It's time

Me and my mojo

Morning folks!!!

I've had a lovely lovely birth-fortnight! Lol! And it's time for me to get back on the SW wagon big style. I feel lethargic, bloated and bleurghh. All my mouth wants is carbs and beige food but the satisfaction is momentary and fullness feeling is just gross.

I have more stuff coming up in the next few weeks though:-
31st- Meal (and cocktails) with mum and aunt (10 days after my bday!!)
1st- Meal for housemates girlfriends bday
2nd- Meal for aunts birthday
6th- Meal for work colleagues birthday

Think thats it. Gosh I am FAR more popular than usual!! Spose I'll have to try save syns and make good choices.

At the moment though I want to ease myself back on gently and if that means only 1 or 2 SW meals per day thats better than 3 a day off plan.
I do expect another gain on Wednesday- but that doesn't mean I am going to accept it any easier.

Food Diary

1x weetabix (1/2 HeB)
activia 0%
Mugshot (1 syn)
2x veggie sausages (2 syns)
banana
apple
activia 0%
alpen light (1/2 HeB)
clementine (omg was the most delicious and juicy and messy clemo ever!!!)
SW cottage pie (YUM) with spinach, broccoli, peppers and green beans and dollop of light Philly with garlic n 'erbs ( 1/2 HeA)
20140127_175042.jpg

left over veggies and LM RO sausage (think I'm peckish, but probably not. Rather reach for this than snacks
:eek:)
meringue nest (2.5 syns), clementine, activia 0%
alpen fruit and nut (5.5 syns!!)

3x cups of tea with red milk (1/2 HeA)
5x pints of water
2x pints sugar free squash
1/2 pint pepsi max (WITHOUT VODKA!!!
:eek:)

Daily syns:- 11/15

Last edited:
Heyy welcome back.. look at u with all your meals :) ive got a meal on wed and sun but all we can do is try and make the right decision :)

Its good u enjoyed your bday properly :) I still havent done anything for mine hehe xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Heyy welcome back.. look at u with all your meals :) ive got a meal on wed and sun but all we can do is try and make the right decision :)

Its good u enjoyed your bday properly :) I still havent done anything for mine hehe xx

Britt you haven't celebrated!! All the more reason to make semi good choices at your two meals! Do you know where you're going yet?
I'm going to start looking at menu's not just for healthy choices but so I don't repeat myself. Going to 3 italians. Now pizza and pasta is my fave but might have to chuck some sort of salad in the mix :-/

Hey popping in to subscribe..

Hey Caleb! Thanks for popping in. Can't promise any inspirational-ness atm as I've had a VERY indulgent January. Will be nice to see how easily I can get back on plan though! Today's actually been fab. Hows your day been?

Weight related docu's

I love a documentary me!
I have had my laptop for about 2-3 years now and it has never allowed me to watch 4od. I recently treated myself to a new phone and it can now be watched, so this is what I spend my time doing.

But first I was watching Weight Loss Ward on itvplayer

It's a ward in Sunderland which deals with surgeries and things to help people lose weight. Mostly I sympathise, but its funny how things such as editing and so on can encourage you to feel other emotions.
Definitely an interesting watch though.

Then on 4od I watched My Baggy Body

Its about 3 people that have lost large amounts of weight (between 12-22 stone if I remember correctly) and are left with much excess skin.
The 2 ladies had some sort of surgeries like bypass or gastric band or something, and one of the women was allowed skin removal on NHS.
The chap had lost all the weight through WW and exercise and then had to save up £8000 to have the skin removed.
Again I really enjoyed watching it. It helped me empathise with my mum who has lost around 5 stone so far (about 2-3 stone to go) and is noticing lots of skin and is also coming to terms with other issues which she never dealt with when she was bigger.
I also did this myself after a gain a couple of weeks ago- where everything was the end of the world- job, house, weight, age, bla bla bla

