Its time to get smaller

Wow I'm going with the brave comment, well done you! A friend of mine just ran her first half marathon and was ecstatic that she finished it :).

Thanks @ladyfelsham Will give it a go anyway, managed to rope in a friend to do it with me last night, we are planning on doing the local park run on Saturday morning, its a free 5km which is timed... going to give it a go anyway.

When I met the trainer yesterday she had me using one of those scary looking weights machine... I really feel it this morning,.. I have pains in the muscle under the arm... its a muscle I don't think I have ever used before!!! Really feeling it last night and this morning...

So today is my rest day from the gym.. Had a bit of a lie in this morning, was still up at 6 but I love the morning time. Did some housework... reckon my neighbours think I am strange... I had the hoover going at that time!

Breakfast- Egg, low gi bread, mushroom, spinach and cheese, with a mug of coffee
Lunch- cheese, egg salad with hummus
Dinner- Quorn chicken sytle pieces with stirfry veg and bulgur wheat.

Have a wondeful day everyone

I know exactly what you mean about those muscles that never get used. I have often done something new and then.not been.able to.change gears in the car.

Well I have to say... I am in shock... poor Mr D awoke to screaming at 5:30 am... and then crying... Took me a few minutes to get the words out..

I lost 5lbs this week and am now in the 17 stone bracket... My poor hubbie... he thought something awful had happened..

But I am obviously thrilled. Great loss this week. I am delighted with myself...

and I am now under 18 stone... I have never stood on the scales and seen 17 before!!!

I had a funny tummy this morning, awful cramps, suffer with them from time to time. I didn't go to the gym.. they have eased now so I will go for a swim tonight when I have the little man in bed.

I am 5foot 8 myself and the tallest in the office I work in... yesterday the ladies asked me to close the window which is up rather high.. I couldn't do it! The pain of the muscle under my arms meant I couldn't reach it!! Had to stand on a chair to do it. The personal trainer was working yesterday when I brought my toddler to the pool, I told her about my muscle pain... she laughed.. I am going to discover plenty more muscles apparently!!!

Mr_D has lost a lot of weight too.. he has over 3 stone gone. He has been eating healthily and going to the gym a bit, no junk food in the house has helped a lot!

So on the menu for today is:

Breakfast: overnight oats
Lunch: huge egg and cheese salad with hummus
Dinner: Quorn stirfry with bulgur wheat

Last night I was way under calories for the day so I mad myself eat a boiled egg and 2 slices of low GI toast with a cheese triangle.. Today will be the same so I might get myself something nice for break this morning and popcorn for tonight after the pool.

Have a wonderful day xx

That's amazing well done.
I thought it was Mr D who was screaming.
So...hard work does pay off, I've obviously never done any.
Great news.

Well done to both of you - but an extra special well done to you for the loss AND for keeping going through the armpain Bless you !! All for good! :) xx

Fabulous loss Orla, I'd scream too, knowing I was in a lower stone bracket - that is brilliant!

Great that Mr_D is doing it too, and doing really well, so there's no tempting stuff around.

:bestwishes:

That's amazing well done.
I thought it was Mr D who was screaming.
So...hard work does pay off, I've obviously never done any.
Great news.

Haha Mr_D wasn't screaming but he did offer a few "choice" words having been woken that early in the morning...

Im enjoying it while it lasts,.......... coz im sure the plateau is coming!!!

Fabulous loss Orla, I'd scream too, knowing I was in a lower stone bracket - that is brilliant!

Great that Mr_D is doing it too, and doing really well, so there's no tempting stuff around.

:bestwishes:

Its the first time he has been motivated... He is off work for past few weeks, he is waiting on surgery and his consultant is on holidays!!! His doc has signed him off work until after surgery so he is not used to having so much free time! spending his time in the gym is helping!

Thank god its Friday!! Have been up the walls in work all week..

Finished work a little early yesterday and went to the beach... then when little boy was in bed I went for a swim.. Really enjoying the swimming... Only downside is the dry skin and hair... I need to bathe in moisturiser!

Didn't get up for the gym this morning, I am doing a 5km park run in the morning so I didn't want to be sore... will go for a swim later instead and then the run in the morning...

I sat down to have my overnight oats this morning and my little boy saw the container and wanted some "cake!".. I had to laugh.. so I gave him some and he ended up eating all of mine! He loved it... will be making 3 portions of overnight oats from now on it seems! so I ended up having a banana with yogurt and some seeds...

Only working a half day today, Meeting friends for lunch... some pub grub so hopefully I will be able to get something healthy.. maybe a salad...

Hope everyone has a lovely day

Hi folks... Haha I know... Cake for breakfast... Makes us sound like the world's worst parents if he tells people he has cake for breakfast 😂

So my little man is sick at the moment... Up half the night.. there is a child with chicken pox at crèche so it might be the start of it.. hopefully it is.. would be great to have it over and done with.

Haven't been very good food wise the past few days... Had a birthday party yesterday so I had cake and today Mr d went and got me lots of crisps at my request! One of those days...

So I did my first 5k yesterday... I aimed to do it under 45 minutes... I'm a slow jogger... I walk quicker! But I did it in 39 minutes... Jogged it all, with the exception of a few hills... First hill I decided I would power through it.. as quick as I could.. I nearly vomitted!! Didnt make that mistake twice! A friend did it with me and we are going to run the same course on Wednesday evening.. delighted to have company! Went to the pool then this morning but have was wrecked from it all, as well as being awake most of the night with the little man. Did 25 minutes swimming and then soaked in the hot tub! Did wonders for my legs...

Hopefully I will make it to the gym in the morning. Hopefully my little man will be feeling better... He has a very complicated medical history.. everything just seems to hit him harder 😞 but he will be fine 😀

Well done on your jog - that's awesome!!! Especially beating your target - well done! :)

Hope little one is feeling better very soon! :(

Thanks @SunHill I was so chuffed with it. I really enjoy running, its great for the mind... I am probably still a little heavy to be doing it a lot, but 2 runs a week should be ok... Its something I would love to keep up once I reach my target weight.

I was up early this morning, 5am to go to the gym. I went into the little mans room to check his temp and he woke! so that was the end of that! I ended up bringing him into my bed, I told him that I would be going to the gym and daddy would be minding him but he was having none of it... so no gym this morning, I don't mind that much as he is sick and miserable. I really need to get back into the gym. have been doing a lot of swimming lately which is a great workout but I need to get myself back into the weights... Mr_d is going this evening so I don't know if I will get a chance to go tonight after work.. I might have a look at youtube and see if there are any workouts I could do when the little man is asleep... better than nothing I guess...

Foodwise, I am having:

Breakfast: Overnight oats with coffee
Lunch: a salad with spinach, carrot, peppers, cucumber, chickpeas, butter beans and feta
dinner: sweet potato, spinach and lentil dahl with quinoa

Have a wonderful day everyone xx

Back