.

Was supposed to go to gym this morning but I was so tired and my heel was sore that I decided to give it a miss today. Might head out for a walk on my lunch break instead.

Typical food today:
Overnight oats, salad and beetroot burgers...

will have a bag of popcorn tonight.. Mr_d and I watch one show together...its the only show we both like... designated survivor on Netflix and there is a new episode tonight so will sit down and watch that and have some popcorn. Should still be under calories... Bringing the little man to the pool this evening too.. mr_d is coming too so I might get a chance to do a few lengths.

have a lovely day xx

Me and MrTipp.are Designated Survivor fans too so glad you said a new one is available.

I describe it as a cross between 24 and The West Wing. I'm watching Madame secretary.

I have to admit @tipperary... I do have a soft spot for kiefer Sutherland :classic_smile: I will watch anything that he is in! Its the voice!

Little man is sick.. he is in such bad form.. got call from crèche to collect him, thankfully Mr_d is at home so I don't have to leave work. poor little mite was awake all night, so we had a rough night with him... Thomas the tank engine at 3am to help calm him..

I am away this weekend for my spa break, going to do the 5km park run in the morning and then go.. but this might change things a bit for me. Had planned on going for a swim this morning but didn't after the hard night we had....

Foodwise it was:

Overnight oats
huge salad
quorn pieces stirfry with veggies and quinoa.

Coffee is saving me today I think!! Earlier, I was craving food, there is a vending machine in the building I work in, its very close to my office... was so tempted to go out and get some chocolate and crisps... I resisted! glad I did now!

Don't know if I will get a chance to be on over the weekend so have a great weekend everyone xx

Hope little man is feeling better and you all got some sleep. Did you get to go away after all?

Morning all,

Little man is ok, he was still a little out of sorts over the weekend, I am going to bring him to the GP tomorrow if he isn't better.. Did get away for my spa break, I went with my sisters and mam so Mr_d was at home with him. The hotel was 35 minutes from home and I don't drink so mr_d said he would call me if there was any issues. Thankfully there wasn't. The treatment was amazing. really enjoyed it. We ate dinner at a nice Italian restaurant. I checked the menu during the week and had decided on salad.. but ended up changing my mind and having pizza!! Was lovely but so bloated still after it! Then Mr_d decided he was getting fish and chips for dinner last night, I told him I didn't want anything... then ended up eating loads of his chips! so foodwise things haven't been good over the weekend! But I am back on track today.. going to be very strict and good this week.

Did the parkrun on Saturday... 5km timed run. last week I did it in 39 minutes.... did it in 35 this week.. chuffed with that! Had planned on going to the gym this morning but having stomach issues again this morning... Its after all the bad food over the weekend... cant wait to get back to eating ok. Went for a swim last night, just did 30 minutes... was so bloated from the pizza that I am surprised I didn't sink!

Breakfast: Banana and overnight oats..
Lunch: tomato and lentil soup
Dinner: quorn stirfry

Have a wonderful day everyone...

Well done on the park run, that's fab! Hope Master D is feeling much better soon, poor baby :( It's awful when little ones are ill.

Ahh don't worry about the not so great food choices, it happens - and you're doing loads of exercise to compensate :).

Hope the wee one gets better real soon x

That's an amazing time on the park run, well done. Glad you enjoyed the spa.
I found the beetroot and burger beans in Tesco in Shannon yesterday and got some to try. To be honest I haven't found a huge difference in the kale/quinoa ones and the pumpkin/spinach ones so I hope the beetroot/bean ones have a totally different taste. I also discovered Shannon town has an Iceland too and got one SW chicken meal and some Indian dhal and veg curries to try.
Hope trip to GP goes well.

Back