Then last night I watched Fat Family Tree
NOW THIS WAS INTERESTING

It talked about genes which may or may not make it more difficult for some people to lose weight, or easier to put on.
The genes discussed where one which makes you enjoy the taste of fat more than others without the gene, one that makes you store fat around the stomach and another gene that I can't remember right now.
The interesting thing was the Dr who (lol- Dr. Who!) presented the show wanted to help this family work with their genes to lose weight. For example- the taste of fat tastes better to them but if they do a 90 minute walk before eating any fat in their food, they absorbed 38% LESS fat into the blood. Amazing. Watch it

Can anyone recommend any others?
I know I seem obsessed but its documentaries in general that I like. I wanted to share the above with you because, well, I just do.
I also watched one about a serial killer in America, and one called crocodile tears about those parents that have killed their kids but do one of those appeal things on tv. Nasty. Oh and Benefits Street. Now thats a watch and a half!
Oh and Honey Boo Boo is back, more reality than docu but God I love that show!!!

I always think the most inspirational stuff comes from when you are having more of a bumpy time and carrying on regardless.

My day was good thanks, last week was really difficult couldn't shake the urge to snack in the evening so by Sunday it was like water torture.

I am totally with you on the food/ weight related shows I watch them almost constantly while dieting, tonight its supersize super skinny and yesterday watched that my baggy body programme too, just felt really awful for all of them. Especially the guy, lost all of that weight doing diet and exercise and still was so unhappy.

For more stuff all the Ana Richardson programmes are good.. my big fat diet show and secret eaters but she has done loads.

There were also a few a couple of years ago on size 0 one presented by Louise Redknap the other by Dawn Porter.. good for showing just how unhealthy the other end of the weight scale is!!

Evening Kimberley - good to see you back in the game hun.

The Weightloss Ward programme is filmed in the hospital I go to for appts - I cringe at the north east accent on TV or Radio lol. I still love watching it though.

I love documentaries too - some may call me morbid/macabre but I love watching murder programmes, real life gruesome tales etc.

Benefit street is on tonight I think? x

Haha I thought I was the only one, I love watching Biggest Loser, got the Aussie one on series link at the moment and excited cos it's on every night, so I can sit on a Saturday and watch 5 episodes in a row!!

I also like I Used To Be Fat, Supersize v Superskinny, Secret Eaters... Anything with an inspirational weight loss by the end!!

Well done for getting back on plan, at least you aren't saying you've had a boring January, I've barely left the house aside from work and WI lol. Have loved it tho, I love being a lazy slob!! xx

I love these programmes too! I love supersize v super skinny - spesh when they go to America .

I sit there watching it feeling very slim!! ;) eating fruit and supping green tea!!

I love anything that looks into people's lives. I'm just about to watch channel 4 about polygamist families. Lets see what this has to say

Wowwy- lots of thoughts!!!

Aww Caleb, you’re probably right. Real life is full of bumps and if we were all like “la la laaaa, everythings perfect and fine”, then minimins probably wouldn’t even exist!- GOD FORBID!!!
I’m glad to hear that you’ve managed to shake the urge to snack. I was a quivering over-thinking mess last night trying not to. My food diary is like a flipping shopping list! Lol
I loved the Dawn Porter one and the Secret Eaters one. I think I thought they were the same person! Lol!!!

Sheila what a coincky that you visit that same hospital. I ended up watching a docu about two young boys (15yo & 12yo) that shot one of their step-dads in the face and got life. Morbid indeed. I couldn’t find that stupid Benefit Street on my stupid phone. Stupid 4od! Hopefully will be there tonight!!

Hey Laura, well I wouldn't expect anything less than liking these same shows! I've never really gotten into Biggest Loser...maybe I should give it a go. Brittany, which is the best you reckon- OZ, UK or USA?

Kitty I love when they go to America in supersize v super skinny too. I always think though how the ones that have to lose make more effort than the ones who have to gain. But maybe I'm just bias!! Glad I'm not the only one thats obsessed with people on tv. Love how I can pretend that carcrash tv is actually enabling my personal anthropological interests...lol

Lol I love love love Biggest Loser. US is my fave. They stopped making British ones a few years ago and this is the first Aussie one I've watched. Not as good as the Americans but they did have the biggest contestant ever on any of them which was an eye opener!!

Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Lol I love love love Biggest Loser. US is my fave. They stopped making British ones a few years ago and this is the first Aussie one I've watched. Not as good as the Americans but they did have the biggest contestant ever on any of them which was an eye opener!!

Xx

Spose I best give it a go then!!

Week 15- A summary

Another kerrr-azzzyyyy week.

Groan.

Started reining it in yesterday and been as good as gold today. Only time will tell.

I think after doing 15 weeks of SW now (well- pretending to, or supposed to have done) I feel comfortable with the plan. On the other hand, there are still often little surprises- stir-frying frozen broccoli, green beans, peppers and spinach, serving with salt & pepper and it tasting like its the best meal you've ever had! :eek:
There are also very testing times. Like last night where I just wanted to roll around in fatty treats. :party0051:

The big thing for me, is that despite coming off plan a couple of times now I've come back to it. I don't feel guilty and disgusting. Or if I do its very very briefly. I like the whole draw a line under it thing we say to one another. I like the support of minimins. I like that when you get back on the wagon it doesn't mean deprivation, starvation or gorging on cottage cheese and crabsticks for 72 hours.

So although week 15 hasn't really been on plan, its been a good week for me. I weigh less than I did when I started, am looking forward to going back tomorrow and have loads of fab new friends on here!! Hurrah

Food Diary

2x weetabix with some green and some red milk (HeB & A)
superspeed soup with jacket potato
activia 0%
clementine
kiwi
apple
4 pieces of sushi (4 syns?)
salmon pasta bake (inspired by the bbc recipe of the week AND "creamy pasta bake" recipe on SW website, with salad.
LOADS of veg involved- garlic, onions, tinned toms, green beans, spinach, peppers, lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes

2x cups of tea
3x pints of water
4x pints of squash
1/2 pint pepsi max

Daily syns:- 4/15

You hit the nail on the head Kimberley when you said you dont feel guilty or disgusting!! Why should you, life does get in the way despite all our best efforts to not let it sometimes ( in SW terms of course). There is no shame in having a topple from the "SW Wagon" we wouldnt be human if we didnt. We have all been there and will be again.

Ive looked at your stats and if theyre up to date you only have 7lbs to target? You could be at target in 7 weeks with a minimum of 1lb a week ( no pressure mind lol) You will get there hun, just take each day as it comes. You have loads of virtual support and help and many new friends here, keep going xx

Great mentality, there is no rush to the end and we will all hopefully settle at a happy medium eventually!!!

Xx

Lol Sheila, I gave myself 15 weeks to lose 15lbs. I lost 8lbs. So I've given myself 9 weeks to lose this same 7lbs. We shall see.
Goal weight is 8st 7lbs (I think). Some stupid bmi thing I downloaded on my phone said I should be 7st 11lbs!!! I'm not a child!!!! Lol!

Anyway, all that aside..

I may or may not have (I did) just finish sucking the flavouring from 100g of cinnamon pretzels.
Well not 100g as some got chewed up, and some got eaten. Most got spat out and binned.
May be the weirdest thing I have ever done..

Pahhh its all just numbers at the end of the day - its how comfortable you feel in yourself at the end of the day. Last time I went to docs for check up the nurse said well your still in the OBESE range!!! WTF is that all about, now whilst I know I was overweight and needed to lose there was no way I was EVER obese. I ignore BMI - im sure it stands for something stupid like Bloody Mental Innit hehe

Lol @ sucking on the pretzels id pass on them thanks lol

Biggest loser USA without a doubt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmazing and dolvett quince one of the trainers is boooooooooooooooooooooootiful but obviously I just watch it for the weight loss hehe..

Your mentality is fab I might have to use some of it on my thread :) xx

Sent from my ME173X using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back